Getting Away With Murder

I get confused sometimes with memories of rage imposed on percieved current reality.

Without police, life as we know it can't happen. Cops as a group would likely plot a bell curve of statistical probability like every other valid set of data. It's the 10% rule, where the few naughties out-shout citizenship. In my memories, the good don't stand out like the bad, and I spoke a bad dream instead of life.
Occasionally, a few young city cops walk a beat on my street. Certainly by at least threes, and daytime only but still... they have heart :love:

When writing to congress critters, does 'handwritten' mean cursive with a pen?
My youthful pen-callous is nearly gone, but... :)

Semper Fi
They don't even teach cursive in schools anymore. My mother in law is an elementary principal and they just don't have time for it anymore. I wonder how any kids can even read it. But anyways, I've been told from those that supposedly know that a handwritten letter gets more attention and a better response than an email or form letter, the reason being a handwritten letter comes from an individual that feels strongly enough to put their thoughts to paper, whereas the email is usually cut/pasted from a forward they received.

Not too far from where I live they're teaching kids some form of Chinese (Mandarin, I assume) in elementary school. I suppose by the time those kids graduate HS they'll need it for their bosses/leaders/whatever.

Email can be deleted with a click without even reading it. Filters can remove it by the thousands. A physical piece of mail still gets delivered (although who is to say that it'll be read by the adressee instead of his/her staff?).

If you handwrite it, make sure your penmanship is decent - mine was never all that great and the hands aren't in the best shape these days so I type mine via a word-processor, although I do still snail mail them instead of using email.

I would love to see this story properly investigated. No statute of limitations on murder, and I'd call inappropriately being shot in the head by a cop a deprivation of civil rights. The feds can get excited over such things. Unlikely to ever go anywhere, but it would be nice to see some justice in the end.

Back
Top Bottom