ant03388

Tsup Guy's
I got like a million questions and no one to answer, i found some answer on internet but each reponse i find only bring more question, So I Started my first crop 2 weeks, i started from the seed, i only got 2 plant, i got an air exchanger and a classic sodium lamp i will bring more info about it tomorrow, so here's a list of question i could be very happy if you guy's could answer me:

1. Do i need fertilizer in my soil when i plant the seed or i should add it later
2. Can i use a HPS lamp only for vegetative state and flowering state
3. am i right, the light cycle for the vegetative state is 18 h of light for 6 hours of darkness and 12 h for 12 h for the flowering state
4. The temp in my "Greenhouse"(non fonctional bathroom) is 27 ºC is it enough
5. do the air exchanger is needed for only 2 plant
6. do the distance between the plant and the lamp realy matter?
7. When i'm supposed to know when my plant enter the flowering state

More questions will come and photo too
Thank you every one :thanks:

Welcome to :420: Ant

See if I can help a bit

Seedlings don't need ferts. As to when to start fertilizing not sure, I grow in organic super soils and only water from start to finish.

You can use just the HPS although if you want to save some money on power, CFLs work quite well for the vegetative stage.

Light schedule for veg can be anywhere from 14.5 to 24 hrs of light per day. Most research suggests that 16-18hrs is the optimal range though.

For flowering you want 12/12, 11/13 or 10/14. Some claim the 10/14 schedule improves growth when used in the last few weeks of flowering.

Temps are great but try to keep the nighttime temps not less than 20C

You need airflow to refresh CO2 in the grow.

Best way to set lamp height is to put your hand at plant height below the light, if it gets hot, raise the light.

When to start your flowering schedule will be determined by grow area and preference. The bigger you can let your plant grow before flowering, the greater your yield will be.

Hope this helps and if you have more questions, just give a shout, someone will answer :)

I will put my 2cents in
1. Do i need fertilizer in my soil when i plant the seed or i should add it later- soil is supposed to have organic nutrients already in it, if you use chemical nutes on soil it will kill all the healthy flora,
2. Can i use a HPS lamp only for vegetative state and flowering state- you can use a flashlight if you want, but if you want short nodes and more bud locations then you want to get a t5 floro, or cfl's will work also
3. am i right, the light cycle for the vegetative state is 18 h of light for 6 hours of darkness and 12 h for 12 h for the flowering state- since we are able to create an ideal situation for the plant 24 hours in veg is best, you can use 18/6 and for flower its 12/12
4. The temp in my "Greenhouse"(non functional bathroom) is 27 ºC is it enough- 80 degree's is great what is the rh(relative humidity)
5. do the air exchanger is needed for only 2 plant- well all plants need fresh air so some form of air exchange is definitely needed whether you need the device you have or not i dont know unless you tell specifically what you have
6. do the distance between the plant and the lamp realy matter? yes the closer the lights are to the plant the more light is absorbed and the less it will want to stretch to the light, but you cant put a hps close to young plant
7. When i'm supposed to know when my plant enter the flowering state- you will know your plant has reached sexual maturity when the nodes start staggering. In the beginning it will grow 2 sets one on each side at some point it will change to only one side or the other that is when you know its ready

Back
Top Bottom