First grow getting excited

Monstacrop83

420 Member
Hey team.
First time growing, decided to invest in some gear because I'm sick and tired of buying buds. I think I've grown enough to last me a few years :lot-o-toke:

mighty might strain, week 6 of flower 2 x plants under 2 x 600w hps. Growing in autopots with canna Coco and cana nutes, just started on van de swan top shooter.

From what I have seen they are looking pretty good and I am getting really excited.

Attachments

• DSC_0777.JPG
    DSC_0777.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • DSC_0778.JPG
    DSC_0778.JPG
    884.4 KB · Views: 79
Welcome to the forum! Hope you start a grow journal for your next crop :)

It's a magical plant to grow, isn't it? I could just stand in that tent and look at those plants for hours at a time.

Thanks brah.

It is indeed!! I spend more time talking to my new girlfriends than I do my wife..... I'm sure she understands

Yes my next crop a grow journal is definitely on the cards. I'll check out some of the others on here so I can get a feel for it.

Hey team.

Welcome to the dark GREEN side (and my favorite cannabis-related forum ;) ) - we have cookies contests :D . And it won't be long until you're eligible to vote in and enter them. From your pictures, I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to be a contender in one or more of them.

The stickied Helpful Links For New Members thread in this section contains links to some useful information such as a guide on uploading and using photos, a (large) general cannabis growing guide, a guide for those seeking help in diagnosing an issue with their plant(s) and correcting same, one explaining how to create a .SIG ("signature" that appears at the bottom of your posts), a thread showing how to create a grow journal thread, et cetera, so I won't bother posting them individually for you - but here's a link to our monthly contests section, in which you can look at some nice buds and plants, see the user names of some of our helpful members, and generally partake of some nice eye candy:

Enjoy your time here, and if you need help with something, feel free to ask.

Hey team.
First time growing, decided to invest in some gear because I'm sick and tired of buying buds. I think I've grown enough to last me a few years :lot-o-toke:

mighty might strain, week 6 of flower 2 x plants under 2 x 600w hps. Growing in autopots with canna Coco and cana nutes, just started on van de swan top shooter.

From what I have seen they are looking pretty good and I am getting really excited.
They are just lovely!

Wow, im into my first grow and I'm pretty sure my tent won't look that special in flower.
Well done sir.

Thank you sir (tips hat).

I was fortunate enough to source a couple of monster crop clones, have you heard of this? Basically, cuttings taken from a flowering plant, forced back into vege (don't ask me how) and then put through a normal grow cycle. All those heads and no topping, fimming just maximizing the space via SCROGing.

I'm also lucky enough to be getting occasional advice from a relatively experienced grower, which always help.

Welcome Monsta, you have a fantastic grow going on there! Have you started to figure how to wash, dry, and cure?

Hi stoneotter.

Yes. Currently researching many forums and YouTube vids to try and come to general consensus on the best methods.

I have a relatively experienced grower helping me, but I also like to try and figure out my own methods so I'm not just blindly following someone's advice.

Do you have a good resource? Any advice?

Welcome Monsta, you have a fantastic grow going on there! Have you started to figure how to wash, dry, and cure?
wash? your weed?
is that a thing people do?

Hi stoneotter.

Yes. Currently researching many forums and YouTube vids to try and come to general consensus on the best methods.

I have a relatively experienced grower helping me, but I also like to try and figure out my own methods so I'm not just blindly following someone's advice.

Do you have a good resource? Any advice?
That's good. It helps to have someone on your team. I have a small room I have a humidifier and a dehumidifier to use in. The rh I try to keep is around 60% in the room. In about 5 to 7 days the bud feels crispy in my fingers and has shrunken a lot. That's when I take them off the stems and into a turkey cooking bag sealed up with a hygrometer in it looking for 58%. If it's high, open the bag in a place where the rh is lower for a while. It won't be lower than 60%. Some folks like 62%. If the rh is good, I can seal them up in ball jars with 58% boveda pacs, or draw a vacuum with the food processor and just seal them up.
Check out Low and Slow drying in the fridge. It sounds better for preserving terpenes. I have no option for that now.

wash? your weed?
is that a thing people do?
Haha! Oh yes. Doc Bud started washing and it snowballed into a good and optional thing. It can wash off many unwanted things especially in an outdoor grow. Some folks say it makes for a better dry and cure. I do wash my outdoor bud religiously and indoor I do but aren't as enthused. Some pretty nasty gunk washes into the water mix. The wash can kill some leaf molds and make it safer to consume too.

A guy I know does this. His plants are bushy AF!

And the best thing... it is honestly so easy to achieve once you have the clones.

I had never in my life seen with my own eyes a plant in flower..... And now I have this.
Coupled with the auto pots and my reservoir, they are basicly hands off.
SCROGing and feed changes are the two major tasks involved. I could literally leave them for a week, where I game to try.

Back
Top Bottom