Raventokes Perpetual Auto Grow

Raventokes

Welcome and thanks for stopping by! Most of my firsts are long behind me, but this is my first grow Journal!

I am pretty new to growing, only been at it a year really. There have been lots of ups and downs but I am totally loving it! I think of myself as medically retired. I had to stop working a few years after late stage cancer did a number on my body, but I was close to retirement anyway and didn’t take much of a Financial hit, thankfully. Then the pandemic hits and two visits to a over crowded, overpriced dispensary and before I know it I am growing my own. Not always well but I have had some beginners luck

I have spent the year trying a few different grow styles. First auto run I am going to call “No style” . I had no idea what I was doing and I did that poorly. 2nd 3rd and 4th run was organic soil. A few things came out great. many things did not and to often I would have No idea what was going wrong.

Then I tried DWC.
FF8E509D-8EFA-4268-9185-210E0C89CBD2.jpeg

Hands down the best work I have done so far. Work being the operative word! If I want to have just say 3 Plants this is the way I would go. (Mephisto sour Stomper pictured above). Then in my search for a form of hydro that looked simple and low maintenanc ( before you say it, no I can’t do automated watering. As I cannot risk water damage where the grow needs to be.) Took me to
Sweet Sue’s thread 'Hempy Headquarters'
Hempy Headquarters
Thanks Sue!! And well here I am.
F1382B13-FFC9-4BC7-9767-B2635DBAC7E7.jpeg

more info to come. Good nite for now!

I'm in, too. I've had a similar type of start as you did, exploring different styles and mediums. I'm starting my hempy journey now as well.

Looks like you've got quite the stable of plants started. I'm looking forward to your grow!

Mostly 2 gal yes. The two larger ones are in 3 gal but I realized after, that in a Hempy that might be to big for my space. and I need my plants to stay under 5’ but preferably 3.5‘ as I don’t really need that much.
I hear ya. I have similar issues as well. @bluter was telling me that his plants grow to 24-36" in a 2 liter
container.

Yea I am a little concerned but by the time they get big they will have the room mostly to themselves. I would love to start some more to be honest but I am going to try and resist popping any more seed for a few weeks. I am also planning to keep on male of the Auto Purple Microdot and grow him in a different room. I will be crossing him with one of the fem Purple Microdot, and I am sure I will put pollen on a branch of a few others because, why not? I should get a least one, two liter container. I love variety and a bunch of 24”-36” plants say spread out to harvest one every 10 days to two weeks sounds great!

My first two autoflowers that I started Hempy style are Key Lime Crush from Gasreaper. Here is a description from there web site.

KeyLime Crush - Florida Oranges x Chem of my Heart Auto. 80/20 indica/sativa. Height 28-36” inches. Density 10/10. For best results 12 per 5x5 in 3 gallon pots. Expect Extremely high levels of resin production, Keylime Crush is a beautiful trichome covered indica dominant plant that gives off an amazing citrus chem aroma that finishes in around 65 days.

They have been very trouble free so far. Just doing there thing. Looks like they’re going to be shorties just like the Description says, I certainly hope so. My lights don’t have a dim option ( next lights will for sure) and I always seem to have one or two plants that get a bit too tall and get a little light burn. I had some Bush Doctor coco that I wanted to use so I sandwiched the coco between two perlite layers. It could just be the genetics but they seemed to hit there stride much sooner than the seedlings in just perlite have. My theory is that the roots only had to go a few centimeters to hit the coco and has given them much the same boost that hitting the res does with just perlite. I should know in about a week if that’s true. The only trouble I have at all with them was that I over watered them a bit at first until I realized that the coco mix I used holds too much water to feed it daily. Not a plus in my book.

I can’t wait to Harvest some of the older plants it the room. I have so much new that I want to start!
4732DD31-43FB-455C-BC2A-216E005211AB.jpeg

autos will grow on their own size and schedule in hempy.
it's far easier to regulate the size and timing with photo plants.

a 2L hempy grows to between 75 - 100% of a 5 gallon soil grow. the 2 gallon bucket should be fine but may get you crowded out if they get stubborn or go long.

5C2C2325-0C84-4160-A029-03F42C12E810.jpeg

Ok let’s get the boring out of the way first. Hempy seedlings are doing good. they showed very little growth at all until three days ago and then they just started growing like normal plants. They might be a little stunted but that’s fine with me honestly as I have height issues.
The big Beauty behind them in DWC is a Bobby’s Widow from Mandalorian Genetics. This Lady has a bit of a story. So when I grow regs in soil I like to plant between 3 and 6 seeds in a large container and just cut the male plants. So not really thinking it through I did the same for my first DWC. I put 4 sprouted seeds in one large net pot. Three of them took off and thought the third one had died. Then 2 weeks later! This one pops up and has almost no space because her siblings are we taking up most of the pot. I almost cut her then but something told me keep her and keep her alive. It was a fight to push things back and give her some light but totally worth it in the end as all three of the plants that came first were male! My theory is that she was a little to high in the net pot and not getting enough water then her siblings roots grew into her rock wool acting as a wick for water. So now it’s summer. My water temps are in the low 70’s and I don’t have a good way of getting them lower…..and I have three dead plants worth of roots in my Rez! I am thinking she is doomed but I fight for my girls so I change the bucket out every 2 days for a bit over a week. I am in a 3 gallon bucket at this point so it’s not hard to do. At first I am seeing a concerning but not scary amount of little pieces of roots in the Reservoir when I go to change it. Over the course of about 10 days though it gets to be less and less until it’s almost none. I never saw this coming but somehow she took over the root system of her dead brothers and used it for herself! And here she is now in late flower just weeks away from the finish line.

I
8575B7F4-FD35-492E-8B63-088931312A03.jpeg

I almost forgot. The two Key Lime Crush and in early flower and doing fine. I can only water them once a week at this point and I have been worried about Cal mag issues because of the Coco in these, but so far no sign of that, just some signs of overwatering.

you have some time before they take off. autos only get stunted in hempy if you don't up pot on time, or run cups / tiny buckets. a lot of autos turn when the roots get to the edges of the pot. otherwise it's a time factor.

root restriction is minor in hempy compared to other media. closest comparison would be coco.

E255A561-7F42-4CAB-8398-9EC0B72B3D0F.jpeg
Welcome to the Love Shack! I got a little 2x2 Tent for my Auto Purple Microdot preservation project. The owner of Morningstar seed passed recently, he was a great guy. AutoPurp is my favorite so I am hoping for at least one boy and one girl. They are really starting to take off now! I actually bought two tents and I will be getting a couple more as my budget allows. 2x4 Tents small and manageable. Should give me some more flexibility on what I can grow plus will take care of some minor fire safety and odor concerns.
93E6F1E9-3E86-4730-93AB-C5F8DF7C26AB.jpeg
The two Key Lime Crush and doing great! So for I am very happy with how the Hempy method is treating my girls.

52E28EBE-BF05-435C-AAA8-F85EEF3078A0.jpeg
This is a Lemon Star in DWC. She is from Gasreaper as well. Here is her info.

LemonStar - South Bay Bessie x Lemon Tree. 60/40 indica/sativa. Frost 9/10. 65-75 days from sprout. Density 8/10. 32-40” inches tall. For best results 9 per 4x4 ft in 3 gallon pots. The LemonTree Really added an amazing terpene profile to our South Bay Bessie, This strain brings a lot to the table with a huge yield and amazing flavors. Strong Sour Diesel/Chem smell and flavor that takes you back 10 years in time and then slaps you with incredible potency in autoflower fashion.

If you look at her leaves she’s really interesting. They each only have three fingers at Max unlike the many five or more fingered leaves you normally see. She also has a very impressive amount tricomes on her leaves for this early stage of flower.

Well that’s this week’s news from my garden. Thanks for checking in!

Back
Top Bottom