New grower & first time poster

Welcome @KingMidas I grew my first grow in soil and it was bad right from day 1, ohhh I so much to learn, lol. I have been growing DWC every grow after and I learn new things all the time. Really it comes down to your preference, I just find dwc easier as others do not. This can get to be an expensive venture but you will get your money back over time. Pic I took today and one a month ago, in the same 4x4 tent, cheap but serves the purpose. Todays is date stamped.

DSC_0104.JPG

20210122_141303.jpg

:welcome: @KingMidas :passitleft:

Hey everyone im looking for advice on the best 4X4 indoor hydro set up. I'm a first time grower and looking to see what everyone uses and works best for them! Thank you in advance everyone and looking forward to all the advice!!!
I tried my hand at hydro, did pretty good with it, but now I'm in FFOF and all the BS of PHing, PPMs, etc...etc...35 gallons of water on the floor :rofl::rofl:
Yep give me some good soil and nutrients, and stand back and watch them grow :thumb::morenutes::morenutes:

One thing that you do NOT want to scrimp on is lighting. I started with 2 cheap 600 watt led lights that cost $100.00 each from Amazon, then 2-1000 watt lights @ $100.00 each, both was heavy red spectrum, then I bought 4-1000 watt sunlike lights that was equivalent to a 250 watt HPS @ $100.00 each but they only had a 2.5' flowering footprint. I then bought the Mixjoy 4000 and it is equivalent to a 1000 watt HPS and has a flowering area of 4'x4', this light costs $550.00 and worth every penny. I seen a difference in my plant after 2 hours under it so I bought another one. The stronger light intensity made my buds more plentiful and nice and tight as opposed to the airy buds I used to get. There are lighting sponsors here and I suggest you make the right purchase at the get go instead of forking out hundreds of dollars before getting what you need for lighting.

Hey everyone im looking for advice on the best 4X4 indoor hydro set up. I'm a first time grower and looking to see what everyone uses and works best for them! Thank you in advance everyone and looking forward to all the advice!!!
Welcome my friend. :welcome: Have a look at our sponsors for all your equipment needs.

Similar to DrillerJoe’s story..... I started with T5 lights, then went to 315 cmh, it didi ok but then I upgraded to 600 watt hps. Finally got a pair of white light Mars SP250‘s. Don’t piss around and waste money, get a white light led (not blurple)

Similar to Mochabuds’ ditty, I started with net pots and dwc and killed a bunch of stuff so I converted to soil and never looked back. But if I was going to do hydro it’s hard to beat Bluter and the hempy crew for low cost and simplicity. They grow in cheap dollar store 1 or 2 gallon plastic garbage cans using perlite only there’s none of that crap fussing about plumbing, pumps or reservoirs. Here’s link >>> Bluters’ Journal

Similar to DrillerJoe’s story..... I started with T5 lights, then went to 315 cmh, it didi ok but then I upgraded to 600 watt hps. Finally got a pair of white light Mars SP250‘s. Don’t piss around and waste money, get a white light led (not blurple)

Similar to Mochabuds’ ditty, I started with net pots and dwc and killed a bunch of stuff so I converted to soil and never looked back. But if I was going to do hydro it’s hard to beat Bluter and the hempy crew for low cost and simplicity. They grow in cheap dollar store 1 or 2 gallon plastic garbage cans using perlite only there’s none of that crap fussing about plumbing, pumps or reservoirs. Here’s link >>> Bluters’ Journal
Great, you guys scared him away....

One more thing to consider when starting up. Most breakers are 15 amps, all new items have a wattage on them, take what it says and add 10%, so if it says 500 watt + 10%=550. This gives you a safety margin, it would really blow if ya got all geared up and burnt your house down because of overloaded circuits. Maybe you already know this and maybe you don't so here is a chart to help with your math.

Watts To Amps Table 120210308.jpg

One thing that you do NOT want to scrimp on is lighting. I started with 2 cheap 600 watt led lights that cost $100.00 each from Amazon, then 2-1000 watt lights @ $100.00 each, both was heavy red spectrum, then I bought 4-1000 watt sunlike lights that was equivalent to a 250 watt HPS @ $100.00 each but they only had a 2.5' flowering footprint. I then bought the Mixjoy 4000 and it is equivalent to a 1000 watt HPS and has a flowering area of 4'x4', this light costs $550.00 and worth every penny. I seen a difference in my plant after 2 hours under it so I bought another one. The stronger light intensity made my buds more plentiful and nice and tight as opposed to the airy buds I used to get. There are lighting sponsors here and I suggest you make the right purchase at the get go instead of forking out hundreds of dollars before getting what you need for lighting.
Are you still really happy with your Mixjoy light?

Awesome. Mines arriving next week. Thanks!
sorry for the quick reply, my furnace blew up last Friday and i have been dealing with that, sure wish that I was outside to see the fire ball that came out of my flu. lol. The only complaint that I had about the light was the cheap box it came in, I wrote a review on amazon to that effect and my next one came packed in a big amazon box. Here is a couple of pics , one from March 3 and one from today, same plants but I changed out the small lights on the 4th and put the mixjoy in the tent. Almost 30 days growth, they really started feeding after I put the big light in. Both plants drink 4 liters each per 24 hour period.

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0406.JPG

sorry for the quick reply, my furnace blew up last Friday and i have been dealing with that, sure wish that I was outside to see the fire ball that came out of my flu. lol. The only complaint that I had about the light was the cheap box it came in, I wrote a review on amazon to that effect and my next one came packed in a big amazon box. Here is a couple of pics , one from March 3 and one from today, same plants but I changed out the small lights on the 4th and put the mixjoy in the tent. Almost 30 days growth, they really started feeding after I put the big light in. Both plants drink 4 liters each per 24 hour period.

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0406.JPG
Thanks man. Appreciate the info!

DSC_0104.JPG

DSC_0406.JPG
Good light and dwc dialed in= excellent buds! Nice job bro.

Back
Top Bottom