First Grow Journal - Advice Welcome

Mrfixit3510

Hey everyone.
started my first grow July 15 /15
started 5 ice wreck using wet paper towel 5 germinated. planted in 5 inch pots of high quality potting soil (threw out bag) I forget the name.
was not watching PH when I tested it was 8.8 brought back down with vinegar to 6.5.
I added more vermiculite to help drainage.
I use a moisture meter to not over water
I started with a 10/15/10 liquid plant food 75% strenth.The bottom leaves started to turn color and fall off.
Aug 17 started 5 Crown royal. only 2 sprouted transplanted in to 5 inch pots with the same soil. Now leaves also falling off??
mixture of cool white and warm white total of 10 23W CFL bulbs. ranging from 8 inches to 13 inches above plants
30 deg C 40% humidity.
changed to 20/20/20 powdered plant food 75%strength .Im
IMG_152422.JPG
IMG_152321.JPG
IMG_152224.JPG
IMG_152023.JPG
IMG_152116.JPG

getting very worried. Please HELP
I will apreciate any help or feed back.
What are the best nuts to order off of amazon??

Looks like magnesium deficiency. Get yourself some CalMag and it should fix you up. Or some Epsom salts will be faster if you've gotta order it. You can find them in the pharmacy section. 1-2 tbs per gallon.

For nutes to use, most prefer a three part nute regiment. Any brand with grow micro bloom bottles.

Hi MrFixIt!

Isn't the first grow fun? So much to discover and learn!

Although I'm still working away at my first grow as well, I think that I can offer some advice that may be useful to you.

From what I've read about CFL's (I was considering using them so did a bunch of research), they need to be very close to the plants as their effective light only travels a very short distance (for photosynthesis) and they don't really penetrate the canopy very far. I'd suggest keeping them no further than 6 inches from the plant but no closer than about 3-3.5 inches. I think that this is evidenced by the height and spacing of the nodes.

The fertilizer that you're using seems quite potent and leveled out between NPK, vegging plants want a fair amount of N and PK should be lower. I'd really suggest that you greatly dilute your mixture into the water (much less fertilizer than what the package suggests), and then very slowly work it up over time to see what your plants like.

From my experience with Crown Royale, they seem to like pH of 6.0-6.3 the best. They are kind of fussy about nutes and pH which makes it a bit difficult but they also bounce back quite well. I wish I knew about the nutes that you use and could be more helpful but you can never go wrong with too little nutes and then slowly work it up more.

As ATulip said, it looks like a magnesium deficiency but I wouldn't stress too much about the growth rate, she'll get big fast when you flip her over to flowering light cycle and nute mix!

If you don't already have it in place, I'd also really suggest getting a fan to blow across them, it'll help fatten up the stems as well as help feed them more oxygen. Air movement will also greatly help in reducing bad things like moisture and eventually leading to ugly things like bud rot/mold.

Good luck man, I'm going to subscribe and tag along!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom