Twisty leaves, discoloration, purple n stems & stalk lots of pics! Help the Dummy!

PaleWonder

Well first off this is my first grow, I am super unprepared, on a extreme budget in an apartment closet. I have read numerous threads on this topic and have yet to see the same type of problems I am having. I will give as much info as possible from the start. First off the girls are both clones from a dispensary here in Cal. One Cherry Kush (smaller of the 2) and One G.D.P both about a month old. The GDP is slightly older by about a week. They are in 3 gallon pots with 2" of river rock on the bottom and the rest Miracle Grow Organics Choice potting soil. For the first 2 weeks I had only 2 T12 Shop lights up with 40w Philips plant and aquarium bulbs (4) total. Each bulb emits 1600k lumens = 6400 total. I have a b.s ph meter the one you get from Home Depot with the 2 prongs to tell you ph and when to water...I know I read after I buy..me big dummy. Well it sux but I am on that budget so it was $10 and gave it a try. So I have no idea what my ph is...how can I find out with out having the $ for the Hanna or whatever. I had started to water them with bottled water like 2 x's a week. Gave it its first fertilizer some tomato fertilizer 10/10/10 like a half a teaspoon full in the soil and watered. Haven't feed again since was too nervous lol. I went back to the store bought another T12 with 40w Daylight bulbs 2100 lumens but different color (white) I also bought a reflector light the ones with the clamp to shine on the lower portions of the plant and put a 100w flour in it with a lumens output of 1750. I put the Daylight bulbs in the outside sockets of the T12's , so one against the wall and one closest to the curtain. I have a shower curtain to contain the light to one side. I also added a white shower curtain liner to the inside at this time as well. The temp stays good around 75-80. Well I started to notice the leaves twisting more and starting to discolor and don't know why? So I removed the "clamp light and added another T12 with the Philips bulbs giving me a total of 4 T12's (6) Philips Aquarium and Plant bulbs 1600k lumens ea. and (2) Natural Sunshine bulbs 2100k lumens ea. total 13,700 lumens and started to give them distilled water instead of the drinking water. PLEASE HELP THE DUMMY !!!

Re: Twisty leaves, discoloration,purple n stems & stalk lots of pics!! Help the DUMMY

02886.jpg
02780.jpg
02588.jpg
02486.jpg
02397.jpg
02298.jpg
017162.jpg
015191.jpg
012239.jpg
011277.jpg

Re: Twisty leaves, discoloration, purple n stems & stalk lots of pics! Help the DUMMY

How close did you have your lights? And it looks like to me that your soil is way too dry. You might have to step up your watering. Still do not do it every day, just when the soil looks dry like that. They might just be really thirsty.

Re: Twisty leaves, discoloration, purple n stems & stalk lots of pics! Help the DUMMY

The lights were kinda close I moved them back and watered yesterday. The larger one seems to be taking more water, faster.

Back
Top Bottom