First Grow CFL Soil

DarkYggdrasil

Bagseed, OC veg & flower in Expert potting soil, 2 42 watt CFLs

It's just in a cup with soil (no OC yet) I mixed up a batch into my next transplant, had to transplant it already, dumb mistake, hopefully none of those again, but who knows....

:peace:

Been gone for awhile, she has grown good, got out of the habit of watering too much, transplanted her into a 1 gallon pot, she seems to have bounced back from the rough transplant I need a better way to do that. I have pictures, but they are old, I'll prolly just take pictures along the way and show them at the end....I wonder if anyone is going to read this journal...

I'm reading Darky!but it would be nice if you add some pics along the way.Would like to see you grow box.or is it gonna be an open grow?post some more info please...

I'll be watching bro...

I agree up in smoke, you need to add pics so people can have a better understanding of your setup and take pic of your sprouts :)

In the beginning
IMAGE_0022.jpg

and then
IMAGE_0041.jpg

the set up, my lights were WAY too close I realized, she went through a rough period then too...
IMAGE_006.jpg

Side view, leaves look sad...
IMAGE_0081.jpg

The final setup
IMAGE_007.jpg

I like this one
IMAGE_0101.jpg

Overhead
IMAGE_009.jpg

There you guys go, thanks for reading Hope you guys aren't disappointed I guess

:peace:

Much better Dark!Good to see the plant doing much better on the bottom pics after moving the light further away!

I'm holding thumbs that she's a girl...coz you said your using bagseed.So there's a good chance that your gonna veg for a couple weeks and find out it's a male and all your hard work will have to start over!I suggest you plant another 2 or 3 of those seeds, just to be sure you've got at least 1 female.even if your box is going to be a bit crampped, you can just remove the unwanted plants when they're sexed.

Does that make sense to you?I'm pretty goofed right now!

grats on the growth bro..

Took me a while to track down daylight bulbs in my area too... they are defiantly worth the work trying to find them as your plant will shoot.

Up In Smoke makes a good point..dont put your all your eggs in one basket.

grats on the growth bro..

Took me a while to track down daylight bulbs in my area too... they are defiantly worth the work trying to find them as your plant will shoot.

Up In Smoke makes a good point..dont put your all your eggs in one basket.

What are these "daylight bulbs" you mention.Is it just another name for the Cool White cfl's?

IMAGE_011_1_.jpg

IMAGE_012_1_.jpg

IMAGE_013_1_.jpg

IMAGE_014_1_.jpg

Decided to raise the lights, venturing out today to find those 6500k lights, started germming some back up seed, but ironically can't find many, Heading back to school tomorrow tho so maybe I'll find some amongst the masses, hopefully.

Found 6500k only problem is I have to compromise my wattage by almost 50% to create lighting variety, although I think I may have gone overboard anyways with my first choices...2 42 watt 2700k vs 2 26 watt 1 2700k 1 6500 k + extra space for extra plant(s)?

Decided to raise the lights, venturing out today to find those 6500k lights, started germming some back up seed, but ironically can't find many, Heading back to school tomorrow tho so maybe I'll find some amongst the masses, hopefully.[/QUOTE]

LMAO!Yup, when you don't want the seeds, your bag is always full of them.When you do, they're nowhere!

I think 3 or 4 seeds should be enough.How many backup seeds you gonna plant Dark?

Found 6500k only problem is I have to compromise my wattage by almost 50% to create lighting variety, although I think I may have gone overboard anyways with my first choices...2 42 watt 2700k vs 2 26 watt 1 2700k 1 6500 k + extra space for extra plant(s)?

Jeez that's a tough decision.What about a 42w bulb + 26w 6500k?Cos you really need 6500k lights for veg.

If you veg under those 42w 2700k lights only I think the plants will grow VERY slowly!

Even so I think you're lighting setup still suffers from too little lumens.

But I hope I'm wrong...

That cfl light tutorial is a bit long if you don't like reading but it's definately worth the time.
If you read it AND UNDERSTAND IT them you basically know almost everything there is to know about cfl's!

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom