First Master Kush grow

go4snypr

Hey all, just finished our first master kush grow. Though I am excited, i am also a little disappointed. The plants look great, they are probably about 3 feet tall, and I figure they should go about 2-3 ounces per plant. The amount of red hair on these plants are unbelievable, but the amount of trics looks a little on the low side, as well as the smell and taste doesn't seem to be there. I still have to cure the buds, everything is just drying, but the little nug that we did smoke definitly did not have that kush smell and taste. Will that just come in time with the cure, or is that taste and smell obtained thru other means while growing??? To me, it doesn't look any better than any of the bag seed we grew over the last 6 months. any comments are welcome, I will try to post some pics later today.

did you look for cloudy / amber TRICHOMES before harvest? I learned you can't judge when a plant is "done" by the red hairs, trichomes tell you when you are done/ripe. Drying then, curing, is critical. hope it works out for you! post pics next time! here r my trichomes today, this bud is not even close to done.
717trichomes.jpg
I use a 20 dollar usb microscope.

that's 75 days since plant went from 24 hours of CFL indoors, it's been outside since around May 1st, it looked like it would be all done in July, but it started a very aggressive re-growth of shoots coming out of the cola/tops, it looks like it might go thru September, we'll see. The cheap usb Microscopes are on Amazon for dirt. thnx 4 asking. Whatta you got goin'?
how many days into flower is that?? and where did you pick up the camera??

I was wondering if it got any better after cure? I'm in the same boat and was going to ask same question, I thought I used too much nutes. I'm in my 2nd week of curing and not smelling what I wanted to smell,

it is a great help to know the exact humidity in the curing jar, I have an old analog meter from an old wall thermometer that works great, you want to cure around 55-60% humidity, open jars daily, occasionally move bottom buds to top and let air for as long as several hours. There is a good chance your bud is too wet (humidity over 70%) just be patient, keep curing in the jars, the smell will improve as the humidity goes down, takes up to 60 days, cure u=in the dark in a dry are, if it's humid where you are curing, it will take longer. That's my 2 cents on curing!

I appreciate the input, but I dont think this bud is gonna turn out that way I was hoping. Maybe we chopped it early, I didnt check the trics, but most of the the hairs had already turned red,(probably over 80%). the plant seemed to turn yellow very quickly the fan leaves started yellowing in the first few weeks of flower and even a lot of the little leaves around the buds yellowed off and almost looked burned and they had to be picked off. The temps may be a little high, (not comming out of the 80's now that we are in summer) and some of it could have been from the lights to close but I dont think any of these plants are going to have that "kush" smell and taste, let alone that couch lock stone I was after. But they have only been curing for about a week, so I will report back in a few more weeks.

Back
Top Bottom