First major grow operation and i could use some tips

1lovePLUR

first let me start off with my past, i have some experience growing, ive grown a few plants in my past but this is my first attempt at a somewhat serious grow operation.

ive set up a grow room in my attic using a silver tarp as walls to seal it up and i have a shoplight with 2 fluor tubes in it. i also have a fan and an AC unit that also filters air on the way because i know it can get hot up there. the space is 10' by 6' and 6.5' tall and im starting off with about 60 seedlings that will be ready to plant in a day or 2. im also planning on getting some more lights up there but im not sure how many to get.

basically any info you could share with me or helpful tips would be greatly appreciated : ) thanx everyone

(i have pics im planning on putting up of my g room as soon as i can figure out how to do it.... if anyone wants to xplain that to me 2 id love that lol)

First thing I would suggest is insulation with a coating on all sides of the tarp. Seal it air tight, clean it well, ventilate for 20 days or so with lights on, and go from there. Some tarps can leech and kill all your plants.

You will want the sided insulation for heat signature. Just my 2 cents. :)

Welcome to 420 Magazine!

ill do my best but im on a limited budget and i dont know if its even gonna be possible for me to make it airtight. but thanks for the tip! : )

im actually lucky and dont have any, the only glass up there is blown insuation on the floor on the far side of the attic which im not using and i sealed that off tight

Man you are talking about 60 plants!!!Thats a fair sized operation! I would plan it all out a little better than that if you are going with 60 plants. You are talking some serious odor and then everything else that could go wrong being in an attick. Its going to take a lot more than those shop lights to do the job! Well I hope you have a good plan in place for this size of a grow...

Good luck and make sure to start a journal.

SM2007....:peace:

I suggest doing 10-15 and not 60. Light coverage will need to be very intense for 60 plants and if you don't have that kind of equipment and are on a budget then I wouldn't get this crazy. Ten very nice plants with big buds is better then 40 that produce small "whispy" buds due to insufficient light. A smaller number of plants is also far easier to take care of. :peace:

I suggest doing 10-15 and not 60. Light coverage will need to be very intense for 60 plants and if you don't have that kind of equipment and are on a budget then I wouldn't get this crazy. Ten very nice plants with big buds is better then 40 that produce small "whispy" buds due to insufficient light. A smaller number of plants is also far easier to take care of. :peace:

X bazillian. You could not imagine the heat index you would have up there not only because you are only using a tarp for the enclosure but you are at the highest point in the house with only some boards and shingles between you and the feds!!!!!!!:peace:

yea i had sum trouble with that aspect but the best thing i could come up with was get a portable air conditioner up there so i got one that also filters the air so i can get rid of the smell

Back
Top Bottom