First Grow: 4Bucket Hydro With Barney's Lucy

They do look good... I think next time I'm going to try topping and then mainlining them out to see what comes of that.

Don't know if this will help you, but my temps were starting to struggle when they got bushy, humidity too. It stabalized lower in both ranges after a good defol. Just a thought.

Thanks! Mainlining looks interesting, I have looked at the shade leaves on occasion and thought the plant might do well without them blocking so much light. The closet grow has not had any temp or humidity issues which has been nice, its just the tent giving me problems!

Starting tomorrow when the lights turn off in the closet they will remain off for 48hrs to start flowering! Since topping there has been a change in axillary growth and it is beginning to take off even more. The plants all appear to have handled the topping well much to my relief. The purple coloring has increased in Plants #2,#3, I am curious to see what comes of that. I am beginning to think I will have two females (#1,#2) and one male (#3), #2 has some hairs now beginning to show and #3 looks a little more round in shape with no hairs sticking out at the nodes.

The tent is great with the exception of temps, roots are expanding rapidly, growth is even with the exception of #1 which is far larger. The GLP still hasn't shown a root yet, but it has to be any day now.

More colas the merrier! :)

I have begun building my new grow room so I will get some pictures of that up when it is completed hopefully tomorrow, but the dimensions are 48x52x90, so lots of room for growth :)

The GLP has rooted so that makes all four!

Plants #1,#2,#3 are now all in the dark until Sunday afternoon. I will get the next round of pictures up once the lights are on 12/12!

Happy Growing!

;)

I have had an interesting week! Three days into 12/12 it became evident that Plants #1 and #3 are male, bummer, and #2 is female. I have retired the males to a family member's window sill to live out the rest of their days, I will still use them to collect pollen (#1 is too pretty and #3 is too purple to let the genes go to waste) and use them to try a batch of hash. With this though it would be a waste to keep the lights at 12/12 for one female who does not need all that space and light, so I am starting the lights back on 18/6 to give her a chance to put some more meat on her bones and give me a chance to start another soil grow! I will start another grow journal for it, but I have planted the three Auto Trans Siberian seeds, still waiting on a sprout. I am disappointed that they turned out male but it was not for nothing, I learned a lot about maintaining a soil grow and keeping them healthy, I now know what to look for for health/sex/growth, I know how to properly top a plant, and I learned about these wonderful plants in general.
This Journal will focus mostly on the Barney's Lucy from here on out!
I took plenty of pictures of the Grow Tent, I am for the most part happy with the growth, it is more slow than I had hoped, though according to other grow journals it is normal to have slow veg growth for this strain. I am going to 75% strength nutes when I change the water next, I was just waiting on the GLP to drop roots.
The new grow room has been completed, I am just going to wait to put any lights/air filtration/plants in until a later date, I see no need to expand at the moment.

Lucy #1

IMG_19508.jpg
IMG_195110.jpg

IMG_19589.jpg
IMG_195910.jpg

Lucy #2

IMG_19528.jpg
IMG_195310.jpg
IMG_196011.jpg

Lucy #3

IMG_19548.jpg
IMG_195512.jpg
IMG_196213.jpg

GLP

IMG_19569.jpg
IMG_195711.jpg
IMG_19639.jpg

Hello again! What an embarrassment it is to have taken such a long break from this community! I am not without my reasons however and my life just got shuffled up and finally put back together these last two months. NEVER over that time did I neglect my girls and it has been a pretty crazy, eventful, and beautiful 8 weeks. I will try and give a short run down of what happened with the plants in that time till now: I upped the nutrient solution to 100% and in a matter of 2 weeks there was a significant growth change in all of the plants, but especially Lucy #1. I successfully topped Lucy #1, but left the others un-topped because I couldn't get the cut. I ran into a bigggg problem with thrips, they invaded quickly and it was difficult at first to determine what exactly was happening to the leaves. I simply bought a large bag of ladybugs and set them loose inside the tent, they loved it and so did the plants. Once the thrips were all eaten the ladybugs died off and it was quick and easy to clean up (just wipe them all away off the mylar flood guard). Another thing I did that greatly reduced the thrips and helped to get rid of them quickly was to trim any excess leaves that they could attack and spread from, the plants new leaves fill the gaps in about 4 days and it gives the ladybugs time to attack a smaller area. Anyway, glad to be done with those little buggers. I gave the plants 48 hours of dark on Sept. 1st (12-13 wks/o) to begin the flowering process and put in the red halide bulb for when they woke up. Staying consistent with every other thread on Lucy I have read, it has been an incredibly slow flowering process and only after about 10 days did it show its first pistils. Now I haven't even mentioned height... Lucy #2 is 15" tall, Lucy #3 is 13" tall, the Green Love Potion is 18" tall, and towering over everything in the tent is Lucy #1, at an astonishing 48.5" tall. Lucy #1 for some unknown reason just outgrew all the others by lightyears. They are all growing at a good rate now that they have established into flower. I have a ton of pictures of those for you all!

My little girl out of my first three seeds (that feels like forever ago) is nearing harvest! She smells beautiful, she is strong, dense, and covered in crystals! BUDS :) got some great pictures of those too!

Once again sorry for the long delay, I will be better about posting!

Lucy #1

IMG_223410.jpg

Lucy #2

IMG_22357.jpg

Lucy #3

IMG_22368.jpg

Grow Tent - Flower wk2

IMG_223713.jpg

IMG_223810.jpg

BUDS - Plant #2

IMG_22437.jpg

IMG_22408.jpg

IMG_22417.jpg

IMG_22428.jpg

Lucy #1 is actually too tall for the tent now... (51") so I had to take the top of the tent off and hang the lights from the ceiling. This is a problem I did not anticipate having!!! But what a great problem to have! It has been growing at between .5-1.5" a day and today it really burst into flower. She's beautiful :) The GLP also had a landmark day and it is now showing its flowers, it is so symmetrical! I will get some more pictures up soon.

NICE Job Coloradical. She Looks Beautiful. Keep up the good work.

Sorry for the abandonment… Life and school is all I can say about that. However about the grow I can say a lot! :cheesygrinsmiley: First let me say the grow is complete and dank :) But I will tell the story of the grow to help other growers with similar problems and successes just as I intended at the beginning of this journey. The thrips made a miracle comeback that pissed me off beyond belief, so I returned to the ladybugs to keep it natural and once again they were a successful remedy. Another major issue that ultimately delayed my harvest 4 weeks was one of the people I had watching the plants for me bumped my timer giving the plants 20 hours of light a day much to my horror. I have no idea for how long that had been going on for but the plants began to reveg a little. The plants recovered from that and I experienced only a little fox tailing and some reveg mainly on the lower interior of all of the plants so I did not lose too much good bud. The pictures tell the story, Lucy #1 shined bright and saved my harvest amount. I harvested the plants Thanksgiving night with my brother and it took us 8 1/2 hours just to get the 3 smaller plants and about 70% of Lucy #1 trimmed up to hang, facing exhaustion we had to give up and over the next couple days it took us a few more hours to finish up. I have below a picture of the harvest (top 3 rows in order GLP, Lucy #3, Lucy #2, then Lucy #1 taking up the remainder) so you can get an idea of what that looks like. I saved all of the trim which I am going to make bubble hash with likely this weekend using the ice method, the sugar leaves were insanely covered and I am looking forward to seeing how much I can get out of it. I also threw all of the popcorn buds and reveged small buds (still completely covered in crystals) into the hash trim. Now for the important part… The harvest amounts! :tommy:

Green Love Potion: 15.4g

Lucy #3: 6g

Lucy #2: 14.8g

Lucy #1: 128.6g

Total: 158.7g = 5.67 oz

:woohoo:

Smoke Report:
The Green Love Potion smelled so strongly that I can describe it in a way only true stoners would understand, it smells so bad that it is the best smell you have ever whiffed. The strength of the smell is really overpowering and it transfers nicely into the smoke. The smoke is less flavorful than I would expect still, but the stone is incredible. It was an instantaneous head high followed by giggles (which I NEVER get anymore) which was a great surprise, and breathing it out through my nose produced the tingle/sneezy feeling I get when a bowl has extra keef added. To sum it up in one word I can describe this as DANK. I have planted my next small grow containing another GLP which I intend to clone and continue growing I like this strain so much.

The Lucy smells very strongly of sugar and fruit with a spiciness that stings the nose. The buds are literally covered in trichomes, it never gets old looking at, and it especially never gets old smoking. The stone is much more delayed than the GLP, it must have been about 10 minutes before I felt it kick in, however the stone is long lasting and I would describe it as creative, and peacefully euphoric. The tail end of the stone is definitely sedative and it is nice to smoke a couple hours before bed. The flavor is spicy and the fruit stays but the sugar flavor leaves fairly quickly in a bowl. The buds are so sticky, and I am overwhelmingly happy with the results of my first grow.

I learned so much through this process and learned so much in this very community, so I have to give a big thanks to all of you who helped me get a healthy start into growing cannabis. :thanks:
Like I said above I have started another grow this time in a better environment more in my control, and it is going even better than the first! Look for a journal on that in the near future ;) My third grow will be beginning sometime at the end of Jan.-beginning of Feb., probably a Sour Diesel, White Widow, Blue Dream grow, so look for that as well.

ENJOY THE PICTURES :party::party::party::party::party::party::bigtoke::bigtoke::bigtoke::bigtoke::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::green_heart::green_heart:

IMG_247711.jpg
IMG_24298.jpg
IMG_247913.jpg
IMG_249115.jpg
IMG_249512.jpg
IMG_249712.jpg
IMG_249911.jpg
IMG_250114.jpg
IMG_25327.jpg
IMG_253310.jpg
IMG_25349.JPG

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!

IMG_252112.jpg

nice harvest just a pity you couldnt raise the other plants closer to the light, your yield woulda been awesome, just some experience tho for next time mukker

Thanks for the update and for sharing your grow with us!
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :xmas:

Back
Top Bottom