first time closet grow. help with different topics

hey there everyone!
ever since i got this new exhaust, the temperatures have really dropped.
theyre in the low 70's most of the day. sometimes goes above 75 towards 80. if its a really hot day. but mostly its around 72 during the day. and in the low 60's at night.
i read that the best temps are between 75-85 for vegging.
should i be trying to boost the temp closer to 80 (maybe with a 100W incandescent bulb since they make heat (i know theyre useless for growing). or should i just leave it the way it is?

i also tried putting in a hot water bottle heater at night in the tray with the plants, but i dont know how much it really does.

btw already today i see a huge difference in their growth after i stopped watering. and the soil still seems moist enough. i dont know if the improvement is connected to not watering, or to the new airy soil/coco/perlite mix, or maybe both of them. but i see them progressing now quicker than they were before.
thnks everyone for all the advice!
:thumb:

ok thnks!
i finally figured out the temperature swings ive been having in the room.
basically my room is around 5 deg hotter than the house temp all the time. so since we had cool days, the growroom has been cool.
these past two days it hasnt been getting hotter than 72F except for around 3 hours in the end of the day where it gets towards 74F. but most of the day its been between 68F and 71F.
also i have a cold water humidifier going there to make humidity. i notcied that when it turns on (is on a timer to go on every half hour), the temp drops a few degrees.

since i dont have a thermostat, what i did was put my exhaust on a timer to go on, once every halfl hour for 15 minutes. (that means its off for a half hour. and then turns on for 15 minutes. then off for half hour. is in the same timer as the humidifier) now the room is holding about 75deg. yay!

does that sound like the best option bieng that i dont have a thermostat, or would it be better to avoid the temp fluctuations like that, and just have it at a constant cooler temp even though the cooler temp (around 68-71F is less ideal than 75F, but at least it wont be fluctuating slightly every 45 minutes)?

Back
Top Bottom