First time grower plant problems?!

Hillbudda

Alright so my babies are a month old now and are growing like crazy but recently I have had a few issues.. Let me start off saying I have had to use my brother for some help due to having ra so not eeVeRything is as I would havE it. He bought sunshine 4 and mixed with nothing else and I think he really packed the dirt in more than it should've so it hold water.. We had an issue with thrIps which is now better with sns203 and sand on top of soil!!! I water 4-5 cups of water ever 3-5 days depending on how plants look and am starting to get a schedule.. I have kept a grow journal sine beginning of March when started from seed.
I ph test all water with and without neuts as well as runoff keeping between 6 and 6.5.
My room is 8x6x8 and my 400 light is 2-2.5 feet from plants
6 inch inline fan venting out and a filtered hole for fresh air as weLl as an oscillating fan..
I have done a lot of research so I have some ideas what is going on but thought I would ask those of you out there with a lil more experience before messing with to much...
Until about a week ago I was spraying with ph'd water until I did some reading and stopped so it could be part of the problem..
I have twisting leaves, orangish spots, and some with white spots and little holes as well.
image22730.jpg

Re: First time grower plant problems?!?

First thing is do a flush with strait ph'd ro water. Water them until you get runoff. skip a day and do it again. The twisting leaves is probably ph. Run it at around 5.5 to 5.8. The rusty looking leaves is magnesium. What are you running for nutes and cal-mag? I use botanicare cal-mag and it works well. after the flush skip a day and use 10 mils cal-mag to a gallon of water, skip another day the feed as normal but keep the call mag at 10 mils until the new leaves show no sign of problems.

Right now we haven't used any cal mag but I will be headed to get some today!! We have been using roots organic for veg stage neuts (probably switch next time). I just flushed my plants with ph of 6 last night so should I do it again with a lower ph tomorrow?!?
Thanks for the advice I appreciate thbudking!!!

If you flushed it already just start with the cal mag. Several companies make a similar product
In veg I run my base nutes, 5 ml per gal cal mag then last 2 weeks veg I add silica and a root enzyme. I find soil to be a bit less forgiving. I run dwc or pure coco. Always had issues with soil similar to yours. Just my opinion.

If you flushed it already just start with the cal mag. Several companies make a similar product
In veg I run my base nutes, 5 ml per gal cal mag then last 2 weeks veg I add silica and a root enzyme. I find soil to be a bit less forgiving. I run dwc or pure coco. Always had issues with soil similar to yours. Just my opinion.

How often should I feed calmag once my plants are healthy? Never heard of silica will it be at grow store?? What is dwc???

I give cal mag every feeding. If you flush no cal mag only ph ro water. You can get silica at any hydroponics store, it will help the plant with stress as wel as making the limbs stronger. If you do a scrog it will help when training your plants. DWC is deep water culture. You don't use dirt, it grows in nutrient water that is airated. There is a section in the forums and a lot of info on YouTube. DWC is my favorite method. I use coco when I am testing different nutes or I am growing for seeds.

Back
Top Bottom