First time grower, need help

fireneeb

Hey, So me and a couple buddies bought 2 clones, 2 120w lights, and tinfoiled his closet, including a fan. We are first time growers, and we had the lights like a foot above the plants and then one of our clones died. Here are some pictures, sorry they are shitty, they are taken with my phone. Any advice on what to do or what needs to be changed or where our lights should be could be useful.
fddf.jpg

11260921252.jpg

jkklj.jpg

Wassup fireneeb,

Lotsa a things can cause your first grow to steer off path. I can tell you that tinfoil isnt really efficient reflective material, and can create hot spots. Plain sheets of what paper would have been better than foil.. Its hard to diagnose what happend to your other clones without knowing details such as the climate of your grow box, feeding schedule & strength, lighting etc... Dont get hard on yourself tho, a lotta growers like myself usually trip up on their first couple goes at cultivating ganja.
You wont be able to read all through this in one sitting, but here is a link that has tons of articles that can help you get your second clone in shape, and learn what may have went wrong with the first clone:
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Well the thing is, we are going cheap, like we dont have a lot of money to put into this. We just got the clones 2 days ago, so we watered them a bit to much Im pretty sure, but we are gonna lay off watering for a bit. My main questions are:
How much above the plants do I hide 120w lights?
What should I buy to feed them?
How often should I feed and water them?

First thing I noticed was your lighting man, those bulbs should not be used for growing. They get way too hot. You should get some cfl bulbs (the twisted looking kind), they are way more efficient and will be more effective than what you are using. Get some with a rating of 6700k or blue light for growing and grab the 2700k's for flowering. They really are cheap too like $10 for four.

What kind of soil is that? Did you mix it with anything? And what about nutrients?

What kind of sockets do I need for those? The ones there probably wont work eh? And we bought a bag of potting soil, we havent mixed it with anything yet besides the dirt that came with the clones.

Also how many watts should the CFLs be?

And also we have no nutrients yet, I heard you arent supposed to give any fertilizer/nutrients for the first 3 weeks? What kind of nutrients will we need? And how do we apply them?

The cfl's will run off of a standard socket, I just bought some work light reflectors from walmart and some socket splitters that allow you to put two plugs in one socket. You can find those at home depot. The 26w bulbs are around $10 for four or sometimes they have bigger ones for a little more. Grab some of those reflectors and four to eight of those bulbs.

Back to your soil, what brand of bagged mix and what is the blend.
*I was making sure you weren't feeding them too early and it was a simple case of nute burn*

Sup bro,
Get urelf some cfl lights, they are cheap and you can place them close to ur plants. I put copy paper on my walls and it works great. I used {MG} soil and 24-8-16{MG}nutes. I also did not put any nutes on my plants until week 3 that me. Seems to work fine for me. Hope this helps..

We are using Schultz Professional Potting Soil,it contains pearlite and a couple other things, I would check but the bag is at my buddies house. and what do you mean by 24-8-16 nutes? How would I go purchasing this and applying it lol

if you look at ur nute bottle or box it will have the N-P-K rating on it. It's the nutes combination in the mix. Nitrogen/patasium/ phouraus. I know I did not spell it right but who cares. You can also look at ur potting soil bag and it will say what it contains. I picked my up at Lowes for about 6 bucks for the nutes and about 13 for the MG potting mix and pearlite. I use MG but alot of people will down play it. I hope this helps.

Hay I understand about 2 months ago I was the same way. Sometimes I still ask what people mean when they are talking on this site..lol

I was not trying to be rude in my last message, sorry if it came across like that..

I'd deffinately get rid of those heat lamps, and tin foil. Get some CFL'S or even flourescents, if you want some good nutes that are cheap, Id get the Technaflora recipe for success starter kit, it runs about 30 bucks and has everything you need and then some.
Your gonna be alot better off also if you do some reading, I did about 3-4 months of research B4 starting. If you can find, or if someone has a link for you I'd download the Greg Green Cannabis grow bible 4th edition. Its got tons of info, and is extremely helpful. There's a ton of free info all over the net, Not to mention just the huge plethora of info on this site we are on.. Good luck man, I hope I've been a little helpful, And your on the right track, by just asking ?'s...

sup fireneeb, looks like to much water got your clone sorry, ok i'm gonna give you some advice that i did not have on my first try @ growing, i know you said you and your buddies need to do this with not much money well when i did my first grow i was in the same boat as you and your buddies, if you can between you and your buddies 1 of you should have some potting soil at your house's any kind will do (remember this is a low budget grow were on the scavenger hunt now)what ever potting soil you guys come up with between you 99% chance that it will have nutes in it, put the potting soil in your extra pot the one the clone died in, make sure your pot has a lot of holes in bottom for drainage you could also find some rocks and put some on bottom of pot for extra drainage transplant your clone, make sure you read the potting soil bag if it says anywhere on the bag feeds your plants your good, make sure when you trans plant to water 1st time pretty good then wait, ok heres the hard part when you think its ready to water again wait 1 more day, find some lights cfl even ones from your own house's will work, like datripp said take down the foil it will give you hot spots, dont worry about nutes, just water and light

since the potting soil has nutes in it dont worry about feeding you just need light and water and darkness thats it, when this plant gets about 14" to 16" thats when you put the light on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours till done, i know i was so broke when i did my first grow ever and you know what it worked i had 1 plant water and cfls and i got almost 1 ounce from my little first time grow, just remember easy on water and put your lights if they are cfls pretty close this is as cheap as it gets and it works

Back
Top Bottom