Hempy Bucket, Hydro, Outside, How hot can water be?

oldtimer89

I really want to do a hempy bucket outside, but I am concerned with the heat of the summer. How hot can the water get in the reservoir before I run into issues?

Will the water be cooler in then the outside temperatures, especially if I am changing the water out every so often?

Anyone do a hempy bucket outside in the summer? How did it go?

Am I asking for trouble and would I be better off just using soil? I would like to do hempy bucket (hydro) because of better yield, but I dont want to kill plants or have root problems.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Its like asking how much rain will fall this summer! Depends on where you live!
Imho avoid any questionable practice, if you have doubts, just dont risk your crop.hydro can add to yield, but ph,nute,root rot control is much harder to manage.
I suggest doing a small test. And have you heard of airpots? Airpots+coco is much safer and almost as good as hydro in yield.
Focus on light and nutes and root development
Good luck bro :)

Its like asking how much rain will fall this summer! Depends on where you live!
Imho avoid any questionable practice, if you have doubts, just dont risk your crop.hydro can add to yield, but ph,nute,root rot control is much harder to manage.
I suggest doing a small test. And have you heard of airpots? Airpots+coco is much safer and almost as good as hydro in yield.
Focus on light and nutes and root development
Good luck bro :)
It’s nothing like your rainfall example. The Hemet resevoir holds water that gets heated by the sun outdoors. Painting your bucket white will help. You could wrap it in Mylar to lower the heat. You could actually bury the bucket 4 inches to keep the water cooler. Make sure to mulch. Temps for nutrient water should be near 70 degree. Res should be the same. That’s hard in the desert.

Hi Kean,

Welcome to 420.... that post you replied to was from 2016. The new similar threads feature below this window uses indexing to pull up stuff based on keywords, sometimes it’s very old stuff. Anyway I wanted you to know what’s up in case no one else replies - look in green header bar above my post or your post for date & time stamp info

Back
Top Bottom