First Time Hydro need help!

EzExtractions

ok guys so im doing a 1gal hempy , i tried to get the mix 75%P to 25%V. right now they have been drinking bpn 3 part nutrient solution veg 1. They have had it for a while though, how do i flush? do i just run plain pH'd water through the hempy buckets ? and do i keep the plain water in the hempy buckets or do i fill it back up with nutrient water, after i flush the media?

Also my pH levels keep going up in my res. they were at 5.5 yesterday, now they are at 6.0. I check it with 2 pH meters and they both reading the same thing. Is it possible for the pH to change?:peace:

Also my pH levels keep going up in my res. they were at 5.5 yesterday, now they are at 6.0. I check it with 2 pH meters and they both reading the same thing. Is it possible for the pH to change?:peace:

It is normal for the pH to vary on a daily basis. The changes that you are seeing sound about right. You should establish an ideal pH - let's say 5.8, and then try to keep that in the center of the daily fluctuations. For example, your pH is varying by .5 every day. Divide that in half and subtract from your "ideal" pH value. So 5.8 - .25 = 5.6; And 5.8 + .25 = 6.1.

So you should adjust the pH to an initial value of 5.6. Check it at the end of the "day" and it should rise to about 6.0 to 6.1. At that point, use pH down to adjust back to 5.6.

Depending on the size of the reservior, age of the plants, and etc. you will find that as time goes along the water will stabilize somewhere close to a pH of 5.8.

:goodluck:

maybe i should only mix up a few gallons of water in my res, because the plants are not drinking that much, and the water literately just sits in the res and i have to add pH down to it every day to bring hte pH down, and then i dont even use the water. So i guess i should be making up smaller batches of pH'd water and just using it when i have to. (I just liked the idea of having a 5 gal res for water on demand, but if my pH levels keep changing then im not going to fill it up to max capacity.

also the pH in my hempy buckets was like over 6.8pH. Obviously this is not good but if the pH is going up while its just sitting in the bottom of my hempy bucket i cant really do anything about it.

Am i suppose to flush my hempy buckets with fresh pH'd water every day or something???

Thanks for your help so far

Back
Top Bottom