First Photo Grow Outdoor In Soil

Cameron16

Hi all, seeking some general advice. My first Auto grow is still underway with radically varied results. This was my second planting and is my only Photo strain. Temps are still all over the place despite being almost a month into Summer. That's life in the south of Victoria I guess, 40c one day and sun, 17c and rain the next. I use the greenhouse to keep the worst at bay. Details are as follows

Organic Soil 4mths feed
Outdoor
Nutes N/A besides Seasol at transplant
Barneys Farm Tripple Cheese
PH 6-6.5 tested soil at root level

With my 3 Autos being unlikely to produce significant yield, I really need to max this plant.

20201221_195248.jpg

20201221_195752.jpg

20201221_194947.jpg

20201221_194810.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Forgot to state that it's a organic potting soil I buy and then mix at a 70/30 ratio with perlite. Reason I moved to a larger pot when still small was due to poor growth in a different soil mix. Has been a big difference since. As for maxing it out, weather here will only support one outdoor grow season. I'm hoping to get the biggest yield possible from this one plant. If my autos grow then that's a plus but I'm counting on this plant to produce a good harvest. My last 2 orders have failed to arrive (first order lost, second order over 9wks and not in country yet) so there isn't time to begin another grow this year.

Just an update and a question, it's been 2 and a half weeks since last pic of plant and 2wks since topping. Would you all suggest topping again or leaving plant to grow? Best guess is it will be at least 6wks till daylight drops below 12hrs and keeping it short is a priority. Plant is 18 inches today.

20210108_191302.jpg

Yes I had been wondering about that. I see a lot of plants staked and tied etc. Wasn't sure if one central bamboo stake would suffice or if I needed more support. Sorry for the total ignorance lol but this is my first promising plant. The other 3 autos are all far from impressive and I'm just letting them grow to see what, if anything I get. Definitely too small to need any form of support. Will look through forum but would appreciate any advice to make the most of this plant?

Just an update and a question, it's been 2 and a half weeks since last pic of plant and 2wks since topping. Would you all suggest topping again or leaving plant to grow? Best guess is it will be at least 6wks till daylight drops below 12hrs and keeping it short is a priority. Plant is 18 inches today.
Using the North America continent as a guide we usually start to see growth of flowers around between the beginning to middle of August when the sunrise and sunset time create a 14 hour day. The first and last hour do not seem to produce the right light to be actively used by the plant. If I am figuring a sunrise & sunset chart right you are already very close to a 14 hour day. Subtract the first and last hour of the day and you could start to see pistils and other signs of the start of flowering very soon.

Topping might not be best at this time. Just let it start to grow out and if it gets to get taller than you are comfortable with you could consider doing what is called "supercropping" to keep the height where you would like it to be.

Using the North America continent as a guide we usually start to see growth of flowers around between the beginning to middle of August when the sunrise and sunset time create a 14 hour day. The first and last hour do not seem to produce the right light to be actively used by the plant. If I am figuring a sunrise & sunset chart right you are already very close to a 14 hour day. Subtract the first and last hour of the day and you could start to see pistils and other signs of the start of flowering very soon.

Topping might not be best at this time. Just let it start to grow out and if it gets to get taller than you are comfortable with you could consider doing what is called "supercropping" to keep the height where you would like it to be.
Thanks for the detailed reply, and for the most part it all makes sense. Only issue is we have had a late start to summer. Only the last week or so has actually felt like summer and Feb/March are usually our hottest most sunny months. Plant was topped as marked in pic approx 3wks ago but was wondering if topping again would reduce height and lead to more bushy growth?

Thanks for the detailed reply, and for the most part it all makes sense. Only issue is we have had a late start to summer. Only the last week or so has actually felt like summer and Feb/March are usually our hottest most sunny months. Plant was topped as marked in pic approx 3wks ago but was wondering if topping again would reduce height and lead to more bushy growth?
It would but if it was my plant I would now work with what I have. The plant will continue to grow for awhile and then once flowering starts the plant will start to stretch. It it grows to tall and you start to feel uncomfortable with its size then the supercropping technique is what you have to look at.

Topping the plant now could cost you some nice bud sites that the plant would have developed in the next several weeks. What I have done when my stealth plants grew tall enough to be seen above the fence is use the supercropping techniques with success.

Hi all, been a while since I updated but until last week, have had nothing to add. Finally daylight hours are dropping to almost 12/12 and looks like flowering is beginning.

Up to this point only supplement feeding to the organic soil/perlite, was fortnightly application of Powerfeed Green. In last week have seen some minor deficiencies on a few leaves but expect it will get worse if I don't start feeding a suitable fertilizer? Have read so many different NPK ratios I'm just totally confused.

Have included pics of plant and also the veg product I've been using so far. Can somebody please suggest what to use during flowering? Please also keep in mind I'm in regional Victoria Australia so many products from the US are not readily available. Even just a suggestion of a suitable NPK would be appreciated.

Couldn't resist and topped 2 times further since last post also. Tried LST but split main stem and had to tape it for a few weeks. Wasn't game to bend it again so topped it to keep height low. Currently approx 100cm so low enough to keep hidden.

20210226_192411.jpg

20210223_190611.jpg

20210223_190913.jpg

20210223_190633.jpg

20210223_192006.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting in Medical Marijuana Strain Reviews?

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom