First cupboard conversion - which space configuration

Helium

Hi fellows!
This is my first post in this forum, nice to meet you all!

This is my first "big" project. I’m planning to convert my cupboard and I need your advice concerning some specific questions.
The cupboard is separated into 4 compartments and has 4 sliding doors.
One compartment consists of 2 shelves => so 8 shelves in total.

One of the compartments:

Cupboard02.jpg

And here the "plan"

Plan6.jpg

I want to use the “Reflector LED Grow Light 48x3w”, which would be just right for this area size. (Manufacturer stated coverage: 0,45m² (4,84ft²) ).
Maybe you can recommend another light you think might be suited better?

I plan to cut a hole in the centre of the cupboards ceiling and fit the carbon filter into the middle partition, so that half a pipe sticks out on each side and sucks the air from both inner partitions.

Now to my question(s):

Option1:
If I left the space configuration of the cupboard as it is I would have to mount 2 fans into the outer partitions which suck the air from the outer compartments to the inner ones, otherwise the outer compartments would have no air flow.

+ Best stability
+ Least amount of manual work
- 2 extra fans needed
- More reflective film needed
- Plants are a bit more squeezed together

Option2:
I could remove both the outer partitions, so that I would have 2 big compartments and 4 long shelves instead of 8 short ones.

+ About 5,3m² (57ft²) less reflective foil needed, also probably more light for plants
+ Less partitions means the plants are a bit less squeezed together
- Probably complete disassembly of cupboard and messing around with the fastening necessary

Which option can you recommend from your experience?
Or is there even an easier/better way to convert the cupboard? (While maintaining a good air flow throughout all partitions)

To be honest I would rather like to use one Reflector TopLed 48x3W for 1m² (10,7ft²) to save energy and mainly LED acquisition costs but this cupboard is very tempting to convert.

:hmmmm: what about this:

"Option 3":
simply removing the shelves and choosing really high growing strains like Super Silver Haze? Could this save me 4 lights while getting a similar yield? (maybe 350g instead of 2*200g?)

Please enlighten me with your opinion and experience :;):

See our sound like your over stretching it. Why so many compartments. And are you planning to use aluminum foil for reflectivity?

Wouldnt you be better just gutting the internals and having just the one big compartment and painting the inside walls a flat white. Im curious to know if you can get those sort of yields with just the one LED? Or did you mean multiple?

Back
Top Bottom