First time grower. With Pics and questions

Phernaldo

Hey so this is my first time ever growing. Super Ghetto setup. I had only 1 fluorescent above it for the first week. Today I put two more beside them. They are not warm at all so the distance should be okay. My question is do they look alright to you? The front one and top right ones are slightly curling down. Mainly the circular leafs on them. This is there 7th day from germination. I was also thinking of putting them outside for the rest of the grow. In about a week or 2 when they are a little bigger. I appreciate any input.
IMG_1196_1_.JPG
IMG_1199_1_1.JPG
IMG_1198_1_1.JPG
IMG_1197_1_.JPG

Your cfl looks close enough, I dunno about that ghetto soil tho, what kind of nutrients are you using? None should be used at this point. Just water. They look nice and stretchy! Lol. You will have to transplant eventually, do it when they are still small. Just grab the whole root mass in a handful of dirt.

Hi Phernaldo,

Welcome to the 420 Magazine site and community of members that gathers here.

I think your plants look fine so far. I'd like to respectfully suggest you get those plants into separate pots as soon as possible. Multiple plants in the same container is an invitation for issues not far down the line. Also have to agree the growing medium looks a little suspect. Lots of bark and not much else in there that I can see. If available and affordable you might look to upgrade to slightly better soil and amend with enough perlite so the final mix is about 30% perlite.

Happy growing!

Your cfl looks close enough, I dunno about that ghetto soil tho, what kind of nutrients are you using? None should be used at this point. Just water. They look nice and stretchy! Lol. You will have to transplant eventually, do it when they are still small. Just grab the whole root mass in a handful of dirt.

Not using any Nuts yet. The soil is just regular miracle grow potting soil. Like I said this is my first time growing so I kind of just jumped in without to much preparation. In about another week I'm going to transplant them into the ground in this open field guerrilla style. I can't really keep them in the house for to much longer. You think they will be okay when I do this? Also I've read that if you want to flower you should do 24 hours darkness first to speed up the process. So I was going to do that then after the 24 hours, plant them outside like I said. All that sound legit?

Hi Phernaldo,

Welcome to the 420 Magazine site and community of members that gathers here.

I think your plants look fine so far. I'd like to respectfully suggest you get those plants into separate pots as soon as possible. Multiple plants in the same container is an invitation for issues not far down the line. Also have to agree the growing medium looks a little suspect. Lots of bark and not much else in there that I can see. If available and affordable you might look to upgrade to slightly better soil and amend with enough perlite so the final mix is about 30% perlite.

Happy growing!

I appreciate the feedback. I will def. look into some new soil. At about two weeks old I"m thinking of putting them outside in this perfect spot I know of. I can't really keep them in my house much longer. Do you think they will be find outside at 2 weeks old?

Depends on your seasons. Temp, light hours during day... Try the edge of feild since you only have that many. Check what edge of the feild gets the most sun during the whole day. Your looking for trouble putting them in the middle. Stolen, cops, helicopters, etc.

Back
Top Bottom