First grow - How do they look? Help please

ybtk

Hey guys new to the forum and this is my first grow I'm curious as to how they look so far to any experienced growers, any tips etc? I'm on week 2 since the baby leaves popped up. Also has anyone used a high powered led uv black light during a grow, any benefits?
d47cee3317360c6c63315cd1c6d125b6.jpg
dba78d5a43f0f7b2c2cc2a6c9d900e6c.jpg
20a3dd00a66bf9e3584ce98df7451217.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Nice...looks like your off to a good start. Green and healthy. Are those regular seed or the feminized kind? Also, what strain are they? Thanks for sharing your grow.

Regular seeds passed down to me from an outdoor grow, unsure of the strain to be honest but I have brought them to the indoors

More info: using miracle grow soil (heard the rumours already) and I'm letting the soil dry out before watering as well as putting a fan on them every half light cycle. Watering with boiled tap water mixed in 1 tablespoon baking soda and every second week I will be adding 1 teaspoon miracle grow plant nutrients to 1 gallon of the boiled water

I would skip the baking soda. Grab a ph tester. Baking soda is very alkaline and most tap water is as well so you will run into trouble with ph eventually I suspect.

Definitely grab a ph tester(since you're using soil, you could get away with the drops).
Miracle gro, I know you've heard it, be VERY careful. It's meant for roses; which isn't anywhere near the ball park of the girls we're growing.

Don't feed until they show any signs of deficiency(and what out for nute burn from the soil alone), I'd say at least 3 weeks or so before introducing any kind of base nutes, and at a very light 1/2 recco dose, at that.

Cheers, I hope they turn out to be girls! :D:welcome:

Hey guys new to the forum and this is my first grow I'm curious as to how they look so far to any experienced growers, any tips etc? I'm on week 2 since the baby leaves popped up. Also has anyone used a high powered led uv black light during a grow, any benefits?
d47cee3317360c6c63315cd1c6d125b6.jpg
dba78d5a43f0f7b2c2cc2a6c9d900e6c.jpg
20a3dd00a66bf9e3584ce98df7451217.jpg

Is that a twin growing there??
That's hilarious.

It is, lol do you think it is worth keeping if both are female? How will it effect the grow

Definitely. they're extremely interesting. They typically come from hybrid plants, and a number of different things can happen.
The most anticipated, is that each of the parent plants used to condone the hybrid, will grow into their respective plant.
Or any number of those alternatives.

Keep it, grow it out, be amazed. It won't do any harm.

Definitely. they're extremely interesting. They typically come from hybrid plants, and a number of different things can happen.
The most anticipated, is that each of the parent plants used to condone the hybrid, will grow into their respective plant.
Or any number of those alternatives.

Keep it, grow it out, be amazed. It won't do any harm.

Haha I'll keep you guys updated on that particular pot! Cheers!

My girls have really taken off the last few days!
Feel free to stop by and grab a bean bag chair!

Really looking forward to seeing the twin develop.

On a side note, have you thought about taking clones from them once they veg out a bit and flowering them to determine whether or not they're female?

My girls have really taken off the last few days!
Feel free to stop by and grab a bean bag chair!

Really looking forward to seeing the twin develop.

On a side note, have you thought about taking clones from them once they veg out a bit and flowering them to determine whether or not they're female?

No I haven't but that's not a bad idea! How long does it take to tell a plants gender from seed? Twins are doing really well too! They seem to be some of the healthiest plants I have lol
492a1138c1b32be19237dbe15b0175ec.jpg

Generally 1-3 weeks after you switch your lights to 12/12, is when you get pre-flowers, and you can sex them at that point.

And sense clones from one plant are going to be exact copies of that plant, you can tell from the clone whether or not the plant is a girl.

Cheers!

TWIN UPDATE: .

Here she is! Still doing great! Despite a recent SPIDERMITE attack she seemed to have pulled through!
619c1e916f75fcf8a8854fb40608de32.jpg

I know this is a bit late but i wanted to add that when it comes to using black lights it doesn't do alot or anything really. Something i have wanted to play around with is using reptile lamps, supposedly uv-b is supposed to increase the trichome production in flowering. From all ive read on the subject it seems that its supposed to be like how the afghans grow up in the mountains and there is higher amounts of uv-b up there thus forcing the plant to protect itself by making more trichomes, and as most people know Afghanistan makes alot of hash lol. Anyways to recap uv-b reptile lamps may or may not increase trichome production since it seems to be theory rather then fact and as for black lights don't really do anything from what all ive read on the topic. Good vibes your way!

I know this is a bit late but i wanted to add that when it comes to using black lights it doesn't do alot or anything really. Something i have wanted to play around with is using reptile lamps, supposedly uv-b is supposed to increase the trichome production in flowering. From all ive read on the subject it seems that its supposed to be like how the afghans grow up in the mountains and there is higher amounts of uv-b up there thus forcing the plant to protect itself by making more trichomes, and as most people know Afghanistan makes alot of hash lol. Anyways to recap uv-b reptile lamps may or may not increase trichome production since it seems to be theory rather then fact and as for black lights don't really do anything from what all ive read on the topic. Good vibes your way!

Although this is true information, I don't believe OP is using black lights.

Although this is true information, I don't believe OP is using black lights.

It was in the last line before the pictures he said a "high powered led black light"

It was in the last line before the pictures he said a "high powered led black light"
I see it now.

Yeah, definitely not a good idea OP

Back
Top Bottom