Hempy Headquarters

Nowhere close to being root bound and there wasn't enough of a root mass to hold all the media together but still a decent amount.

I’m going for buds like this
5A9ADD2D-DD6D-488D-BD83-4C5C4D7BE806.jpeg
What buds?

Hello to Hempy headquarters and hempy junkies!

Just started my first Hempy growth and I thought of publishing it here instead of my journal.

Does these foliar symptoms look like a Calcium deficiency?
C5DFFA5C-B482-4DB8-8B05-00C566A6159C.jpeg

951F0303-D1AE-474D-BAD9-1AD24A469D03.jpeg

Another plant same strain (Gorilla Glue auto) but different brand; 1st plant Barney’s Farm and 2nd FastBuds. Theyre on day 16 and 14.
F86D2E12-6F42-4DED-8AC7-A5AC87DFCEC1.jpeg

I’ve fed them about 75-90ppm of Ca.
Plants are under two 100W led panels and plants getting 550-600ppfd for 20hrs per day.
Temps are between 22-26C depending how warm is outside. RH ~45%
So VPD also should be in range of 1-1.2kPa

Also noticed plants perk up more when the temps go above 24C and RH lowers between 35-40%…Which is wierd as that rises the VPD in some cases up to 1.4-1.5kPa.

Watering perlite hempies twice per day (about 150ml per time) and coco hempy gets watered every two days about 250-350ml. Feed is about 1.5 EC / 700-750ppm.

Shouldn’t about 80ppm Ca and about 20ppm Mg be enough for them?

I appreciate the help! :)
- Verb

Does these foliar symptoms look like a Calcium deficiency?

it does a bit. the bigger one may be a splash damage. the bottom missed an early nute bump. you have to watch close for nute bumps in hempy. they come quick.

it looks like you have clear or light colored buckets. cover it with tape or paint it. light getting through to the root zone is a no go any time but is twice as important in hempy due to the media. your root ball will not develop in a bucket the lets light through, and your plant will struggle and be anemic.

Watering perlite hempies twice per day (about 150ml per time) and coco hempy gets watered every two days about 250-350ml. Feed is about 1.5 EC / 700-750ppm.

follow the hempy watering guide. at this point you shouldn't need to feed more than every second day if you have placed the res hole correctly. always feed to at least 10% runoff. feeding to runoff ensures your roots get oxygen and builds a better plant.

feed every second to third day in veg. every second to daily in flower. lift the buckets to check the weight.

Shouldn’t about 80ppm Ca and about 20ppm Mg be enough for them?

about 1/2 dose to start. ramping up as you move to veg stage. led pulls calmag hard, and hempy is known to use a touch more on its own.

fairly solid start.

Hey guys it's been awhile since I visited, first week of Feb. which also happens to be the birth week of my 2 girls. Super Silver Haze Auto's day 79 breeder gives a range of 70 - 85 days. Going by that what do you guys think?? Are they ready or should I power through for another week? Right now the tric's are still pretty much cloudy I want to get rid of the clear ones and have less than 10% amber
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_ZMD17G8IG905613-0-20220421-024816-694.jpg
_data_user_0_com.zmodo_cache_ZMD17G8IG905613-0-20220421-084639-214.jpg
20220421_113856.jpg
20220421_113850.jpg
20220420_120449372.jpg
20220420_120353823.jpg

it does a bit. the bigger one may be a splash damage. the bottom missed an early nute bump. you have to watch close for nute bumps in hempy. they come quick.
Hey bluter and thanks for the reply!
Ok so do I understand nute bumps correctly here? Are we talkin about stages here when to dial in stronger feed?

it looks like you have clear or light colored buckets. cover it with tape or paint it. light getting through to the root zone is a no go any time but is twice as important in hempy due to the media. your root ball will not develop in a bucket the lets light through, and your plant will struggle and be anemic.
Buckets are white plastic, but there is a double layer of foil between the bucket and white duct tape :D So the buckets are light proof!

follow the hempy watering guide. at this point you shouldn't need to feed more than every second day if you have placed the res hole correctly. always feed to at least 10% runoff. feeding to runoff ensures your roots get oxygen and builds a better plant.
Yeah might try the more ”traditional” wet dry cycles from now on.
I’ve watered them more often but lower amounts trying to keep the perlite moist at the early stages and provide oxygen.
I’ve flushed/changed the res water every two days.

about 1/2 dose to start. ramping up as you move to veg stage. led pulls calmag hard, and hempy is known to use a touch more on its own.
Started with 1/3 from the recommended and now following Remo’s schedule.
And yes plants are under the intense light for 20h per day. As I had ”ramped up” Ca ppm already up to 75-90ppm - I thought therefore they would endure more intense light.

The spots on the bigger leaves looks like Mg def to me, which makes sense - the Mg looks a bit low at 20 ppm - I think 40 would probably be better.
Heya Felipe! I was actually also thinking about Mg - thought incase theres too much Ca (from high dose of micro) which antagonises Mg uptake.
But shouldn’t about 20-25ppm be enough for less than 20 days old plant? Well maybe not.. And I remember Mg def might take quite while to show up in some cases?

E: should I bump up CalMag dose for higher Mg ppm? OR Remo Grow has 1% Mg but I might skyrocket Potassium if I want to rise Mg values with grow.
I’d have Canna’s Magnesium supplement bottle. What about that?

I would probably use a bit of the Canna Mg. What’s the % Mg?
Canna is 7% MgO, so isn’t it about 4.2% elemental?

Current feed is:
- Canna CalMag 5-0-0 5.1% Nitrates, 6.8% CaO and 2.4% MgO) = dose 0.55ml/L
- Remo Micro was 3-0-1, 3% Ca (1% chelated) = dose ~1.5ml/L
- Remo grow 2-3-5, 1% Magnesium = dose ~1.6ml/L

Pretty N based as N:K is almost 1:1

Current feed is:

Yes, so 0.5ml/L should give you about 21 ppm Mg - perfect!

I would go closer to 1N:1.5K and try to stay under 150 ppm N.

Current feed is:

your calmag is a bit high in n. it is intended for the canna line (boo). a 1-0-0 or 2-0-0 calmag works a lot better with
remo.

edit : if you're running remo you might want a f / f / f / w schedule. plan for 2 hempy style h202 flushes in veg and one in flower.

I am working with compost teas, fish and kelp extracts for organic plants from natural sources and started doing Hempy decades before it had a name. I use calmag as well with my perlite/vermiculite grows. Another thing is to use azomite in the compost I make the tea with. Well composted chicken litter or sheep poop has been a big part of my composting ops along with ground leaves, straw and misc. organic plant materials. I like this method fairly well for growing autos fast and easy. I also do soilless mixes in textile fabric grow bags sitting in trays with generous amounts of compost and worm castings. That seems to produce the healthiest plants consistently for me in the organic method. The "hempy " method is great for growing a bunch of autos close together in a smaller space but more work than my simple growbag organic technique, for me. No mixing, measuring and little needs except for monitoring the water/moisture, humidity, and temps . Easy on a busy old man. Keep up the good works, it is very interesting and entertaining.

edit : if you're running remo you might want a f / f / f / w schedule. plan for 2 hempy style h202 flushes in veg and one in flower.

What's the reasoning for flushing with H₂O₂? I've been known to add ~15ml per gallon (mostly because I'm a fan of boosting the DO level as and when I can), but the above reads like you're pouring bottles of hydrogen peroxide through.

What's the reasoning for flushing with H₂O₂? I've been known to add ~15ml per gallon (mostly because I'm a fan of boosting the DO level as and when I can), but the above reads like you're pouring bottles of hydrogen peroxide through.

with bottle nutes i let it build up a bit and run an h202 flush periodically. produces a gigantic growth surge as the h2o2 breaks down to oxygen, and the dead root material is stripped out.

to do the flush i plug the hole and fill til the bucket is full, let sit for 45 min, then drain. it won't work the same with organic nutes or MC. i use 27% h2o2 at 2ml per L, which is heavy. you'll get bubbling if there's salt built up. not entirely for the faint of heart, but works crazy good.

i use the same approach if i need to flush to correct an issue as well.

Okay. Thanks for the explanation. I was halfway wondering if you were going to reply that it had been a typo, lol, and that you'd meant water instead of hydrogen peroxide.

If my math and conversion is correct, that's a tick more than 4½ times as strong as my 15 ml per gallon of the 3% stuff. But my plants were living in it (DWC hydroponics), and they were getting it every time I added liquid to the reservoir.

I assume you weren't troubled by pathogens, with that regimen. I've always been a fan of the stuff. And it dechlorinates water virtually instantly, as long as the pH is high enough. Not sure about whether that works for chloramine. Probably not. I know a little chlorine is a good thing - but my tap water smells like a swimming pool.

Back
Top Bottom