First Indoor Cannabis Auto Grown Gorilla Glue #4

JohnnieJC3

So the title insinuates that I'm a new grower... SORRY GUYS I'm not, but I AM new to growing auto's. I recently setup my old tent that had been up in the garage rafters for a few years(2x2). I am currently using it for Veg and Auto's and this is my first run. I threw 3 freebie Auto's I've had for a long time over the years from purchases and I thought the Gorilla Glue #4, Colorado Cookies, and the OG Kush from Dinafem Auto sounded like a Winner. Well, turns out, the Dinafem "AUTO" isn't so somehow I got a photo seeds labelled as a Ruderalis crossed strain. So, I still have that OG plant vegging(I topped the crap out of it to keep it bonsai and out of the way) and the Colorado Cookies finishing up and I harvested the GG Auto this morning. I can't say enough about this GG plant. I have grown a plethora of plants over the years and I've never defoliated a plant early flower and the leave were straight greasy wet. This is when the plant didn't even have buds yet, just sticky from the start and STINKY. The GG showed sex at day 25 and started to flip at 5 inches tall(12.7cm). She ended up stretching quite a bit for how small this thing was initially. She ended up being 21 inches from soil to top. I couldn't believe what this thing turned into from being a small single node 5" plant, to a pretty nice bonsai plant. I started LST training ASAP which was very early on Day 20 maybe. Get those lateral shoots popping out as quick as possible and train all through transition phase and stretch. I ended up with an 8 headed cool little plant. The main cola is SO massive and this was grown under an old tech light, not my QB setup in the 2x4(God Bud Lemon Candy 2 plants 7 weeks bloom today). Without defoliation and the early LST, there is no way it would of turned out as good as it did. I know these lights well, anything past 10" of penetration, it's about DONE for. Anyway, I've been around lurking and what not, but haven't been active in quite awhile, so I thought I would share in these crazy times. I'm not going to get into that but, STAY HOME if you can is all I will say. Anyway, if you know me from the past, you know I can't help myself with pictures. I am still using this old dinosaur of a camera so no trickery with this ancient device(probably over 10 years old). All in all, I am happy with the Auto experiment and I have a few more left so eventually I'll run those Auto's out to. I'm going to transplant the NOT so Auto OG out of the 3 gallon smarties which is going to be a PITA, but it has to be done. I'm going to shape it once the Colorado Cookies is done, maybe a week out or so and flip that OG in a few weeks after it fills out the 2x2, shouldn't take long since it's already old and has a thick truck. NOT, the way I planned it but hey, sometimes you have to think on your feet and or out of the box. The good news is I'll be going right back into flower pretty quick so turn it around and flip that frown upside down. :) I'll get some pics up SOON. STAY Safe everyone and Keep it Green. :peace:

Welcome back Johnnie. Looking forward to your pics.
Thank you so much for taking the time. I can't wait to try this GG#4 out. Enjoy! :volcano-smiley:

Alright guys, I've been busy this weekend(Around the house), but I had a chance to take more pictures of the Colorado Cookies Auto, MY UGLY duckling OG Kush momma/auto(I'll turn her into a swan later), and the newest editions to the family... 2 GDP's and a Master Kush(1 week old today). The QB tent is lights off, but tonight I'll try to take some snaps of the God Bud and Lemon Candy. I'm running the 2x4 tent at 278 watts and it's SO bright in there, I had it at 260 and it was fine but I like to run them a bit higher at 13-14" from tops and it gets the outer buds still around 40000 lux. Most bud sites are averaging 55-60000 with the top most buds 70-75000. Early on in flower when they were stretching, the Lemon Candy stretched a bit much and I didn't raise the QB setup and some of the buds were getting 85-86000 lux so slight bleaching but nothing major(a few lightly yellow leaves no big deal). Anyway, I could talk about cannabis ALL day so... ON with the Show. Enjoy! :volcano-smiley:

The leaves are a brownish red bronze color! :cool:

I hear the Dinafem OG is a good Kush so WE will see.

Baby GDP, huge Indica leaves already.

Thank you so much, not too shabby for a couple of quick autos. I'm fairly impressed with how small they were when triggered and how big they ended up. I like to experiment and I would definitely log it as a success. The thrill of a freebie seed turning into beautiful buds is SO addicting. :yummy:

It is an addition I'm on my first grow ever and I'm in the flowering stage and can't wait to harvest obviously patients is the key I'm doing 2 cheesecake autos and iv had alot of help thro this forum great guys and gals here
I have been around a long time, left sites that have been shutdown because of horrible trolls... THIS IS the best community for Cannabis hands down. Moving On, I had a chance to check out your plants and they look very healthy. I noticed your tent has a 4" intake and exhaust, which will work, but I would recommend a 6" elbow/intake it's much more efficient and doesn't suck in the tent as bad. I am currently running 4" intake and 4" exhaust as well and the tent runs a bit warmer even with LED's and I have to run the fan higher with the controller. Other than that, the only other advice I will give is... LEAVE them alone, don't go to crazy with overwatering/nutrients and they will turn out fine. I feed the crap out of my plants, but in smaller doses. Good Luck and Keep it Green. Happy 420! :theband:

As promised, my 2x4 tent with the God Bud and Lemon Candy. These girls were flipped at 45 days which is fairly fast for soil so there pretty big for short Veg. These buds are already little mini pineapples. Pictures are the beginning of day 52(16-18 days left). Alright, lets all be safe and 420 BLAZE IT!!

First 6 Pictures God Bud

I Couldn't help myself since it's 420, the Gorilla Glue
has been drying for 4 days, the start of day 5 and she
isn't quite ready to come down but some smaller buds
were ready to squish. I'll shred this Rosin today and then some.
I only squished a little over 2g of smalls, TASTES lovely. Where's the
DAB smiley when you need it. :dude-knocking: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Those look beautiful bro I also want to try dabs so hopping I get some. Nice buds from my grow and try something new. Just about to roll a nice fat one to chill. Stay safe bro
I absolutely enjoy a nice filtered OCB 2 grammy fatty. I've rolled up a few Rosin Cannagars and that is straight NEXT level fur SURE.

Well, it was time to harvest the Colorado Cookies and she is a beauty QUEEN. She smells SO fruity already, there are some larfy smalls, so I may just freeze those and do some fresh Rosin. I washed all the buds and they are currently hanging and drying. I wish I were photogenic like these Flowers are. Enjoy! :Namaste:

Great grows! Tagging along :popcorn:
Thank you so much CagedApe and I hope you enjoy the Ride. The 2x2x5.3 has an old tech Mars Pro II Epistar 80 which is around 150 actual watts. This light is good for around 12-14" of good solid bud growth... anything further and density falls off Dramatically. The 2x4x5 and a half has 4 QB's with the 2100 meanwell driver and it's amazing with much deeper light penetration and HUGE colas. I had two old mars lights in the 2x4 with 3 plants(in sig) and they were Vegged almost 2 months and all ended in 80+ grams and the current 2 plants were Vegged 45 and are MASSIVE plants comparatively. I'm hoping 3 plants this time(when current two are finished), maybe 38-40 days from popping surface to flip. Extended Vegging can be rewarding with a monster plant but it's not very efficient when turning over different strains and such. I may be switching strategy if I find a nice GDP Mom for awhile... who knows... I like variety so that could change with time.

Thanks for stopping by... I think just offloaded some info like a computer memory dump. :blunt:

Alright guys, so I had a chance to get that NOT so Auto out of the 3 gallon smartie into a 7gal off brand fabric pot. The OG plant is almost 3 months old and has been topped numerous times to keep it small and was in the back of tent due to two other flowering Auto's getting all the light (sort of, it's only a 2x2 on 18/6 cycle so not much of a "back"). I wouldn't say she was neglected, but I had to do what I did due to nowhere to put it with my 2x4 filled and throwing me off cycle since she's still in Veg. No worries though, I'm used to curve balls with grows and I'll turn it into a QP or more of some FINE OGK flowers. I haven't decided if I'm going to SCROG it, or just LST train with bamboo poles. I'm calling her UGLY Ulga for now,

So, what I did to get this momma out of the smart pot is I watered her with a gallon of straight water the night before transplant. Normally, a 3gal smart pot is good for a 1/2 gallon, maybe slight over if in mid flower. The next morning the pot was still very moist from absorbing excess water all night in a wicking fashion since it's a cloth/fabric material. I peeled that 3 gallon smart pot off no problem and it was a solid mass of roots, didn't really lose much soil. This plant was embedded SOLID into the pot and came out easier than expected. I don't normally have to do this so it was all new to me. I thought about transplanting the entire 3g pot straight to the 7gal, but the material is fairly thick and decided against it. I'm glad I did. Anyway, I'm done rambling, sometimes Sativa's or Hybrids get me going. :theband:

April 23rd

April 26th (2days after transplant, NO shock)

You can see all the new nodes popping everywhere and LST training

MasterK momma, I'm calling her TwistyMisty

Here is a seedling to Veg progression started in Word, converted to PDF, and finally to JPG I put together during this last grow and this is what your first 4 weeks or so of growth(soil) should look like if everything is perfectly healthy. Enjoy! :volcano-smiley:

Plant in picture under QB setup in 2x4

I don't water my transplants, I use a bucket or laundry tote
to mix soil with perfect moisture consistency, works like a charm!

You can see that there isn't much watering going on. I basically mix up seedling mix in a bowl, go a week water solo cup, again in a week, so two watering's in two weeks, the transplant at day 16 is a transition watering, day 26, day 33 and so on.

Hey everyone, I just realized I probably ran this thread too far, but I never really introduced myself when I first created this account years ago so overboard MUCH... FUR sure! :eek: I can't help myself, cannabis plants are SO photogenic and I love this hobby and or lifestyle(whatever category you fall under). This will be the last "addition" to this thread. I hope to be more active here on 420mag and contribute my knowledge and help people grow the finest HERB they've ever dreamed of. I've experimented with Cannabis plants for years(first plant 17, I'm 42 currently) and I hit HIGH brix numbers indoor or OUT. I consistently hit 17-19 indoors,(17 like clockwork) and I've hit over 20 outside so I've learned SO much by playing with mixes and how far to dry them out before watering etc. I really should write a book(I still have old style grow journals. I prefer writing on paper), but out of my wheelhouse. I do have a passion and a bit of talent for writing, but not this genre and or subject. Anyway, every time I dry herb Vape the GG4 it gets the creative juices in the mind FLOWING. I see why people love this strain, it's... WELL... GLUE! Enjoy! :volcano-smiley:

I know these sites change users SO often, but if you know me from the past, a photo BOMB session is always in order. :cheer:

Dinafem OGK girl BACK on track. I'm going to SCROG her, I've always wanted a rematch in the 2x2.
Getting her Flat for Screen
Pretty GDP Momma!
My new girls(2GDP, 1 MasterK), The 2x4 is almost finished. Normally, I would go straight to the 5
or 7gal smart pots, but I didn't have the room so 8" plastic pots for a few weeks while I chop down
the GodBud and Lemon Candy. Day 64 today. I go 10 weeks, 1 week transition so a solid 9 weeks of pure flowering. I don't trim my buds since I would be cutting off THC. I clip ugly used up fans and that's IT.

Above Flower Pics Colorado Cookies Auto DutchP

Above Flower Pics Gorilla Glue Auto Expert
CC
GG
I'm guessing my normal 3.5-4 ounces from the 2x2. I'm betting 90-100 grams so not a huge WINNER yield wise, but I did plan for 3 Autos and well... that didn't Pan out so it IS what it IS. All in all though, successful Auto project and at least 90g of Top Shelf. I don't like moving the buds around with weighing them and losing trichomes to see what I already know. The half gallon jars hold anywhere from 2 ounces - 4. This isn't a super dense Indica(Bubba's Gift filled the whole half gallon jar and was over a QP). I figure 50-56 GG and 40ish CC. Quality is what matters and it can be done with LEDS. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom