First time grow, please help

bozbozuk

Evening fellow tokers...

Im a long time toker first time grower. I am going to use a very basic set-up as I am on a very limited budget..

I have purchased some feminised Nirvana Snow White seeds, and am using MG soil, and my only light source is compact Fluorescent 40w bulb. I am only planning on growing one plant at a time due to an extreme lack of space

Q..Will this 40W bulb be sufficient to grow from to seed to harvest?

Any other tips will be greatly appreciated!!! Please help!

Peace out

Your gonna need more lights. That will be ok while the plant is small, but plan on adding more. For flowering its best to get a high pressure
sodium light if you can spare some money.

MG soil will work, but I've heard it makes the bud have a bad taste. Organic soil and ferts would be best. I'm using MG to though.

Nice One SlimDog..

I will look into investing in a HPS light, for my next grow. . .

Will my plant not flower at all under my current 40W Fluorescent, or will it just flower with limited potential? . . .How about using a stonger Fluorescent bulb? or even still using 2 or 3 ? (will that work?)

Also, as I am using Mg soil, I am not planning on ferting the plant at all. Will this be a problem?

Many thanks on your quick response Bro..:clap:

Peace out

2 or 3 more bulbs will be fine. Your plant will flower, w/ less light, but the buds will be small and spaced far apart. It's gonna be bad enough w/just flouros, but 50watts per square foot of grow area will be just enough to take your plant through flowering. do some reading man.
Vin

I do plan on using some ferts when they get to the later stages of veg and all through flowering. The ferts in the soil are time release and only last a few months. They probably won't be strong enough to last the whole cycle.

Thanks for all the Advice, I think that I may have to invest in a HPS light for the flowering stage.

Bearing in mind that I am only growing one plant at a time, what power HPS bulb would you recomend to produce good flowering..And whould it fit into a normal lamp?

Please excuse my lack of knowledge, but I am a complete Noob:laughtwo:

But with all your help I hope that one day I can grow some decent herb :cheesygrinsmiley:

Reagards bozboz

PS Vin, your lowriders looked awsome dude!!!!!

You can get smaller than a 250 watt HPS, but I wouldn't. And of course, you can get much larger, but there's no need to if you're only going to be growing one or two at a time.
No, you can't use it in a standard lamp. HPS is a kind of fluorecent bulb, so you have to buy a special balast. An entire 250 watt set up w/a bulb will cost you about $95 delivered to your door from insidesun.com
Thanks for the compliment on the LR's. It's my first grow, and I don't think they did too bad for only using six 40 watt fluoro bulbs. If you take the time to educate yourself, and pick up an HPS, your "decent grow someday" will happen sooner than you think. Good luck, and keep us posted on your grow.
Vin

Cheers Vin

I will keep you posted, and send in some pics in the near future

:peace: peace all the way from the foggy UK

I have got my grow underway.. I purchased some feminsed SuperGirl seeds (Nirvana) And I am growing in 80% Miracle Grow moisture control soil and 20 % pearlite..

My girl is just under two weeks old and looking pretty good so far.(I cant belive how fast she has shot up!!! ) it is just over 1 foot tall.
I am using x2 25w compact fluoros, but I have decided to Invest in a 250w HPS for flowering..

If anyone could give me anmore advice it would be greatly appreciated

Q. How tall should I let her get before I force her to flower?

PS. thanks for all the replies,

PPS I will send some pics in soon

:Rasta:

Cheers Endo.. I will get the ball rolling.

My HPS might not be with me for another week or so.. Will it be Ok to start the flowering cycle under my current x2 25w CFL's ??

In your Endo Cheers for that dude, my seeds are feminised, so I have no need to worry about sex, although I have recently heard that they are not 100% certain to produce female plants.. Is there any truth in this ?

Hey Boricua

My Super-Girl is looking pretty good at the moment cheers

I have not used any of the snow white seeds yet, Im gonna give the a whirl after I have pulled my Supergirl..But I will keep you posted on both Grows..(I will get some pics in soon!!!!) But so far so good with my super girl..

Good luck with your orange bud Bro, keep me posted on your grow... I hope you get a nice fat yield!!!!

Peace out, and Keep that good Karma flowing

Bozboz :)

Back
Top Bottom