First time hobbyist at best, so this is my drying space: Yikes

radrichie61

Hi and thanks. I had been asking a lot of questions and now I am trying to just research and try. I will learn the right way. I did ask so much at first I felt like shit and saw someone say “I’m not asking for anyone to manage my grow just…”. I don’t want to be that guy.

However, I have one more question. I am confident at what I intend to do with harvest, trim, dry, and mason jar cure and burp. I did this for fun and will be glad to get what I get, but I don’t want a lot of work to go to waste.

My question, finally.

Is the picture of the shed I have in the backyard look ok. I will block off that window, and after reading more, and responses here, may place a small room heater I use in my garage in there. It’s called a Vornado😎. I have attached a pic of it. It works great in my garage when it is cold and has a great fan. Regulates temp very well and I can adjust enough things to keep it the right temp I am pretty sure. Humidity though? All the way through the end of October humidity remains high. Living in Coastal NC, especially the outer banks, is humid! But I got what I got and that’s it. Only spent about $250 on all of it, so the money part is not a biggie. I just don’t want to waste my effort, even if I never smoke it. Which I can’t wait to do.

Addendum, here is a screenshot of where the weather for October 2020.
0605126A-C397-457D-8A21-7A0A1150F779.png

2F5B9827-2C3E-4B9C-84A6-A237A585DF1B.jpeg
7938A223-80BC-4B2F-9A30-00092F5D65D3.jpeg
59F0808C-236F-4B2E-9EDF-8E658879D673.png

Maybe the heater/fan will be useful to do the initial drying, but it will cure nicely in a fridge so there is no need to keep it warm thereafter, just the fan will be fine until it's ready for the jar - too much heat too quickly will make it crispy and harsh
I'd consider drying out the shed for a couple of days beforehand to make sure there is no residual damp, otherwise mold is a potential

Your almanac shows optimal conditions to grow mold. You need 60f and 60rh for 14 days in the dark. Then your weed is ready to jar—no need to burp. Dehumidifier, humidifier, roll around AC and space heater is probably what you need in that shed.

Yes, that should work. Your average R/H is OK, a little high, but it's probably lower inside the shed, the 90% humidity is a lot! Your temps are good. I would use the fan, not the heater.
That was my plan so feeling more confident. Did not plan on the heat part except maybe a smidge if it gets too cool. Real quick, I am a few weeks away and want to pump up my K. I have muriate of potash but was told it is insoluble. I am using Mother Earth bloom @ 2-4-4 and Alaska Morebloom @ 0-10-10.

How is the balance on that? I think it should be more K than P at this stage. I know it should if the countless things I have read are right and I read it right. Do you have any advice you could share on my situation? Such as keep the same, K is already hi enough, bail on the 0-10-10 booster, apply that muriate I have, go find some soluable potash and mix it in? Shit I really just want to finish out right. I am also using on alternating cycles from my nutes, roots organic microbe charge and roots org bloom. If you want to throw out an opin, cool thanks. If not, hey thanks for reading my ramblings.

FYI, here is my tiny garden on Monday. I don’ think to shabby considering I knew only how to germinate a seed, that’s it and I got to here. Proud pop, that’s for sure. Never could have done it without all you guys out there being kind enough to answer and tolerate the countless questions from folks like me. That gave me the confirmation many times on what I read and ran with! Killa

Rich in OBX
F8E50DEF-D127-4928-AB00-3B75FC9E53A3.jpeg
E109E29A-3040-4808-AC75-C9C7B8A016AC.jpeg
F34C622A-E103-4725-970F-0E0CF1983920.jpeg
8483FAB2-032E-42B3-A93A-EA194D0960E4.jpeg
32DC6324-5E54-4AF9-A1B3-F49F1459AD4A.jpeg
53F8EBF3-C4CD-42D1-A964-D996BC711D9F.jpeg
548E61FB-3B7E-4241-9B57-0A9F18CDBC80.jpeg

Watch the R/H closely, 90% is waay too high, but the 60-70% will work, just keep an eye out for mold/rot. Good air flow is essential for curing. Your plants look really nice, I can't comment on the nutes, because I've never used those. Seems to have enough P, and, K, combined, it's 2-14-14. I wouldn't tweak things too much. If it aint broke, don't fix it!

I agree, no heat. I am going to go get a cheap hygrometer and start monitoring it and log it. So, RH lower inside, cool. I will let you know and get thoughts again. Preesh man.
Yes, that should work. Your average R/H is OK, a little high, but it's probably lower inside the shed, the 90% humidity is a lot! Your temps are good. I would use the fan, not the heater.

Watch the R/H closely, 90% is waay too high, but the 60-70% will work, just keep an eye out for mold/rot. Good air flow is essential for curing. Your plants look really nice, I can't comment on the nutes, because I've never used those. Seems to have enough P, and, K, combined, it's 2-14-14. I wouldn't tweak things too much. If it aint broke, don't fix it!
Yeah, I agree, was trying to confirm that it is not essential to have K>P. I will certainly keep N way low . Going to keep a close eye on it and possibly buy a cheap humidifier.

Lord that’s what you get typing on the forum, the same time you’re talking to your wife, while you’re on a business trip. Yes I meant dehumidifier lol.

Back
Top Bottom