First time indoor grow

Greenlover33

420 Member
I have been looking at threads and see that it looks like my plants aren't where they should be at a week and a half. Given that do to medical has just been legalized in my state this year, and can't yet get a card, I am using beans that I have collected from not so "proper" channels lol I could not tell you what strain they are and have multiple I'm sure. I have been using two 65W led grow bulbs in clamp lights and just bought a 300W led full spectrum from wattshine. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

I have been looking at threads and see that it looks like my plants aren't where they should be at a week and a half. Given that do to medical has just been legalized in my state this year, and can't yet get a card, I am using beans that I have collected from not so "proper" channels lol I could not tell you what strain they are and have multiple I'm sure. I have been using two 65W led grow bulbs in clamp lights and just bought a 300W led full spectrum from wattshine. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
I'm afraid we're going to need a little more information. A few pictures would really help so we can see just how far behind you are or not. If you were growing with 65 watt LED bulbs more than likely that is the problem. Pictures would really help along with what it is planted with and what food if any you have given it and how you water it and how often.

They just don't seem to be filling out. Sorry it didn't load the first time around for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_20190108_230811524_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190108_230811524_HDR.jpg
    701.7 KB · Views: 39
They are way too small to be watering every 2 days. You need to let the cup dry out in between waterings otherwise you will cause parts of your soil to Decay and become acidic. Let the cups dry out between watering. With a Seedling that small in that cup you should probably only need to water once a week and that would be excessive. They definitely need more light

The brand name is Wattshine
Another thing you will have to learn fast is that led marketers mislead people that are new to this and don't know any better. They say that is a 300w LED but it is not. How they get away with saying it as a 300w LED is like this. It has 60 LEDs inside of it and each LED is a 5 watt LED okay? So 60 * 5 watts would be 300w right? This is true however if they ran them at 5 Watts they would burn out very very quickly. They run them at roughly 40% of their rating so they last a long time. You're LED after looking it up actually consumes 130 Watts. That light will be fine by itself over your seedlings. Hang that light about 18 in over the top of the seedlings and you will start seeing changes in your plants in a few days. I don't know what size tent you are growing in but you will definitely need more led to bring those plants to potential soon. Can you tell me what size grow area you are growing in? Then I can tell you how to size LEDs correctly for your grow area.

It is a 4 X4 X79, and I do understand how LED'S work that's why I assumed the two 65W LED plant lights which is 130W total would be fine to start then adding the 300W LED actual 130W later would be sufficient for another 3 to 4 weeks until I could afford a 600W actual 260W along with the 130W would top out at 390W. I'm not arguing just telling you my thinking and if it's right or wrong. I really do appreciate your advice and will use it.

It is a 4 X4 X79, and I do understand how LED'S work that's why I assumed the two 65W LED plant lights which is 130W total would be fine to start then adding the 300W LED actual 130W later would be sufficient for another 3 to 4 weeks until I could afford a 600W actual 260W along with the 130W would top out at 390W. I'm not arguing just telling you my thinking and if it's right or wrong. I really do appreciate your advice and will use it.
Glad you have an understanding of it. That's quite a head start on many! With LED minimum recommended actual wattage for flowering is 35-40 watts per square feet with 45-50 actual watts per square feet optimal. You have 16 square feet so you know where to be. I totally understand the finances when your just starting to grow so don't worry about that. Just put that 130 watt LED about 18in above all of your cups for now and that will do just fine for the next little while anyways.

Back
Top Bottom