First time grower

bklynmd

this is the first time that i'm growing. i germinated my seeds, after they sprouted i placed them in rockwool. i placed the rockwool in my dome and filled it half way with water. after almost a week, 2 out of 12 that i placed in the dome grew ( stem with leaves ). what i did was grain the dome. now i water when needed. my question is did the rest of my seeds die?
can anyone help?

More then likely.. Shoulda soaked the 1in rockwool in ph balanced water squeezed them out a bit, laced the seeds then placed them into the dome without filling it halfway.. Placing water in the dome is likely where things went bad IMHO..

A very professional grower on this sight told me not to use a humidity dome for seedlings just clones this made my germination rate
sky rocket. Next time just try without the dome and put the brightest light you can get over them at a safe distance of course.

The reason for the humidity dome for cloning is to stop the evaporation of water/fluids in the leaves(transpiration) this lets the roots
concentrate on forming/growing and not supplying water to the leaves.

When your sprouting seeds once they hatch they are searching for water and nutes and if you give them an overly moist environment
this slows the whole process down. Don't give up on the seeds to early they still may hatch.

Remember some seeds are just duds! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom