First Grow: White Kush 1 In Soil, 1 In Hydro/Coco, 1 In Perlite, Who Will Win?

Not sure how long to go yet and I am by no means an expert but the first close up pic looks like couple of little banana’s. May want to check her over and make sure she hasn’t hermie’d. Hope a more experienced grower can give a thought?
Oh my, I see that now. The seeds are supposed to be feminized. It just seems so impossible, because I have been so good about not letting light in during the 12 hours of darkness. Thanks for looking and sharing your thoughts @steelcurtain22 !

This was a good week . . . I actually watered my plants, LOL :blunt:

I upped the cal-mag to 5ml per gal for hydro as @odinsmaster recommended. I am 5 weeks into flowering now. I threw away the digital timer that failed and I'm using a smart plug tied to Samsung SmartThings, which I have been using for years without any problems. Anyway, plants seem to be fairly similar to last week. I think they are growing :rolleyes: They are 70 degrees during the day and about 63 degrees at night.

20210525_194935_01.jpg

The hydro in coco has leaves getting browner and falling off as expected from lack of water for a few days over a week ago, but luckily there are so many leaves to give nutrients, I think it will be just fine.

The transplant from perlite to dirt in the middle looks rock solid with great looking leaves, other than a very slight tinge of magnesium deficiency on a few leaves. Here are some pictures of the buds on that dirt plant, which is very similar to the dirt plant on the right
IMG_0071.JPG

IMG_0068.JPG

My first plant pictures with my digital camera that I thought looked :yahoo:other than a few orange spots which are hardly visible to human eye. It's crazy what that camera can pickup.

The dirt plant on the right continues to lose leaves without many more to lose. It's so weird because I have been watering the 2 dirt plants by hand exactly the same for months. I don't have any bugs or anything. This plant will have to be harvested soon when the leaves are about gone. It also seems to dry out faster. . .

Can anyone venture a guess about how many more weeks of flowering?
Looks like it hermed on you, but that’s fine this late in flower you should make it.

Looks like it hermed on you, but that’s fine this late in flower you should make it.
@odinsmaster I think its time to move toward harvest. I plan to start flushing the dirt today and the hydro on Friday, with plans to harvest next Tuesday as I leave on vacation early Wed. Sound good? I will remove bananas as I see them.

@odinsmaster I think its time to move toward harvest. I plan to start flushing the dirt today and the hydro on Friday, with plans to harvest next Tuesday as I leave on vacation early Wed. Sound good? I will remove bananas as I see them.
It looks too early to me, but you got to do what you got to do.

Thanks @odinsmaster for your 2 cents! I decided to flush just the dirt plant that is losing leaves like crazy this week for harvest next Tuesday. I will harvest the other dirt and hydro girls when I return from vacation in 2 weeks.

Did I mention how much I hate bananas!

I flushed and harvested the Very Kush plant grown in dirt with few leaves remaining. This seemed to be a more fragile plant than the Kush 3 in dirt. I plucked off about 7 bananas before hanging. I just moved my tomato plants outside, which freed up the tent. The buds look kinda small and pathetic in the picture, which is unfortunate as they definitely look much better in person.
20210601_181344.jpg

Speaking of the Kush 3 in dirt, I started flushing that one today. Also plucked a few bananas on it today.

The Kush 16 in hydro looks about the same as last week with bigger buds. This plant has been so impressive, I'm just really hooked on hydro :yahoo: If my timer hadn't failed me 2 weeks ago, it would have been even much more impressive I'm sure. Of course, I'm a newbie and easily impressed :) I will start flushing it the middle of this week.

In the drying tent, I'm keeping my humidity between 45-55% and temperature from 60-70 degrees.
Questions this week: Should I have kept some of the lower leaves on the branches as I think I cut off too many? Should I plan on pulling off some of the leaves in 4-5 days so they don't rot on the buds?
As always, thanks so much for your feedback
:passitleft:

I flushed and harvested the Very Kush plant grown in dirt with few leaves remaining. This seemed to be a more fragile plant than the Kush 3 in dirt. I plucked off about 7 bananas before hanging. I just moved my tomato plants outside, which freed up the tent. The buds look kinda small and pathetic in the picture, which is unfortunate as they definitely look much better in person.
20210601_181344.jpg

Speaking of the Kush 3 in dirt, I started flushing that one today. Also plucked a few bananas on it today.

The Kush 16 in hydro looks about the same as last week with bigger buds. This plant has been so impressive, I'm just really hooked on hydro :yahoo: If my timer hadn't failed me 2 weeks ago, it would have been even much more impressive I'm sure. Of course, I'm a newbie and easily impressed :) I will start flushing it the middle of this week.

In the drying tent, I'm keeping my humidity between 45-55% and temperature from 60-70 degrees.
Questions this week: Should I have kept some of the lower leaves on the branches as I think I cut off too many? Should I plan on pulling off some of the leaves in 4-5 days so they don't rot on the buds?
As always, thanks so much for your feedback
:passitleft:
I hang the hole plant
4A2D5845-F42E-49E6-AEEB-D0A80E9D1AE2.jpeg

Looking good SmokinBud!

I've never seen anyone hang a plant to dry with so many leaves on it. Does this help keep the drying process slower? Are there some other perceived benefits to doing it this way?

Looking good SmokinBud!

I've never seen anyone hang a plant to dry with so many leaves on it. Does this help keep the drying process slower? Are there some other perceived benefits to doing it this way?
How I have always done it, I don’t wet trim anything. I usually dry ten to 14 days. And it takes me and my wife 4 or 5 days to trim, I never have any issues.

Wow, I have never seen anyone hang the whole plant with so many leaves. It's simple and brilliant if the moisture can escape the buds and obviously it is for you!

Are you running a bunch of fans?
Yes you need lots of air movement with out the fans blowing directly on the plants.

I just returned from vacation and found my daughter did everything wrong while I was away. I have been very upset. She even killed the next 3 plants I had that were about 5" tall. 1 plant was not flushed properly before getting cut down and the big hydro plant had no water for a week. I won't waste your time with all the unfortunate details. I don't know what I will have when they finish drying. All I can do is hope for the best.

If only they didn't herm on me and I could have waited a few more weeks for harvesting . . . It would have been different.

As for who will win, the hydro was the clear winner in terms of size as was evident in the last pictures. This will be my system moving forward.

The biggest thing I want to say is that I have gained such an appreciation for the people here and the knowledge that goes into growing nice smoking buds. I struggled a lot and learned so much from your advice. I look forward to following you guys and continuing to learn from you in your journals.

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!:passitleft:

SmokingBud :blunt:

I just returned from vacation and found my daughter did everything wrong while I was away. I have been very upset. She even killed the next 3 plants I had that were about 5" tall. 1 plant was not flushed properly before getting cut down and the big hydro plant had no water for a week. I won't waste your time with all the unfortunate details. I don't know what I will have when they finish drying. All I can do is hope for the best.

If only they didn't herm on me and I could have waited a few more weeks for harvesting . . . It would have been different.

As for who will win, the hydro was the clear winner in terms of size as was evident in the last pictures. This will be my system moving forward.

The biggest thing I want to say is that I have gained such an appreciation for the people here and the knowledge that goes into growing nice smoking buds. I struggled a lot and learned so much from your advice. I look forward to following you guys and continuing to learn from you in your journals.

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you!:passitleft:

SmokingBud :blunt:
Man, I know its sucks. But every time I leave someone in charge of my grow there are problems. Live and learn, let your daughter come over and work with you in the room so she can learn your system.

Back
Top Bottom