First grow from the north east.

DreaminOfBuds

Hello everyone,
I've started my first grow and I think it's time I asked for help and advice. Where do I start, I know lets take a bud break!!! :bongrip: Ok know I'm ready. My grow started 30 to 35 days ago depending on germination. I have a 4'x4'x7' grow tent with a 600wt Mh, Hps light, vented and 12" from plants, a fan and a heater for the cool dark periods all set with timers. Right now I'm on 20-4 light schedule and using regular tap water in 5 gallon buckets, letting them set to lose some of the chemicals added to the water. I'm using Jacks classic 20-20-20 w/ micro-nutrients at 1/2 rate every other watering, I'm letting them almost dry out before watering. Ph is 6 and temps are 75-80 day and 60-65 night. Bud break! :bongrip: All Better now! They were started in 5.5" pots and transplanted to 3.5 gal buckets 3 days ago, I also used a root and grow solution for the roots to help prevent shock, I'm using a Scotts moisture control soil and added perilite. I think that is all the basics.
I'm attempting to grow Bubble Gum, Big Bud, Northern Lights and Crystal. I had the seeds and new I would at most get 1/2 females, at least hoping :yummy: and wanted to see which types would be the easiest with the best yield and smoke so why not. Some are doing very well and some not so hot. So here we goa dn any advice would be greatly appreciated. Bud Break :Rasta:.

Here is a pic of grow room.
Grow_Room_11.jpg

Say high to Bubble gum, She I hope, is 18" tall, 35 days old with lateral shoots every where, in preflower now. She looks really good and the smell, wow but lower fan leaves are getting lighter in the veins an dying off.

Bubble_Gum_31.jpg

BG_Leaf_1.jpg

Say high to Bubble Gum 2, She I hope is 33 days old, 15" tall in preflower now, lateral shoots everywhere and smells so yummy. She is doing very well I think with the same lower fan leaf color change and dying.

Bubble_Gum_22.jpg

BG_Leaf_1.jpg

Say High to Northern Lights, She I hope is 12" tall and 30 days old, no preflower, any day now and the smell, sweet. She is doing as well if not better than BG. Nothing more than a little browing and or curling on the tips.

Northern_Lights_1.jpg

Now for my not so pretty plants, each of these last are the same age 30 days and are still in their first pot.
Northern lights 2, 6" tall

Northern_Lights_2.jpg

Big Bud

Big_Bud_11.jpg

Big_Bud7.jpg

Crystal 4"tall

Crystal2.jpg

I'm waiting for NL to preflower and then was thinking about going to 14-10 hps for a week and then 12-12, I have Jacks classic 10-30-20 for flowering and a standby of 0-45-0 for late stages.

Any help please,
DreaminOfBuds:popcorn:

Looks like the smaller plants with crispy edges were nute burned. I would cut back on nutes to 1/4 and slowly go up week by week.

In soil your pH should be 6.5 plus or minus .2. 6.0 is too low in soil.

20-20-20 general fert is not a good fert for cannabis. maybe look into more designer nutes like fox farm grow big 6-4-4 and tiger bloom 2-8-4 or something similar?

Hey McBudz,

Thanks for the reply, I will take the smaller plants off nutes for a week or so to detox them and will look for some fert., I do have a 3-10-3 if it is a lower NPK is what we are looking for and will get some soil acidifier to raise the ph. This is my first grow and now you know why I asked for help and could kick my self in the butt for not asking sooner.
Update on my Northern lights 1, when I checked my babies this morning she was showing preflower now and it's a little ball with 2 white hairs standing tall. I don't want to get too excited yet as it is a preflower and doodoo occours.
Now that I have my 3 larger plants in preflower when should I reduce lighting times and is the fert. I have for flowering 10-30-20 bad or should I use something different and I also have a 0-45-0.

Again thanks for the help
DreaminOfBuds

get a digital pH meter like the milwaukee pH600 its only $20 bucks or so and will save you a ton of grief.

Hey McBudz,

Thanks for the reply, I will take the smaller plants off nutes for a week or so to detox them and will look for some fert., I do have a 3-10-3 if it is a lower NPK is what we are looking for and will get some soil acidifier to raise the ph. This is my first grow and now you know why I asked for help and could kick my self in the butt for not asking sooner.
Update on my Northern lights 1, when I checked my babies this morning she was showing preflower now and it's a little ball with 2 white hairs standing tall. I don't want to get too excited yet as it is a preflower and doodoo occours.
Now that I have my 3 larger plants in preflower when should I reduce lighting times and is the fert. I have for flowering 10-30-20 bad or should I use something different and I also have a 0-45-0.

Again thanks for the help
DreaminOfBuds

Update of my grow

Hello everyone, I hope you are having as much fun as I am. It's been 10 days now since the last update and time to let everyone know what's happening here. I took McBudz advice :thanks: and now have a digital ph meter and fox farm nutrients, all 3, trust me a big difference and can see results.
OK here we go, my grow is up to 45 days old and doing much better, I have raised soil PH on the big plants to 6.4 and rising, I am using the fox farm on the big plants at 1/2 rate every other feeding they are now 2+ feet tall and growing and they have been on a 12-12 light schedule for 3 days. Northern Lights is, I'm sure, a female as there are little white hairs showing, yummy, and I'm starting to think my 2 Bubble Gum are males as there is a little pod with no hairs at the nodes but only one pod per node so waiting and hoping, if one is a male I will let it flower outside and collect the pollen. I have taken 6 cuttings off NL and one off each BG. I have started a little grow room for the cutting and the smaller plants I'm nursing. The same smaller plants are having trouble getting up there, 6.2 but working on it and I'm about ready to transplant thee and see if that will help, they have been on straight water for about 10 days now and seeing improvement over the nutrient burn. They are about 12" tall now with lateral shoots coming on but no preflower.
Here are some updated pics for your enjoyment and for me to show off my progress.

Northern Lights
northern_lights_45_days.jpg

Bubble Gum 1
bubblegum1_40_days.jpg

Bubble Gum 2
bubble_gum_2_45_days.jpg

Grow room 12-12 light 3 days
grow_room_10-4.jpg

Cuttings and nursing plants
Cuttings_1.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at my grow, I will update again in about a week to 10 days and let me know what you think or any advice.
DreaminOfBuds

Back
Top Bottom