First Grow, Need Some Help

mzblaze229

420 Member
Hello!!

This is my first grow and for the most part, things are going well.. I planted 8 seeds and four of them have sprouted. Hey, I am happy about that. But I am having an issue with one of them. He only sprouted his first two leaves and then stopped growing. My other three plants have between 4-12 leaves already. What should I do about him. Should I maybe trim him down? Will he grow back if I do that?

Grow Room Information:

Strain: Not sure, Didn't want to use my good seeds for a first grow. Found a couple of seeds in some good green I was smoking.
Type: Soil
Lights: CFL 6500K 2000 lumens
Humidity: 50%
Temp: 80 degrees

Grow Room
Light is about 2 in away from tops of plants
All my plants have very strong roots now. I was using the forks to help stand them up at one point but after about a day or so they were standing on their own. I will probably take the forks away in a day or so.

IMG_20110819_125341.jpg

6 days

IMG_20110819_125357.jpg

IMG_20110819_125349.jpg

8 days

IMG_20110821_110202.jpg

IMG_20110821_110053.jpg

IMG_20110821_123358.jpg

IMG_20110821_123350.jpg

IMG_20110821_123326.jpg

IMG_20110821_123306.jpg

IMG_20110821_123246.jpg

IMG_20110821_123406.jpg

IMG_20110821_123350.jpg

In the pics, see the one that only has two leaves. What should I do about that one?

I can not say for sure about the runt it may pull out of it. I would however lower your lights if they are CFL's to about 2 to 3 inches from the top of the plants. Also get that fan you have blowing over the top of them to help strengthen them, maybe add more soil to your cups.

whats good MB!!!

well, lets start off with :welcome: to the :420: community!!! now, about your plants, firstly, lets never ever ever... call it a him!!! thats jus bad jujus!!! you always want them to hear you call them girls!!! cus thats what you want!! next, your going to need more lights!!! what is the wattage of that bulb? looks like a 19 watt??? anyways, I have currently 208 watts of CFL going over 3 plants wrapped with Panda Film!!! the foil is a good sub, but your going to want to get some mylar, foil is only 58% reflectivity, mylar and or panda film is 90% reflective. also more info about your soil would be much appreciated. also add more soil so that the stems can support the top growth!!! with CFL lights you want them as close as possible without burning the leaves and you need them touching them in order for that to happen. the fan should be hitting them a little more so that way the wind makes the stem get stronger as it will need to be for when you move to flower!!!

please feel free to stop in on my journals, if you have any other questions!!! I am subbing to yours as well!!! look forward to a happy grow with you!!!

:peacetwo:

Welcome to 420!

That sprout looks familiar. Looks like the top did not show, and left with the two first leafs. It's a bad seed. You can try to veg them a week longer to see if the top is arriving later, if not go ahead and dump it out and keep the rest going. For CFL as HomeMedGrower mentioned keep the light close to the youngsters. They are stretching quite a bit and will fall over very soon. Having it close 2-3in or add more lights as astonr420 mentioned, which will promote fast growth and minimizes stretching. To help spread the light better replace the aluminum foil with white foam board or mylar. Good luck and good growing.

Whats up blaze and wlcome to the best...:420:

I agree with the boyz...a little more light...a little more soil..a little more white wall...a little less foil...i would have already got rid of that bad seed...why bother...goodluck my man and im subbed...

Back
Top Bottom