First time growing... slight trouble

scannerDARKLY

Ok well this was by far more of a learning experience than anything else, i was not the most organized and probably shouldve read up a bit more before doing but too late now... so i started the plants in smaller pots using a medium of 1/3 peat, 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 perlite. For nutes ive been using 10/10/10 and then an organic fish fertilizer that is 4/1/1 to boost the nitrogen. So its been about 5-6 weeks since transplanting to the ground and i have 8 plants growing and still no sign of sex what so ever (that i can make out.) These were getting huge and yesterday i trimmed them up a bit, topping off everyone to shorten it slightly and encourage outward growth and i also cut away all of the bigger fan leaves that were blocking much sunlight to the rest of the plants. the two largest plants are about 4.5 ft and all the others are 3-4 ft.

I think that one thing that may of caused me trouble was the fact that when i put them out i didnt have any timing for the veg stage, the light/dark timing was the daytime/nightime hours and has remained that ever since. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

A. It's not too late to read a grow book.
B. Don't remove fan leaves.
C. Outdoors, most strains don't start budding until mid-Aug.
D. I suggest that you start reading up on
-when to switch nutes
-what N-P-K is best for flowering
-harvesting, drying and curing techniques.

So since i trimmed the fan leaves is this going to be somthing that affects the yield greatly or is it early enough that it wont hurt it so bad?

I appreciate the info also but this still didnt answer my question as to why there are no signs of sex, are you saying that the sex wont show untill they start budding?

scannerDARKLY said:
So since i trimmed the fan leaves is this going to be somthing that affects the yield greatly or is it early enough that it wont hurt it so bad?

I appreciate the info also but this still didnt answer my question as to why there are no signs of sex, are you saying that the sex wont show untill they start budding?

If you screwed the pooch ... you'll know in the next few days ...
They will die.
It's early enough ... depending on where ya' are, that I should effct the yeild.

Sure He did .... Mid-Aug... don't start worryin' till Sept...
you want those first cold nights before the first frost :)
mine being Mid Oct. first hard freeze ...

yeah im in iowa, i hope it doesnt screw it so bad, i left them on two of the plants so theres a little back up there...

im going to wait and straight water untill they start growing healthy again then would it be ok to switch to a flowering fertilizer with higher phosporous? Or should i wait untill they start budding?

Don't switch to a flowering nute until week 3 of flowereing, which is when you see the females start to form buds.
What do you have against reading a grow book? You'll get a lot better grip on whats goin on and end up with more better bud.

Ok thanks for all the advice guys i appreciate it. Im going to Barnes and Noble today to check out their grow books and i'll see what i can find.

Back
Top Bottom