Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

my mom had a quadruple bypass a couple yrs ago. she needs a stent in a real crucial artery now. the procedure itself is not bad, save for where they need to put it.

pops has something weird going with his stomach, he's not getting enough circulation delivered there. he's having huge issues getting enough nutrition, and he gets terrible pain and can't sleep at night now. it has to be addressed as the effects are wearing him quickly. it's a long and complicated surgery.

i been trying to help them out as much as i can. i'd be better with everything if my job was in a better space. work is in utter turmoil, and has been interfering heavily.

my mom had a quadruple bypass a couple yrs ago. she needs a stent in a real crucial artery now. the procedure itself is not bad, save for where they need to put it.

pops has something weird going with his stomach, he's not getting enough circulation delivered there. he's having huge issues getting enough nutrition, and he gets terrible pain and can't sleep at night now. it has to be addressed as the effects are wearing him quickly. it's a long and complicated surgery.

i been trying to help them out as much as i can. i'd be better with everything if my job was in a better space. work is in utter turmoil, and has been interfering heavily.
To keep your wellbeing, you can still only do what you can do and then hope for the best. I hope there is some easing ahead for them.

yay it's 420 and i'm gonna try some of the powerplant that just cured in stable. it could use a couple more weeks but i wanna taste to see where it's headed ... :bongrip:

my poor journal has taken a beating lately but i still have stuff on the go ..

i had my clone grow rolling and they took a midnight run to the jungle room last week.
last day at fort st. veg clone..

full

note the tape over the drain hole for transport.

they are all drooped at this point from a day under the light. i've never had a run of plants that let me know when they had as much as these girls have. both mothers and clones. it has to be something with the strains

i been having my issues with these ones as well. this run is all gorilla glue and powerplant clones. heavier on the powerplant, which are all sativa. they've been edgy all the way through both runs. showing hunger and trying to go from that to burning or lockout with no middle happy.

all moved in

full

after getting them to the jungle room i flipped the schedule but rolled the light back huge.

there were hunger issues i saw and they were running a hot mc mix already. i felt a bump in feed was going to run them hard to a lock, so we rolled the light back and added a 1/4 dose of cal mag to the mix. we ran the light at 30% about 200w, near what they got in veg.

they responded well and the newer growth is far closer to where i am looking

full

sorry for the hot pic. my led throws the color balance like an hps. note the half green/yellow leaf. there was a lot of hunger creeping at flip. it started as a cal mag ask so we added some in and things are looking nicer.

here's a better look at it

full

we were already running running a touch under the 5.5g / gal mark, at 11.5g / 8L. we pulled back .5g and added in the cal mag. next ramp we're upping the cal mag a touch , and back to 11.5g / 8L.

in some circumstances higher amounts of mc creates an imbalance that can be corrected with cal mag. @Mr. Sauga has documented it quite well and has some feed tips in his journals.

with the plants looking better i ramped the light back up and will monitor

full

everybody looks happy. plan is to stay at or under the 6g/gal mark - 12.5g/8L. there's about a gram of head room left. i hope to get some bud explosion in to try if there is time, and it leaves some room.

i opened this box up finally as well .. but there is another post coming on that ..

full

i got nothing but crappy cell phone pics on it though.
will get the best up with a brief run down in a bit :)

Thanks for the tag bluter. I've fallen behind on many journals so the timing was good!

You're absolutely right. Once you start going over 5.5g is when you'll run into problems. This is also dependant on how they were fed prior to getting to that 5.5g/gal.
If the plant was overfed throughout veg then that 5.5g may now be 5g/gal. The more aggressive you are with MC during veg, the more likely you are going to encounter issues. Less is more with MC.

Thanks for the tag bluter. I've fallen behind on many journals so the timing was good!

You're absolutely right. Once you start going over 5.5g is when you'll run into problems. This is also dependant on how they were fed prior to getting to that 5.5g/gal.
If the plant was overfed throughout veg then that 5.5g may now be 5g/gal. The more aggressive you are with MC during veg, the more likely you are going to encounter issues. Less is more with MC.

they were showing hunger all through. i ramped the feed up to the 5g/gal mark in veg but held there. i went to 5.5 a wk before flip and started adding the cal mag. we pulled back a bit for the headroom and will probably get back there soon with a touch more cal mag. likely run the cal mag up first.

i sort of have a 6g/gal ceiling. i've been as hot as 7 or more on past grows. contemplating going to 4 ml/8L cal mag first, before a MC incease. it's double where i am and about a half dose. too much will cause other issues, and it carries some N which i have in spades already.

sorry for the crappy pics .. but we opened up this lovely behemoth ..

full

it's a massive puppy. just the way i like them. nextlight mega..

and i'll tag them in here cause i'm real impressed with the light and build.. but i probably voided the warranty already so don't hate me @NextLight ... pls :cheesygrinsmiley:

i need to reach out re : dimming. i'd like to run a dimmer on it, though i don't run them deep on the flower rig.

we measured it out to make sure it would fit in the jungle room and the dimensions are a go. but the nextlight mega held a few surprises for me...

first was build architecture

full

the rig looks like a strip build but it isn't really.

full

it's a board style build that has been vented for added cooling efficiency. i am geeking on the ingenuity. i really like the mix of diodes too. they cover a much broader k range than the cobs i run, and all are in the technically white light emitter.

diodes themselves look to be standard 3030s much like an lm. a flat guess would be osram, but i'm crap at identifying them, and i haven't seen enough of the newer chips to be certain anymore. there's a pile of them, and if they perform like ozzies i'll be more than happy. might get a closer look with better pics later. do not hold breath ...

oddly they housed the drivers in the doghouse on the top of the rig. the doghouse is vented, but the drivers are a main source of heat. i'm not much concerned, as a lot of consumer rigs need to be built this way for other reasons. it makes me wonder if there will be a remote driver option at some point.

we popped the inspection plates and located everything, then pulled the cover

full

there are two moons' drivers on the rig both running a 320w max output making the rig a 640w max rig. they could also be pulled back a bit internally as output is settable. maybe a 600 - 620w rig which is a good spot. 640 could be a bit hot for me.

okay so the drivers aren't mean well. :bongrip:

moons' is shanghai based and build more technical stuff other than just drivers. they do have a wide range of drivers and look well built. i like a driver that has the info these ones have included on the body. they aren't hiding.

i like the specs and they have dimmable output capability. just not in use :straightface:
i was hoping for dimming and it's looks available two ways on a quick peak at the drivers. i didn't dig in to it but the blanked leads look to be sitting there at the bottom of the pic under the driver. probably run one dimmer per driver same as the current rig.

the rig is built as a flat out from the outside though. with just the hanging hooks and height for adjustment. i'm gonna reach out to @NextLight and see what i can do.

i'm gonna get anchor points to hang the mega sorted for the jungle room in the next couple wks. then i'm running it out til the end of flower no matter what. the plants will be at a similar intensity watt wise by the time i swap.

from this build they look to have real good gear. super excited. :)

edit : oh yeah i'll bug @Mr. Sauga again cause i think he had experience talking to nexlight about dimming ..
sorry buddy ..

Just need a 100k ohm potentiometer to solder on that bad boy and bobs your uncle. Ez pz. (For dimming)

just not 100% on the ohm. and it does have other capability.
errr, if on my own i have confidence, but would rather work with the supplier .. :)

Back
Top Bottom