First grow

Thanks do you think I'd be better off with cfl's? Would 200w be too strong for seedlings? They're Northern Lights autoflowers btw, so the light would be on 20/4

Healthy to me, i keep my 300w leds at 20inches from the seedling, then bring it down to 18 inches after the first 5 nodes pop out. Shes loving that light.

Personally I would keep the LEDs, they r easy to maintain. They don't emit too much heat & growers prefer LED over anything else with good reason. I'm not experienced growing under anything except LED, just my personal preference

Personally I would keep the LEDs, they r easy to maintain. They don't emit too much heat & growers prefer LED over anything else with good reason. I'm not experienced growing under anything except LED, just my personal preference
Same. You beat me to that comment. I only grow under leds too, i did switch from led to hps a while back and the transition took a few days for the ladies to adjust to their new light source

Thanks everyone, your input is really appreciated...I've just put the light back on and she's uncurled a bit which is good. Her colour is still really bad and she's still looking crispy, so I think it'll be touch and go and just keep a close eye on her.

I didnt know she was crispy. Raise the light up a couple inches if thats the case. Always good to measure the distance between the light and the plants

She got crispy with the 300 watt, I've since changed to the 80 watt and its a good 15in from her just to be on the safe side. She's uncurled a bit since she had four hours of no light, do you think she'll make it? I know they are fragile at this age. I've got other seeds, one of which is next to her waiting to pop through and one is germinating in my airing cupboard.

She might make it. Try and get the humidity up as leds tend to lower the humidity alot. I like to spray down the walls around the plant with a spray bottle. That drastically helps. As far i know with all the info given, shes a little light burned to me. My temps are always at 80-83f for autofem seeds. They do like the warmth

Yeah. Ive done that a dozen times already to be sure, youll notice the leaves become less resinous switching to cfl or hid.

I meant the part about switching lights stunting their growth. Did you mean the switching itself causes stunting? That doesn't make sense to me. Less growth because of using a light with less total photosynthetically active radiation (i.e. dimmer) would make sense.

I meant the part about switching lights stunting their growth. Did you mean the switching itself causes stunting? That doesn't make sense to me. Less growth because of using a light with less total photosynthetically active radiation (i.e. dimmer) would make sense.
Normally yes, because they have to get used to the new light source. But no also, it wont affect them if theyre going to a lower wattage light of the same source..ie led 300 down to 100w led, 400w hid down to a 23w cfl bulb. I meant from led to hid or hid to led transitions. Its nothing major, but you will lose 2-3 days in times. Some plants take a big toll on the transition, thats why i said to just keep using the led since its an auto

Thanks, she's got one hole in her cotyledon leaves not sure why but I can't see any intruders. Hoping it doesn't spread to others and it doesn't seem to be doing.

Back
Top Bottom