First grow day 43 veg thinking about flipping?

tallboy2023

This is my first grow. White Widow, AK47, and Bubblegum. Thinking about flipping in a couple weeks. Anything special I should be doing leading up to the flip?

CE77C3C0-6FB6-43A0-B1DA-C50118544CDA.jpeg

6ABB01E2-4E44-4157-A2DA-C5F3807A15DF.png

Looks great, really nice.

Yes bone up on your IPM to make sure you are pest free.

Do you have any nutes on hand?

only other thing I see and you prolly shouldn’t monkey with it now any but it looks like your plant is growing in a bowl where’s there’s not much air flow… next time fill your buckets very near the top, it’s more dirt for her to munch on and less wasted space, plus it facilitates having a fan moving air near the soil line which deters flying critters like fungus gnats

Welcome aboard Tallboy

Looks great, really nice.

Yes bone up on your IPM to make sure you are pest free.

Do you have any nutes on hand?

only other thing I see and you prolly shouldn’t monkey with it now any but it looks like your plant is growing in a bowl where’s there’s not much air flow… next time fill your buckets very near the top, it’s more dirt for her to much on and less wasted bucket space, plus it facilitates having a fan moving air near the soil line which deters flying critters like fungus gnats

Welcome aboard Tallboy
Totally agree! A friend told me to fill the buckets 3/4 of the way. Not great advice 🙄 Tough to access the lower growth and I've had to really work at opening up the center to get airflow in there. It's working out fine, but they'll be full next time. I'm using the Advanced Nutrients 3 part system plus Cal Mag. Tablespoon of each per gallon.

This is my first grow. White Widow, AK47, and Bubblegum. Thinking about flipping in a couple weeks. Anything special I should be doing leading up to the flip?

CE77C3C0-6FB6-43A0-B1DA-C50118544CDA.jpeg

6ABB01E2-4E44-4157-A2DA-C5F3807A15DF.png
Nice looking plants there buddy!! Good job! If I were to suggest anything it would be chop all the lower insignificant larfy lower shoots off as @013 stated! Since you plan to flip in about 2 weeks, that will giver her ample time to recover from the stress of a lollipoping. Not sure of your nutrients or schedule for them, but give her a little extra dose of nitrogen right before you flip to 12/12 as she will rapidly consume it during the fast growing of the pre flower stretch! Good luck on flowering. Keep us updated, I see good things in about 8-10 weeks!! :goodjob::passitleft:

Nice healthy looking plants. Not bad at all for a first time grow.

We are headed to Europe in late June so I kind of need everything buttoned up by then. Want to give myself a little wiggle room too. Are there things I should do prior to flipping? Defoliate, etc? I've been doing LST, supercropping, etc. Seems to be paying off 👍🏼
Ah, the life of a farmer. Gotta plan around the life of the plants since they will not plan around our schedules. Definitely leave some wiggle room in the time it will take to finish the growing. Then add in for the harvest, the drying and the curing.

Harvests have a tendency to take a bit longer than anticipated, either in hours to an extra day. Drying can run between five and 15 days depending on the method.

And after all that work you do not want to leave the harvest waiting for you to come back while it is in the curing stage. Unless you are coming back in several days or have someone that knows how you want to cure the buds you will need to have that stage finished.

In your other thread you asked about doing a net for your plants. I can see a couple of downside points. The plants are two different sizes so trying to do a net that will handle all of them will be difficult. Then there is some time needed to get the stems bent and trained. One thing about those nets is that most growers build one net that is fastened at the tent corners.. Once the plant's stems are trained and start to grow into the net it becomes about impossible to pull one plant out if something comes up. It makes it harder to work with the plants in the back if something involving pro-active spraying for pest insects, mildews etc is needed. Or harder to work on the back plants when or if the time comes for removing leaves or small stems that are under the canopy.

Probably best to continue as it is now with 4 individual plants.

Might want to ask a moderator to merge your two threads on these plants. That way you can keep all the photos and comments on this grow together in one spot.

How long after a slight defoliation should I wait to flip the plants to flower?
I always defoliate 2 weeks before I flip to 12/12 flower stage. Just to give her ample time to heal from previous defol. But I also have done a trim and defoliate 7 days prior to a flower stage lighting. With no problem. Basically let her heal up for 10-12 days after defoliate before flippin her! Hope that helps ya Buddy!

A friend told me to fill the buckets 3/4 of the way. Not great advice

I fill mine 3/4 of the way or 2 inches from the top, whichever is less. However I do this because I mulch the top of my containers and use soil. If you’re not mulching you wanna fill all the way to the top.

Back
Top Bottom