Tead's Indoor-ish, Winter, Hempy, OGK, SOG

Abandoned with all the former occupant's items still inside? Might be a skeleton on a mattress somewhere, lol. Is that an air conditioner in the window? If so, it's already in better shape than my living room.

My favorite "hidey-hole" former cannabis grow was a huge space inside some sort of hollow concrete bridge. Could have supplied a small town with that kind of square footage. I don't remember how those people got busted, either. Stealing utilities, maybe. Or getting electrocuted whilst attempting to, lol.

Cannabis cave in Greenville Tn if I remember right.

t was an actual factor considered and somewhat expected
Well that’s a glass at least half full then. Peace of mind is usually the main cost. It sure turns my world upside down when that sort of shit happens - very rare here thankfully. Sorry to hear the buggers got so much weed but.... Tead escapes to grow another day
:thumb:

Good lord! I haven't spewed this many words in a good long time. Here goes....

Amen! Drainage troughs and preferably gravity fed if I have my choice. Some day I'll get fancy with pumps and computers... but not today.

Actually, there were 4 being flushed and some others that were near. Yes, there were many newbies, but the sea was very well stocked at that moment with a full compliment on board and I don't even share the veg room usually. If I were to count, the total count of plants in pots was 26... but I try not to count.
They even took my barely/maybe rooting clones. Dicks.

Indeed. Every last bit of it. I was shocked honestly. It's all stored elsewhere at the moment.

BETTY!!!!!!!
Everyone loved Betty. She took a header one day and never really recovered. Last time I searched, she could still be purchased. Damn.... I really should.

Welcome along Head! Tho you might feel your timing in poor... right in the middle of banter about a robbery.... recovery will occur and shit just might get mildly interesting along the way.
I've been dabbing my woes away lately.... pull up a can and dab on.

All those feelings and more man.
I'm pretty apathetic about robberies these days. Sad, but it seems more the norm than the exception. It's become a normal part of all my equations. When I did the math for the grow, it was an actual factor considered and somewhat expected.

I didn't do any alarm on the old grow. I would never want to draw attention to it in any way. The next one will be within reaction distance. Since I can do something about it, there will be silent alarms in play.

HA! I dig me some wicked thinkin.

Oh dude.... I have several houses in the area and we have a pretty good rodent population being swamp like and all. I've pulled all sorts of dead critters out of walls and attics. Last one was a big fat nutria dead in a wall about 3ft from the bottom. Excavating the wall to find the critter is always the fun part.

Exactly what I thought. That one was fun!

So.... here's the official starting point. Gotta turn this into a grow room. The area was literally abandoned one day in the late 70's and has suffered little but the ravages of time, heat, and humidity.

View media item 1776535
Tead likes a good challenge... but wow... I might be in trouble. We'll see.
Mother fuckers! Getting ripped off is not cool at all

Phoenix eggs... that's what I'm seeing.

Good day at the mailbox. Took forever... 5+ weeks. The clear bags and Rare Dankness seeds are bonus. The Bruce Banger should have been GelatOG and I wish the GelatOG would have come instead... but whatever. The Moonshine Haze regs were unexpected. PC, DP, and GSC will hit the dirt first and the rest will go into the fridge.

Wow... not moved to abandoned yet? How can that be?!?!
Well... I guess I'll have to blather on then.
Let's look at some outdoor girls.

Girl Scout Cookie on the right. Pineapple Chunk on the left
Peat an Perl medium amended with lime. Fed with MegaCrop

Pineapple Chunk

Girl Scout Cookie

I think it was late June when I put the seeds in the mix. They popped right up and have been in the garden since. Straight to bloom of course.
Of course, it's been hot and soggy. The humidity seems a bit lower this year than others.... same with the temps, but a normal day includes 80%+ humidity that might fall down to the 50s if it hasn't rained lately but returns to the higher range nightly. Temps have been dropping below 80 at night, but that's a recent development and temps have been riding in the high 80s during the day. Of course, the temps in the direct sun are still quite evil. It's a significant slowing factor.

I really have had great luck with bugs this year. Some leaf miners, but noting horrible so far. I'm blaming the lizards... there's an enormous herd of them this year. I mowed the lawn the other day and so many of them went running that it reminded me of mice in the strawberry fields running as the tractor goes down the line. Effective little critters apparently. I like 'em, but they sure are shy and go running whenever I'm around. In the mornings, I find one or two of them hanging on the main stem.

Glad you're still above ground, Tead. Was worried you got washed out to see or something, lol. Thought there might have been some kind of water event down there.

Rain is in the forecast for the coming week. There's also a swirly in the gulf that may contribute to the rain. The outside temps are forecast to float in the 70's for the next week. Of course, outside humidity is floating in the 90% range 24/7.
I've got 2 ladies deep into bud. I'm worried about bud rot of course.
I've moved them under cover, but that limits light of course.
Crossing my fingers.

Here's the PC... it's looking pretty.

cool pic friend,, looks kinda like a pepper,, waitin to be stuffed,, which happens to be dinner tonight.. cheers to ya down there

looks kinda like a pepper

I see it. Didn't spot the similarities myself.
I frequent a local French restaurant that really formed my discovery of stuffed peppers about 20 years ago. Been diggin them ever since, but the French place became yet another victim of the pandemic and I shall have to search elsewhere for my staple stuffed pepper. I look forward to the gastronomical search.

The outdoor growing experiment continues. The ladies are looking good and the Girl Scout Cookies is starting to show red!

Pineapple Chunk on the left, GSK on the right.

Pineapple Chunk. She's getting near but not showing any amber yet and could do with some more bud building.

GSK. No red on the leaves, but the buds are showing a good bit of red. I rarely see red, but we've had some chilly nights (well.... down into the 70s) with cooler ones on tap. I really like some red.

Drive-by my friend.. Glad to you still going strong......... I've fallen so far behind with my friends threads. Hope you doing good down there...

Keepem Green or Red?

Flushing the PC. I'm gonna put her in the dark as soon as the winds pick up. Storms happen and I might as well take the opportunity to finish her off right. I want to flush her for a full 2 weeks before I harvest her and I'm on day 5 now.

The Girl Scout Cookies are moving along a bit slower. I'm guessing about 30 days more before I start her flush. Much different form than the PC.

They both started on 1 July and spent their youth in the sauna. MegaCrop diet in a perl/peat medium. They're slower and eat less than the ones grown indoors using C02, but I wanted to see what they'd do in the wild.

Please pardon the intrusion, maybe you and/or your followers might be interested :cheer:

If so, please apply in the comparative grow thread, as I won't be responding to replies here :thanks:

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom