First Grow: 4Bucket Hydro With Barney's Lucy

don't worry your temps are not that bad I have seem good buds grown at these temps.

if you don't want to spend the money on inline fans just do your homework on the strains you are doing, get air on the plants ,and try your best to get good ventilation.

if it becomes a problem you know though..

definitely wondering how you put them in there !

and some reps man !

As long as I am not looking at dying plants... All is good! I looked into a couple cheaper ways to keep the air moving, I am also going to change the 6hr dark to 12pm-6pm, the hottest part of the day. If the lights are off it should minimize the temps. I guess I will just keep my eye on it and if there are symptoms the reason will be clear.

The starter cubes are actually directly plantable into soil or DWC which made it insanely easy! I just partially filled the net baskets with clay, set the starter cube with the sapling in the middle, and gently filled it in.

Thank you for the reps! I read through your grow journal Legalised, feel the pain on not being able to get what you want for your grow right away! Also the outdoor grow interests me quite a bit, I will be following your thread closely!

As long as I am not looking at dying plants... All is good! I looked into a couple cheaper ways to keep the air moving, I am also going to change the 6hr dark to 12pm-6pm, the hottest part of the day. If the lights are off it should minimize the temps. I guess I will just keep my eye on it and if there are symptoms the reason will be clear.

The starter cubes are actually directly plantable into soil or DWC which made it insanely easy! I just partially filled the net baskets with clay, set the starter cube with the sapling in the middle, and gently filled it in.

Thank you for the reps! I read through your grow journal Legalised, feel the pain on not being able to get what you want for your grow right away! Also the outdoor grow interests me quite a bit, I will be following your thread closely!

glad for your taking an interest, and I also just have to relax and make sure im ready for the box before I even use it.
(buying all the stuff.) having it how I want. and I will probably learn a lot from now to that point where it will be that much better for me,
even though I have grown indoors before I admit I know very litte about my options with this box.

I can do so much and would hate to have It go to waste by doing something quick to get going when I don't need to rush,
and probably missing out on what will be a nice setup. so that's how I see it.

to afford everything I want it may be a ways off, but it will come together nicely.

Welcome coloradical,I don't now much about hydro but im thinking most of the same basic rules apply(as in soil).I think your off to amazing start.I think with the members i see that you have cheering for you that the end result will be awesome.:high-five:

Welcome coloradical,I don't now much about hydro but im thinking most of the same basic rules apply(as in soil).I think your off to amazing start.I think with the members i see that you have cheering for you that the end result will be awesome.:high-five:

Thanks! I think good things are on the way! I guess I had kind of hoped to simply avoid needing more powerful cooling methods, now that it is clear I will need them however they went to the top of my to do list. I am glad that I have a soil grow as well as a dwc going at the same time, I feel as though it is giving me a wider perspective on the science of growing, and an appreciation for those who are good at it!

Temps right now in the tent are at 84 degrees and there has been visible growth overnight in all of the saplings, things must be alright for now. Today is supposed to be 102 degrees... So I will be keeping a close eye on the thermometer.

Once again I have to say thanks for all the support so far!!!! :thumb:

I forgot to mention, today marks Plant #1's birthday! I have been looking eagerly for it to show its sex, but still there are no signs. I hope every time I look for white hairs though I will tell you that! It has by far been the healthiest of the three from the bag. It smells amazing as well, the sweetest most intoxicating odor. Sometimes I find I can't pull myself away from it haha :circle-of-love: The main stem is also about the thickness of a pencil, really a very stout plant. The secondary stems are exploding at an increasing rate, I think running it through longer dry cycles has helped a lot.

Plant #1 1 Month old

IMG_17169.jpg

Plant #1 1 Month old side

IMG_17179.jpg

Plant #1 1 Month old interior stems

IMG_17187.jpg

I can't wait! I never want to have to pay for it again.
I also have good news and bad news. The bad news is my fourth Lucy seed never sprouted and I'm giving up on her. I wanted to have four of one strain going originally but this opens up an interesting next option which leads me to the good news! I have (all fem) an afghan kush, auto trans Siberian, and Green Love Potion seed that can fill its place and make this grow a little more diverse! But I am having difficulty deciding which to put in with these Lucy girls, any opinions?

I am planting the Green Love Potion tonight! So I am hoping for a speedy germination and sprouting so it can catch up to the Lucy girls. I am excited to have a diversity of plants I think it adds a little more interest for me. If that was possible. I spent a good five hours today working on building a ventilation system that is proper with minimal cost. I have a 12V computer fan as my air out-take, I rigged ducting up into the attic to get the hot air out of the room. I did not feel the need to waste gas to get a 4"-6" converter at a store that was open (all others in the nearby area were closed, Sundays.) so I cut a milk jug and built it into a housing for the fan and connected the duct tube directly to it. Knowing how to get creative in these situations is beneficial! The thing works like a charm! Backed up by a larger fan aiding air towards the air-out duct and across the light. I will get a real converter soon, but the rigged one I have now immediately dropped the temperature by 3 degrees during peak day heat. I think I will call today a success!

Air Out Fan

IMG_172411.jpg

Air Out Duct to Attic

IMG_17197.JPG

Hey guys I was just reading this post and found it quite helpful I was wondering if I'd possibly be able to ask you guys for some help? Thanks. And your set up looks pretty cool. :)

Hey guys I was just reading this post and found it quite helpful I was wondering if I'd possibly be able to ask you guys for some help? Thanks. And your set up looks pretty cool. :)

I will definitely help you, and actually about to accept your friend request.

I am in the process of building a indoor box myself.

Appreciate the sub runewulf!

So the tent is still going smoothly, the Lucy girls are growing at a steady rate, especially Lucy plant #1. Temps are running a little high but not out of the acceptable range. I added a humidifier near the air intake tube which has helped. Other than that, things are quiet there!

I am getting a little over-anxious about the sex of my soil grow plants. Plant #1 is so strong and growing so healthy, if it were male I would be pretty sad to see it go. The plants 2 and 3 are growing at the exact same rate, it is pretty interesting to watch. I am thinking two more weeks of veg on those and then sending them into flower. It is maddening not knowing though, I like the peace of mind that comes with fem seeds.

Yeah, I have one seedling sitting in a hempy 2L like that... it's taken off enough I had to McGuyver more light for it a week adhead of schedule... luckily I hadn't assembled the last new lamp for the living room and had a spare 6500k CFL, lol :) Hopefully your strong grower stays female, but hey, if it is male, you have the option for seeds :) lemons/lemonade, ya know?

Oh yes, I have come to the conclusion I couldn't kill it if I wanted to, and it is a very good grower so breeding might make sense in this situation. IF that happens... If it is female, I expect it to be a good producer!

Way to make some "lemonade" with your spare living room light! Gotta do what you gotta do.

In that spirit I spent a good few hours working on cleaning out the buckets and switching out water and nutes. I was not happy with the way the water looked and a lot of sand and crumbled clay pieces had fallen to the bottom and mixed with the water, despite the fact I rinsed them before putting them into the system. Oh well. However now the water looks GREAT, 25% nutes. Still no roots from any basket.

The Green Love Potion seed has sprouted! It looks like a real winner so far, the seed was huge itself. It will be making the trip to the tent in a matter of days.

when cannabis is pollinated it stops producing THC and begins producing seeds. i would focus on either growing cannabis or making seeds. for your first grow i would focus on growing cannabis. you need a 6 inch inline fan to properly vent your heat from your tent.

https://www.google.com search 6 inch inline fan

I kind of have two first grows that are separate but one I guess, the three Barney's Lucy seeds and the Samsara Green Love Potion in the DWC and tent with 400W, and then the three unknown sex bag seeds I am doing in soil in the closet. I could do the seeding in my closet and leave the tent to do it's budding, a best of both worlds situation I think! But that is only if the large plant is male. If it is female all goes on according to plan, and it will bud clean and properly and I will enjoy every gram of bud off her :love:

I do need at the very least one four inch inline fan. I may be able to dispense my funds there after all, my vehicle registration was far cheaper than I expected, the full decision is yet to be made though on when.

Back
Top Bottom