Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

Are those old oven racks?

yes they are.
i got them super cheap from a place that sells recycled appliances and building materials. they make good draining racks as well.

Congratulations on the chop, bluter! Look forward to hearing about how the different flowers smoke. My GG iteration just came down the other week so I'd be especially interested to compare notes on that.

Nice job on the clean up too!

i been in trim jail for the last couple days. everything came down a bit dry but i think i got there in time.
gorilla glue was pretty sticky. both the power plant and gorilla glue did a bit better for yield than what they looked when i brought them down.

this harvest is in the books ..

full

i actually got a bit more on this run than i thought would happen at chop. sativa bud structure had me fooled.

i wound up trimming and keeping more of the lower stuff than i had anticipated as well. all the bud , even the lower popcorns, on the powerplant and gorilla glue were piles more dense than anything i've done so far. i wound up trimming and keeping way more of the poor boy stuff from those than i normally would. it all helped fill up the jars

i tried to squeeze an extra day of hang time in but the low rh nearly killed it. i did get there in time, but not all the plants were at optimum for jarring, a few had gotten too dry. the powerplant were the driest, both them and the gorilla glue were well under optimum rh 2 hrs after jarring when i checked. so i used a little trick to help get the rh up the jars...

full

the larger stalks still had some moisture trapped in them. i cut a few up and slid them in the sides of the jars. it raised the humidity by 10 - 15% and got the drier ones in to a window for burping and stabilizing for cure and storage.

it's kind of a standard old trick. for whatever reason i haven't seen it here though. it helps pull the rh up so the boveda packs don't have to do the main lifting. it also helps preserve terpenes. the stalks have to get pulled once the jars are stable though ... or it can have the opposite effect.

:)

full

i actually got a bit more on this run than i thought would happen at chop. sativa bud structure had me fooled.

i wound up trimming and keeping more of the lower stuff than i had anticipated as well. all the bud , even the lower popcorns, on the powerplant and gorilla glue were piles more dense than anything i've done so far. i wound up trimming and keeping way more of the poor boy stuff from those than i normally would. it all helped fill up the jars

i tried to squeeze an extra day of hang time in but the low rh nearly killed it. i did get there in time, but not all the plants were at optimum for jarring, a few had gotten too dry. the powerplant were the driest, both them and the gorilla glue were well under optimum rh 2 hrs after jarring when i checked. so i used a little trick to help get the rh up the jars...

full

the larger stalks still had some moisture trapped in them. i cut a few up and slid them in the sides of the jars. it raised the humidity by 10 - 15% and got the drier ones in to a window for burping and stabilizing for cure and storage.

it's kind of a standard old trick. for whatever reason i haven't seen it here though. it helps pull the rh up so the boveda packs don't have to do the main lifting. it also helps preserve terpenes. the stalks have to get pulled once the jars are stable though ... or it can have the opposite effect.

I'm going to have to try this, thank you.
Using Boveda's to bring up the humidity can be an absolute taste killer.
Makes sense that it would save terps- it sucks to get that far with beautiful weed then lose taste because we're trying to keep the moisture up.
Boveda's are great most of the time, once it's more stable.
Good looking harvest there, B

I'm going to have to try this, thank you.
Using Boveda's to bring up the humidity can be an absolute taste killer.
Makes sense that it would save terps- it sucks to get that far with beautiful weed then lose taste because we're trying to keep the moisture up.
Boveda's are great most of the time, once it's more stable.
Good looking harvest there, B

i use them in tandem with the bovedas, but they will do it on their own.

i get klonked with low rh all the time. i grow primarily in the winter season here. rh settles in at 10 - 25% most of the time. i don't add humidifiers but have learned to work with it.

my grows would be nicer with a better rh. it stuffs my vpd numbers like you wouldn't believe. it also changes the approach for both hang and cure.

the stalks work great until the jars are stable. then you have to pull them. it only works if the stalks are higher rh than both the bovedas and bud they are jarred with. it helps halt the terpene killing tendency of using boveda packs alone in a dry jar.

forgot to to mention i bit the bullet and ordered some bud explosion from greenleaf nutrients.

and i am real unimpressed. haven't been able to get anything through the cdn side of their website, but was able to order and pay through a portal. turned out it was the US side of their site. however the cost ballooned 150% with 2/3 being shipping.

60 bucks for a kilo ... 15 for the BE itself, and 45 for shipping ... :straightface:

I hope it's worth it! I'm sure you could find something local that would do the same thing for you.

Harvest looks great, and Classico has always been my favorite marinara sauce, and with no sugar!

it's kind of a standard old trick. for whatever reason i haven't seen it here though.
Just came up earlier this month! ↓↓
In the past, I used freshly cut stalk to rehydrate with as it still holds a good bit of moisture in it.

I hope it's worth it! I'm sure you could find something local that would do the same thing for you.

Harvest looks great, and Classico has always been my favorite marinara sauce, and with no sugar!

you would think. there really wasn't much that excited me for pk boosters here. i went had a look at all the local places.
most of the stuff here was real strong and didn't look like it would play so well with the regular old MC. plus i didn't really feel like hauling out the syringes for measuring liquids again either. it'll be way easier to get my pops squared with the BE too.

i buy that brand of sauce whenever i find it on sale. i don't really have a favorite sauce, they have piles, and i almost always add it to seasoned ground beef which kind of defeats the point. i probably have 20 or more of those jars and the collection is growing .. :p

i can't figure how folk need to buy jars .. i got a case of quart jars as back up and they've been stored under my folks stairwell unopened for 2 yrs lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

full

full

What was the RH when first going into jars?

I messed up my timing in chop, typically 7 days hanging gives me 69-70rhbin jars that I'm constantly opening and leaving open for a few days. Of course I'll be gone on day 7 of hang and not home until early day 10..dumb, and a bit worried

What was the RH when first going into jars?

I messed up my timing in chop, typically 7 days hanging gives me 69-70rhbin jars that I'm constantly opening and leaving open for a few days. Of course I'll be gone on day 7 of hang and not home until early day 10..dumb, and a bit worried

that's close to perfect. i stop burping when they reach 62%.
i like to be able to burp them for a minimum of a wk though. i shoot for anywhere from 2 - 4 wks otherwise.

the rh in jars was just a little under 50% 2hrs after jarring. that was not quite enough, so i added the stalks.

Hey Bluter, lovely harvest you've just had, the trimmed plants looked fantastic! I really envy the look of them! I will do whole plant drying this year as it worked really well for me last year, but as much as I love the pics of wet trimmed plants I won't be able to make a nice presentation like that as I will do a dry trim only when ready to jar, to help the drying be as long and slow as possible.

Can you describe why you prefer Sativa? This year I am growing a Strawberry Cough which is said to be 80% Sativa so I am looking forward to what she's going to be able to bring to the table, in comparison to the other higher indica content strains. Cheers! :smokin:

Can you describe why you prefer Sativa? This year I am growing a Strawberry Cough which is said to be 80% Sativa so I am looking forward to what she's going to be able to bring to the table, in comparison to the other higher indica content strains. Cheers! :smokin:

hiya stunger.

sativas are a bit more uplifting and activity centered, and less couchlock in nature. that is a good match for adhd, sativas are often recommended for it. most of my stuff is medically slanted.

this is the first time i've run a flat out sativa though. everyone this run was sativa heavy, even the cbdream, but the powerplant were all out sativa. long run time. i have to flip the clones this wkend. 3 month commit.

hiya stunger.

sativas are a bit more uplifting and activity centered, and less couchlock in nature. that is a good match for adhd, sativas are often recommended for it. most of my stuff is medically slanted.

this is the first time i've run a flat out sativa though. everyone this run was sativa heavy, even the cbdream, but the powerplant were all out sativa. long run time. i have to flip the clones this wkend. 3 month commit.
You know, for the most part of my smoking life I have had no idea what sort of strain it was that I was smoking let alone whether it was Indica or Sativa. Some times we were told it was Columbian (a golden pressed weed and fantastic) or Thai or Nepalese weed but other than that, no idea at all, and that was so long ago.

So far I have only had 2 'named' strains of 'known' Sativa/Indica percentage. One was White Widow XTRM (Ind60/40) and the other Gorgonzola (30/70Sat). I found the WW stronger in the sense of being more stoned in the head where I felt challenged socially. The Gorgonzola seemed much the same but milder was all I noticed at the time. I had some male WW pollen that I used to make some regular WW x G cross seeds (45/55Sat), these I grew last year and the resulting high feels very nice, where I feel lifted and enhanced but at the same time very clear headed where it is easy and comfortable to do things with. It has become my favourite (out of a universe of 3 strains it can only be a tiny favourite). So I am curious about my Strawberry Cough which at 80% is nearly a 'full' Sativa, how similar or different to my 3 current strains will it be, will the weather allow her time to finish is another question too. I have heard great things about Super Lemon Haze as well. Have you been able to test out Powerplant yet? That is another popular Sativa name.

You know, for the most part of my smoking life I have had no idea what sort of strain it was that I was smoking let alone whether it was Indica or Sativa. Some times we were told it was Columbian (a golden pressed weed and fantastic) or Thai or Nepalese weed but other than that, no idea at all, and that was so long ago.

So far I have only had 2 'named' strains of 'known' Sativa/Indica percentage. One was White Widow XTRM (Ind60/40) and the other Gorgonzola (30/70Sat). I found the WW stronger in the sense of being more stoned in the head where I felt challenged socially. The Gorgonzola seemed much the same but milder was all I noticed at the time. I had some male WW pollen that I used to make some regular WW x G cross seeds (45/55Sat), these I grew last year and the resulting high feels very nice, where I feel lifted and enhanced but at the same time very clear headed where it is easy and comfortable to do things with. It has become my favourite (out of a universe of 3 strains it can only be a tiny favourite). So I am curious about my Strawberry Cough which at 80% is nearly a 'full' Sativa, how similar or different to my 3 current strains will it be, will the weather allow her time to finish is another question too. I have heard great things about Super Lemon Haze as well. Have you been able to test out Powerplant yet? That is another popular Sativa name.

with a hybrid you will get phenos. the plants will typically lean to an indica or sativa side, but it's all luck of the draw. you get the most difference with a pure indica or sativa. then there are landraces, which are plants with genetics developed naturally in the wild.

i have them jarred up right now, and won't be trying them for at least a month.

Congrats on the harvest! Looks like a good result to me.

thanks vet. this run has been a bit rough on me. there's piles going on in the family.

Sounds like a neat Habitat for Humanity place we have here. I'll keep an eye out.

that is the organization i support as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom