First time poster, first time grower

A little update...

Re-potted the amnesia into a larger pot with Mother Earth groundswell soil and perlite; topped her again.
Been feeding her straight ph’d water no nutes. She looks like she’s doing okay I would guess.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    797 KB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
Just a heads up, your in early stages of bloom, it looks like maybe two weeks or less, You will need to feed when buds are set which is usually Day 21-25. You have fairly thin leaves so just wait until she stops stretching, it may be 30 days for all i know with that strain. Don't go crazy on bloom nutes when they are stretching, I give my plants some Bloom(phosphorus) in transition from Veg to Flower, but in LOW doses, it helps with lateral branching and rooting. Phosphorus and Calcium are the building blocks for super healthy plants. Also, sometimes Sativa leaning pheno's don't like high doses of N so start out weak to mild and go from there. If you see slight tipping of the leaves, back off. GL to you and the Haze she looks back on track to me.

Just a heads up, your in early stages of bloom, it looks like maybe two weeks or less, You will need to feed when buds are set which is usually Day 21-25. You have fairly thin leaves so just wait until she stops stretching, it may be 30 days for all i know with that strain. Don't go crazy on bloom nutes when they are stretching, I give my plants some Bloom(phosphorus) in transition from Veg to Flower, but in LOW doses, it helps with lateral branching and rooting. Phosphorus and Calcium are the building blocks for super healthy plants. Also, sometimes Sativa leaning pheno's don't like high doses of N so start out weak to mild and go from there. If you see slight tipping of the leaves, back off. GL to you and the Haze she looks back on track to me.
Yup, she's in the stage I call "bud set".
I give 10-30-20 feed every day to 900 PPM for fifteen days of bud set.
Then back to regular feed.

I’m not trying to rain on your parade but those buds aren’t set. Bud set means vertical growth is over and you have nice little flower bulbs on each node. Your plant has a few hairs and I bet there still growing vertically.

I’m not trying to rain on your parade but those buds aren’t set. Bud set means vertical growth is over and you have nice little flower bulbs on each node. Your plant has a few hairs and I bet there still growing vertically.
Agree.
But set has begun.
It is a process that takes about 15 days (indoors).
They are not yet set ... during the process she needs more PK.

You will know when you have slight frost happening and no vertical growth. Don't get crazy with the PK and you'll be good. Don't cut off Nitrogen to early, totally I mean, lower amounts. I feed N all the way until week 7 and still fade out NICE. I want to see her finish... keep us updated. :yummy:

Agree.
But set has begun.
It is a process that takes about 15 days (indoors).
They are not yet set ... during the process she needs more PK.
I just meant when the buds are fully set, FEED away is all. There is a big difference in progression form early transition bloom to set and building buds. Here is my Outdoor girls for example. Set to me means no vertical growth happening anymore, and it's time to positively charge that soil. I guess the term is thrown around differently these days, all good... transition to me beginning set for you. I didn't want the OP thinking he was that far into bloom, i t's early yet. :volcano-smiley:

I just meant when the buds are fully set, FEED away is all. There is a big difference in progression form early transition bloom to set and building buds. Here is my Outdoor girls
There's a thousand ways to grow this plant - 998 of them are just fine.
And .. outdoors is a way different plant.

This is the running chart on a 12 light room full of Afghan Kush. The black numbers on the left is the number of days in flower. The number that is circled is the phase of the plants life. Bud set lasts 15 days and starts (usually) 15 days after flip. During this critical time I feed every day to runoff with 10-30-20, two oz Epsom salts (in 85 gallons), to 950 PPM.
The three numbers are: PPM feed/Ph feed/PPM CO2

IMG_0258.jpg

This is what the plants look like during 'but set period'.

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

That made you sad johnnie?

Do you do anything special DURING the bud set period?
(I notices I wrote "but" set above. LoL. I meant bud set.)
you can follow some of johnnie's journals which can be found in his signature.
The plant is starting to look allot better. Good call on repotting it.

There's a thousand ways to grow this plant - 998 of them are just fine.
And .. outdoors is a way different plant.

This is the running chart on a 12 light room full of Afghan Kush. The black numbers on the left is the number of days in flower. The number that is circled is the phase of the plants life. Bud set lasts 15 days and starts (usually) 15 days after flip. During this critical time I feed every day to runoff with 10-30-20, two oz Epsom salts (in 85 gallons), to 950 PPM.
The three numbers are: PPM feed/Ph feed/PPM CO2

IMG_0258.jpg

This is what the plants look like during 'but set period'.

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg
I put up the sad emoji because I wasn't trying to compare or confuse the OP about his or her plant. I grow High Brix style(my own mix) so everything is timed and I'm not knockin' anyone's technique here at all, that's not my goal or my personality. I've grown in coco(co2), flood & drain(GH),supersoil, foxfarm bagged soil with liquid nutrients... etc... At the end of the day, it's about having a successful grow and building confidence to feel comfortable to replicate the results. I like to experiment personally, I have that luxury since I'm back logged with jars, but you are correct... you can feed during bloom set, but it isn't the same feeding as say Week 5-7 where your hitting them pretty hard. I don't give my plants any plain water until the end, but I feed in smaller doses and two different drenches along with a scheduled foliar spray(Week 3-6) regimen. Week 8 in my situation or setup is fairly heavy Bloom, Micro, and pure cane sugar/syrup. Soil and Coco is two different animals and confusion can happen between the two with PPM's and PH which isn't a factor in a mineralized soil that buffers the PH for you. All good, I didn't want you to think I hit you with the SAD emotion like your plants are horrible or something. They look Sativa leaning, did you defol already it's hard to tell. Good Vibes! :meditate:

Damn dudes it’s like reading a battle of the best farmers here. NIIIICE!!

since my first post, I learned how to use my meters better. Instead of following guides written by other people for other products.

Since then I fed my amnesia straight PH’d water @ 6.3, so just in case it rises for some reasons between waterings. It wouldn’t rise too much. At least that’s my thought.

Yesterday I noticed she was yellowing old leaves faster than the other day. So I jacked up her nutes and fed her with 1 tsp/gal grow big and 3tsp/gal of tiger bloom. ph@ 5.48 ppm 1248.

Her runoff was ph 6.6 and 1089 ppm.

1599939281251.png

Should I keep raising my led lights on my plants as they grow or do the lights help keep them more compact?? I try to keep my p300 atleast 12” at all times during flower. But I’d be damned if she wasn’t stretching towards that light still.

And is there a way to make a small batch of nutes to feed between feedings to adjust nute problems on first sight??? Just not trying to overwater you know.

Don't worry about losing water leaves, it gets dense in the canopy and it happens. My Outdoor plants defoliate themselves, I lose hundreds of fan/water leaves, it's what happens when there in full flower producing mode and the leaf has done it's job(If leaves close to buds are yellow, that's NOT normal). And no, I wasn't trying to battle anyone, big difference between Onset and SET, just a communication breakdown... but uh... NO... WE know we grow the best out here in CA! :rofl:

Your plant looks healthy, keep doing watcha' doin' friend. :bong:

Back
Top Bottom