First time grower

temple balls

Hi everybody, took a bit of time out to grow some weed.

Looking back i cut the poor girls down 2 weeks to early but thats not what im writing about the reason is about the taste or lack of.

Ive been smoking it pretty much since i chopped them down, i smoked a pipe were the weed had not been dried out (cured) tasted very very lemony (rough on throat) but now after 8 weeks of curing the taste has almost gone.

The smoke is very clean it unfortunately just doesn't taste of alot through a pipe, if i use a vaporiser i can definitely taste more lemon.
It took me 8 days hanging stalks upside down in a dark room until i removed and trimmed buds i didnt rush the drying operation which i thought might of helped to retain the taste.

Any tips on taste would be appreciated isit down to strain ?

Attachments

• budder licious.JPG
    budder licious.JPG
    836.5 KB · Views: 103
  • P1040138.JPG
    P1040138.JPG
    896.4 KB · Views: 103
Cured in jars with good humidity and burped regularly and such @temple balls ? I'm a neophyte, I'm interested in what you find out. My stuff stinks but does tend to lessen over time...I wonder if it's because I get lazy about burping once it's that old.

I dried them between 16c and 20c and between 50% and 60% humidity. I think I over dried them before I put them into jars. I did buy some Boveda humidity packets but I didn't buy a humidity monitoring device for jars

I dried them between 16c and 20c and between 50% and 60% humidity. I think I over dried them before I put them into jars. I did buy some Boveda humidity packets but I didn't buy a humidity monitoring device for jars
I doubt that you over dried them with that humidity. It sounds like you did it right. Nothing to stop you from getting some cheapo monitors to see.

How long have you been curing? When you open a jar what do you smell? When you break open a bud what do you smell?

Taste comes from the percentage of terpenes in the bud which has to do with the cultivar and method of growing.
Then the real flavor comes from proper curing.
To me the full flavor of a particular cultivar doesn't start to come out until at least a minimum of 6 months proper curing.

I have an absolutely beautiful Blueberry that's been curing for 15 months and its sublime.
In a vaporizer it's like smoking Blueberry candy.

My sense of smell is not as good as it use to be, I can smell lemon when I crack a bud, its just the taste is no wear as strong as what it was when I first tasted through a pipe.

Is that normal ? my first time at growing so I cant compare it. The one grow smells a bit like plasticine its not unpleasant taste is just doesn't really taste of much.

Once you overdry your product so that its core RH is below 59, no power on earth or heaven can start the curing process again. Unless you stay in the range between 59% - 65% RH, curing will not occur. If you have overdried your pot, a Boveda pack or any other method of adding back the moisture is a waste of time.

Slow drying and then curing is fully half of the process involved in growing high quality pot. Do not spend 4 months growing your pot to harvest and then take your eyes off of the ball for a week while it dries too fast... you will waste all the time you had in the grow. Even when dry and in the curing range, you can't ignore your product... the curing jars need to be burped to allow the gasses to escape, regularly, in order to get a good cure. If you do it right the taste, texture and smoothness of your smoke will continue to get better, the longer you can keep it in the cure range.

Without a good cure to remove the chlorophyll and refine the THC in your product, you will have not grown quality pot... you will have grown weed... nasty green smelling, throat scratching, gag inducing weed.

Its a clean smoke, a vaporizer soon lets you know how clean your smoke is, its more to do with the taste or lack of.

I do think I will try next time to dry in a lower temp and higher humidity, instead of 8 days try for 14 days of hanging.

I wish I could cure weed for 15 months but that isn't going to happen unless I win the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom