first time grow- with yellow leaves

falcore

hello to all
Ive been looking through these forums for a while but havent quite found my problem so here goes

this plant is about a 10 days old it seems to be growing slow but my grow area gets kinda hot but right now i cant do whole lot about that cuz of $$$ so im running 18/6 about about a range of 84-93 degrees (70degrees with lights out) and about 20% to 30% humidity. Im now noticing that the two round leaves are turning yellow and the first set mature leaves are starting to go light green.
My brother said it might be over watering cuz its kinda hard to judge the soil since the heat and low humidity evaporate off the top layer so quickly ill put up a pic (unfortunately i found out that my camera is a piece of crap when it comes to closeups lol) i havent fed em any nutes yet any opinions would be great
rsz_crim0003.JPG

Whats up man. How much water are you giving them...it is way easy to overwater. I have a grow going here also and I had some overwtering issues myself, check it out and let me know what you think.

Make sure the little fellow is getting some fresh air.

Make shure you PH the water and check it.

The little round leaves have served there purpose more or less and is ok if they die off. The new ones is what to watch.

In most cases with a little fellow that small....correct watering and enough light with the proper amout of distance from the light, and some humidity, they will be fine.

Get some air blowing , not directly on the fellow, but enough air to circulate the air the little guy is breathing.

I got the GREEN MOJO going for you man, I'll be watching.............PIECE

ok thanx everybody =]
happiehippie: I had been looking at other grow pics and a lot of them had those little round guys holding on a lot longer than me so I got kinda scared. I started in a 1 quart container to avoid too many transplants (lazy stoner lol) so ill really keep an eye on the soil moisture level and ill pick up some ph strips 2day Its are about 20in from a 400w MH.
Does that sound right?

What is a telltale sign that they need water before they start loosing foliage or cause permanent damage?
Do everybody think they will do ok in the conditions I have for them?

I think i might start a grow journal cuz i might need some hand holding through this first time around.

thanx again everybody for your help:grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint::grinjoint:

thanx DaMagoMan

I think i found out the yellowing problem my brother tested our water a few months back and he told me 2day that its like PH10 ouch!! Im gonna try 2 test the soil 2day if $$$ allows.

I was wondering if watering with distilled water would correct it at least temporarily till I can afford some ph down or is there an easier poormans fix?

Sorry for all the "basic" haha questions especially after reading this site for the last 2 months i thought i would just breeze through my first grow lol

WHATS UP falcore.....your light sounds ok, if you can hold you hand under it for a couple sec. and feels ok you'll be ok. Just keep the fan blowing on that light, that will help with the heat issue. DaMagoman has it about the PH locking out the N....I would PH the water AFTER you add your nutes (if you are feeding that way,keep it light on the nutes WHEN you start that also.)...just a thought..I got a hydr grow going here, so I'm not the best on the dirt grow deal but there is plenty here that is.....check out my grow and let me know what you think......I'll keep the "GREEN MOJO" flowing for you man.......PIECE

DaMagoMan thanx again i get what you mean

The one in the pic is lookin more yellow on the mature leaves and i can just see some brown spots starting on it. Its about 13 days old do you think it would be too much stress on it to give it some nutes i have FF grow big at maybe 1/4 to 1/2 strength or should i keep it on distilled water.
im gonna try another (crappy)pic today

rsz_crim0006.jpg

happiehippie Thanx for the GREEN MOJO i was writing a post and uploading a pic while you were posting so i hadn't read it till now LOL

Im gonna give that little one some nutes as soon as the soil dries a bit. I flooded it with distilled water friday to try and get the ph down i hope the nutes will breathe some life into it then once i get it under controll ill start a journal (but ill let you know if it recovers in this thread) and go from there
im gonna try to get some ph down next fri (pay day)
just incase i get stuck with tap water again

thanx again to everybody for the advice if this grow makes it to the end i will hopefully be able to give back to the 420 community

WHATS UP falcore.........Those little girls will be fine man.

I was just looking in my journal {ya, go ahead and start one)...and when mine were that size...I had them on some 3 part gen. hydro nutes at 1/4 strength and had to go to 1/8 strength nutes so watch out on the strength.....just my opinion....I see some that just give them water till ther alot bigger.

Hope this helps and keep those pics comming and good luck.........PIECE

Back
Top Bottom