First time grower - High expectations

Weasel is right on the money! A dim able ballast was a very smart decision on my part and I didn't even choose it. It came with the light.

By air cooled I mean that there is a fan attached to the duct work attached to the light. the fan blows the warm air out of the room

Tough to see but at the end of the ducting at the wall there's a fan that blows the warm air out of my house

image26401.jpg

Edit:: this picture I had it backwards but the fan is in front of the light

Any suggestions on hps lighting ? I sectioned off a 30 x 22 x 66.75 part of my closet . So about 5 and half feet high . I'm gonna eventually make use of the space above so it's complete boxed out . The wall leads right to my washer and drier so displacing heat shouldn't be a Problem . Think a 250 would be enough or to big ? Think i should use a 4OO ? I'm also thinking about keeping 200 wz of cfl do achieve a broader spectrum . Ultimately the quality and quantity is what matters most but at the same time I don't wanna be wasting electric . My plan is very fluid . I'm gonna scrog too to keep everything low . Thanks a lot trying to this thing right . Thanks for any help

Are you set on HPS? A Mars 400 LED. (Mars Hydro LED - the Best Solutions for Horticulture and Indoor Plants) would fit very well in your space without the heat issues. Feel free to look at my journals. They are all under LED.:peace:

The fan part should be pretty easy . The one side of my closest leads to a little utility room u can't see . Other side of that is my washer and driers ..So I shouldn't have a problem running duck work . Minimum cutting . It should be pretty easy to install . Thanks for making sure I'm prepared

Do you get the same type of bud density with the Led ? I will check your journals though . I might of seen some of them already . I read so much is all mixing together lol

SuperGroomer does make a good point. Especially with the size of your closet.

Whether or not you get the same density and penetration as an HPS for the same price though.... Is a bit of a loaded question. I'm pretty passionate about HPS.
However, I've seen some pretty awesome grows done by some very talented growers around here. Including Supergroomer!

Also, check out OttawaGreen's journal. Another talented grower uses two Mars hydros and get some serious yield.

Wish you luck on your homework my man!

SuperGroomer does make a good point. Especially with the size of your closet.

Whether or not you get the same density and penetration as an HPS for the same price though.... Is a bit of a loaded question. I'm pretty passionate about HPS.
However, I've seen some pretty awesome grows done by some very talented growers around here. Including Supergroomer!

Also, check out OttawaGreen's journal. Another talented grower uses two Mars hydros and get some serious yield.

Wish you luck on your homework my man!

Thanks. The reason I started with LED was because I had heat issues with CFLs. I figured if CFLs were going to be hard to keep under control then HPS would be even more difficult. Even though I cannot compare the two since I never took the HPS route, I am very happy with my Mars light and tents. I only grow for myself and one other for our medical needs. So if I can get 3-6 oz from each plant at harvest, I am happy and have all I need. There is even some leftover to share (I don't sell anything!!!):peace:

Any thoughts on these hps systems they sell on amazon ? They have Apollo and a couple other brands for relatively cheap prices . I just wonder if they are reliable at that price . Again everybody thank you so much for all the advice . I really like to consider people's personal experience with everything I have researched .It gives me a bigger picture . Thanks . You guys rock

Thanks again to everybody who offered their wisdom and encouragement . I can't begin to describe how much it means to me . I'm very grateful thank you all so much .. So let me just leave an update . The last week or so has been extrely busy . I have been constructing my closet . I gotta admit she is coming along quite nicely . The beans have arrived and the germination process is has been started . We are at the 48 Mark so I'm thinking they should be popping soon . I'm gonna get a few pics taken and posted so I can start my journal . Once I get it started I'll leave a link here . So I should have my journal started in the next 48 hrs or so . Thanks again guys

Thanks bro . I'm off work today so Ill be able to get my closet done . Soon as my beans sprout I'll take some pics and get them uploaded . Great to have you along fro the ride bro . Please don't be shy letting me know when I'm screwing up . I can take the criticism lol .. That's why I want to make a journal . I think it will be a great way to learn and hopefully somebody will come along and read it and learn from me the same way I learned from everybody here .

Yeah man it's a great way to learn . Tap roots have started to grow . Im gonna upload pics now so I can get my journal going . I'm kinda computer illiterate so hopefully it ain't to hard to figure out lol

Back
Top Bottom