Not sure my 2nd grow.Please help

stuemm4u

Hey guys, I just planted my seeds that has popped in rockwool and placed them inside a home made dome...My question is....Should the dome be air tight, or should air be flowing thru @ all times....@ the current moment I'm keeping it air tight and I open the top to let air flow 4 times a day....But moisture is building up on the dome....Is this also normal?:slide::peace::slide::popcorn:

Re: Not sure my 2nd grow...Please help

I left mine air tight and had the same moisture build up. I don't think this had any negative effect (although this is my first time growing anything inside). The only thing I recommend (learn from my mistakes!) is to ensure they're getting enough light in the dome. I started my seedlings off with a T5 fixture sitting on top of the dome, but didn't think to set my rockwool starter cubes on anything so I had a bit of stretch as there was about 7-8 inches between the sprouts and the top of the cube. This wouldn't have been such a problem, but I wanted them in the cube for 2 weeks before planting in my perlite/vermiculite mix. You can leave the dome air-tight for about a week and then slowly start to vent the dome for the next few days to a week to allow them to adjust. Good luck!

Re: Not sure my 2nd grow...Please help

Seed do not need the dome at all. Clones, however, do. ;-) The dome is to create a high humidity environment for clones, which is what they need. The rockwool should be kept damp and in a warm environment in order to properly grow seedlings.

Back
Top Bottom