First Grow & Going Very Well!

micaregiver78

I'm new to the forum, and was told I could Journal here. Hoping to get some feedback and tips on what i'm doing wrong and what I can do differently to keep my green kids healthy.

Currently in week 10 of veg, have 4(four) 3ft chem dawg/ og kush getting bigger every day. about 2 weeks ago we took 10 clones from all 4 plants, we had 5 survive. We just transplanted them into solo cups on this past Sunday, 5/5/13 and they are in the grow room with the other 4. We are at 2 tsps of nutrients per gallon of water and using about 1/2 gallon of water per plant every other day.

Out of the 6 seeds we germinated, we ended up with 1 male which we moved away from the females and put in his own grow area in a closet.

I have done a little research but i'm looking for tips and tricks on how exactly to harvest the pollen sacks on my male. I named him Tom 2 Toke. lol

Going to try and include recent pics that I took the other day. :cheer:

week_5_4_1.jpg

re: First Grow & Going Very Well!

Ok that worked except those are week 5 pics......:oops:

I will get more pics later for y'all to see!!

The forums are a little tricky, just take time you will get used to everything. Congrats on starting your journal! I was too scared to keep a male around all my pretty flowers, good job on keeping him secure! Can't wait to see some currents :thumb: -CA215

Week 10 almost in the books!! The ladies are looking B-E-A-UTIFUL!! Having to start watering or at least checking them everyday. 2 of my girls are at almost 3ft tall!! My little lady well she was a late germinator but she is holding her own at 28 inches, but she is really bushy! The 5 clones that made it, 2 are not looking so good. May end up with only 3, this saddens my face! Hopefully the 2 will bounce back here soon, if not well then 3 it is! I did Take more pictures for y'all to see. These are some very stinky ladies and they are NOT flowering as of yet. Probably gonna be really smelly once that starts!!! :rollit: :yummy:

In week 10 of grow, the clones that we took 2 weeks ago yesterday are not looking very well, leaves are yellowing and becoming crisp. Got some advise from our local pro's and I need to give the little girl the same water I give their mothers. So hopfully after a week they will bounce back. It is very discouraging and frustrating, hopefully they will survive. If not well then I will just germinate some more seeds that I have and try again. By the end of the month we will be putting our ladies into flowering and should be able to harvest by the end of July, beginning of August! We are going for a harvest every 2 months as long as everything keeps going well. My #1 lady is at 42 inches tall, #2 at 40 inches, #3 at 38 inches, and #4 is at 36 inches. She was a late sprout-er but she is growing more wide than tall. She (#4) is at about 3 foot wide and 36 inches tall. I will be taking new pictures this weekend. fingers crossed going to go medicate was out running errands and it took a lot outta me and I'm hurting! Have a great week everyone!!

:thanks: :circle-of-love: :morenutes: ;)

On the clones, the yellowing and crispy edges can mean they are working on their roots, could be a good sign :Namaste: I totally understand where you are coming from on the frustrating part.. in the same boat, it will all pan out i'm sure of it MI! Are planning on flowering the mothers as well and keeping the clones in her place? Can't wait to see an update, all looks well over here MI, have a great day. :peace: CA215

Well I have had a very busy last few weeks!! Sorry I haven't had a chance to get new pics up here. last week Monday 5/20/13 we flipped the girls into flower, but before we did that we took 10 more clones since only 2 of the 10 we took last time made it. Of the 10 we took 9 have rooted very well. We just transferred them from the humidity dome to solo cups this past Monday 5/27/13. Since putting the girls into flower, they are doing very well. The first week they really shot up in height my light is currently on the ceiling in my room and they are just about to the ceiling!! Think we wait a little to long to flower......... :helpsmilie: Really hope to get close to an oz per plant, maybe less from the 1 smaller one, but she is a huge bush!!!! I will be posting new pics for all to see!! Have a awesome day!!!:Namaste:

:yummy: :yummy:

Subscribed.

Those two plant varieties should double during the flowering stage. So if they started out at 40" when placed into flowering - they should end up somewhere close to 80" by the end.

Though I admit that I don't have much experience vegging plants for this long - it is possible that the longer you veg, the less stretch you will get during flowering. I believe that I read that somewhere... but could not find any sources this morning.

And one other comment. It is typical (but not guaranteed!) that the longer you veg, the higher the yield. With a ten week vegging period - I would set my sights on more than an ounce per plant. But this also depends on lighting and environment - the more light and the more suitable the environment, the higher the yield.

Our flowering room is a 14ft X 6ft room, with 2 bulb T12 for supplemental light and a 400 HPS and 600 HPS on 4 plants or Chem Dog X OG Kush. We have really like 4 rooms, 2 true rooms just for the plants, 1 being a veg room and the other a flowering room. Plus 2 of our closets, 1 for clones/seedlings and one for the only male plant, wanting to harvest his pollen saks for keeping this strain going.

I really appreciate all the advise and input I am getting for all you members, it helps alot along with our process of elimination with what works and what don't.

Make me feel good I can put out there what is going on with my grow and get feedback!!! Thanks so much y'all!! Keep it green!!:Namaste:

:thanks: :yummy:

We are starting week 3 of flowering today!! my girls are huge!! (note to self, make sure to flower sooner) currently my big girls are at 5'10 and are starting to get crystallized hairs on the colas, well where the colas will form. Finally got our veg room set-up and running, currently have the 10 clones in there. 2 of which are a bit farther along than the other 8. But I will start flowering them at 3-3.5ft. have pics of the clones will post up here for all to see. Just topped the 2 bigger clones, that way they stay short and fat like 1 that is currently flowering. Will be harvesting the end of July, can't wait to see how it will turn out. Getting pretty impatient!

:Namaste:

:woohoo:

Sounds like you are taking care of some monsters!! Can't wait to see how big they have gotten! Will be around for an update :blunt: Did you take half/half the strains for clones for the next go about? Keep up the great growin'.

:peace: CA215

Just started our 4th week of flowering. My monsters are HUGE!!! Over 6 ft high and won't stop reaching for the light. Have installed 2-4ft T12's for more light for the ladies. We have had to tie down some of the really tall limbs because they where getting burnt by the lights. August can't get here fast enough!! Here is a picture I was able to get last week on Wednesday of the first starting of bud!! Now almost all of them look like this!!!

IMG_20130613_183417-2005379849.jpg

We are almost to week 10 of flowering. Had one of the girls go Hermie on us so it looks like we may end up with a few seeds. Other than that getting very excited for the harvest!!! 2 of my 3 ladies are a little behind but that's just fine! I will be posting new pictures of my beautiful colas that have formed!!!

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom