First Hydro Grow

Best bit of info I’ve got on here is this little gem .

4FC4E543-7E8F-4BDD-9190-44A881A80725.jpeg

Yea a journal of me fucking up ! Lol .
I am keeping my own notes , but I haven’t got a keyboard and I would be All day typing out what I’m At .
basically I started them in root juice and Rockwool cubes under a home made mini cloche to keep humidity up high , two weeks I planted them in the clay , watering with ro water with basic ec of 0.4 to buffer the ph then added quarter strength nutes , flushing the Res out every month with canna flush and using h202 and neem to keep the nasties away from both the tank and leaves . Start of week four now and really seeing buds starting to clump up . Ec is around 1.8

Yea a journal of me fucking up ! Lol .
I am keeping my own notes , but I haven’t got a keyboard and I would be All day typing out what I’m At .
basically I started them in root juice and Rockwool cubes under a home made mini cloche to keep humidity up high , two weeks I planted them in the clay , watering with ro water buffered with cal mag . To ec 0.4 plus my nutes to about 0.6 ec up to 1.8 ec now In week four of flower . Using h202 in the Res every week . And neem to keep the nasties away . Prevention is better then cure .
lights . Budmaster cob x 4 to start .
then lumi 600 mh / for veg
Then hps with the led
Ps the white light on the led makes it very easy to see what your leaves are doing in a natural light , very handy .
I stabilised the clay with ph corrected water . And hand fed them when I transplanted the Rockwool cubes . Using ring feeders instead of drippers to make sure if even water distribution.

Warning ⚠️ Res water drop , ec drop and ph drop ,, Change Res time ...
this is a new one on me being my First real crack at hydro .
janey macker you really have to be on top of shit constantly !
noticed roots growing down into the res and was a bit worried when putting in the cold ro water so I reached inside and removed as much as I could , I’m sure it will shock the plant , might not do a complete change of Res from here on In , four weeks or so left .

Pushing the girls up to 2.0 ec in forth week of flowering it was about . 1.8 , and I think the added cO2 is causing the plants to use up a lot of nutes and water

The best lessons learned are from straight fucking it up yourself.
School of hard knocks only one teaching lessons. Lol
Well I figured out they needed a nighttime water , I added a third small fan pointing up through the canopy in the bare Scrog , temps and humidity are spot on , I was really not expecting the stretch on these sativas , the scrog has turned into a hybrid sog / scrog thingymajigger and at the start of week five I don’t want to do anymore bending or de defoliating so I’ll be gently moving buds apart on the net to stop budrot .
ps four plants would have been enough in the Wilma , too close together for the beasts I’ve grown

Well I figured out they needed a nighttime water , I added a third small fan pointing up through the canopy in the bare Scrog , temps and humidity are spot on , I was really not expecting the stretch on these sativas , the scrog has turned into a hybrid sog / scrog thingymajigger and at the start of week five I don’t want to do anymore bending or de defoliating so I’ll be gently moving buds apart on the net to stop budrot .
ps four plants would have been enough in the Wilma , too close together for the beasts I’ve grown
Also running out of headspace for the light omg
Might have to side light them if this continues much more

One of my ladies , the biggest one got a shock and is lagging behind a good bit but I’m holding out for her ! About three weeks left .. not much smell yet but I know that’s in the post :)

FD9156D9-57E4-4770-9A62-624AFDDA5C72.jpeg

C1502D40-4FA7-4946-B2F8-8D175025BFAA.jpeg

B2A86F34-FF55-4624-A938-8DB162FBE4F6.jpeg

And yes I did go over the top with the nurse a bit , think I caught it in time , they are quite happy at Ec 2 . I’ll hold it there now for another two weeks before dropping it off in week six .
dragon force time baby

Well I found out why the big one was getting shocked , she put roots down into the res and I didn’t cop it , being very careful to add Warmed water while changing res in future , plus running the system for a feed at half strength nutes each change 14 day interval , when putting fresh stuff in , no chance of salt buildup ! Had a bit of nitrogen toxicity so dropped my levels below 2.0 ec and they have responded quickly
8A870C8D-7161-4B7F-8D60-2F08CE999C5B.jpeg

0F1910B4-A50C-4D3C-8A9A-012DF8DA8DE8.jpeg

Looks like you have quite the jungle growing there. I guess it will be tough to get in there and do any trimming or anything. But it looks great. Oh and you have to watch those nurses! 'haha

I’ve a dehumidifier three fans and a gas burner and an electric heater to fine balance my temps and humidity ! Nurses ?

Back
Top Bottom