Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

Number of ohms is 100k divided by the number of drivers. Not 10k ohm 100k. Like I said before. If you have two drivers then 50k ohm.
Mine is working just fine with the dual pot at 10k !

i've got a few potentiometers hanging around from other builds and stuff.
i was trying to avoid doing the maths lol :p

the rig is built as two separate lights, each with their own driver. same as my current cob rig. i'll probably treat it the same and run a pot on each driver.

Right, because you can run 10 drivers with a 10k doesnt mean you need to.

Question I have is , when are they drawing full wattage when you turn the dial? At what point through the turn?
Lost .40 watt was 660 watts

69C7582B-0470-41B3-9911-6C944852DADC.jpeg

i just can't remember what i have spec'd for pots. i think i got 3 different ohms .. :rolleyes:

thanks for the pic though. they wire in exactly as i remember. i'll pull the doghouse off again and have a closer gawk.
pretty sure they just blanked the leads with a connector.

edit : it's kind of a pain for the amount i actually use dimming. but it is an option i do like and use.

edit : it's kind of a pain for the amount i actually use dimming. but it is an option i do like and use
I know what you mean , I liked using the lux meter .

I know what you mean , I liked using the lux meter .

might just copy you and order one of those duals and be done with it.
i'm not in a mood for thinking.

a 660w draw seems high. what did you get for drivers ? mine are spec'd at 320w making the rig a 640w.
these things look like they owe something to mean well. there's only a couple ways to build the things though.

Should I use silica (stout MSA) along with MC or no need?
If you do, a good target is 3ml/gal at the second set of leaves, 9ml/gal as they outgrow the solo cups, and 15ml/gal for the rest of the grow. That works out to about 10ppm, 30ppm, and 50ppm. MC has very little Si in it, and if you grow in peat-based media (which has none) it is definitely worth adding.
requires some other amendments to keep stuff in balance if you do.
The Stout MonoSilic Acid is 0-0-0 so it won't change the NPK ratio like potassium silicate.

might just copy you and order one those duals and be done with it.
i'm not in a mood for thinking.

a 660w draw seems high. what did you get for drivers ? mine are spec'd at 320w making the rig a 640w.
these things look like the owe something to mean well. there's only a couple ways to build the things though.
I got the same drivers . I have the watt meter and without the potentiometer was right on 660.23 watts . I understand what your saying about the wattage . In the add NextLight mega is showing 650 watts .

I got the same drivers . I have the watt meter and without the potentiometer was right on 660.23 watts . I understand what your saying about the wattage . In the add NextLight mega is showing 650 watts .
the drivers were probably under rated.

kinda the same thing car makers do with horse power numbers lol. :cheesygrinsmiley:
the drivers will have an internal adjustment as well. drivers with dimming capability are often left "open" with no adjustment being done at factory.

If you do, a good target is 3ml/gal at the second set of leaves, 9ml/gal as they outgrow the solo cups, and 15ml/gal for the rest of the grow. That works out to about 10ppm, 30ppm, and 50ppm. MC has very little Si in it, and if you grow in peat-based media (which has none) it is definitely worth adding.

The Stout MonoSilic Acid is 0-0-0 so it won't change the NPK ratio like potassium silicate.

i'm trying to remember if it was @farside05 that worked this out. also there was another member in rdwc i tried keeping tabs on who had worked it out. all i can think of is the avatar lol

edit : i got comfloozled - do you add the monosilic acid as an amendment @InTheShed ?

i'm trying to remember if it was @farside05 that worked this out. also there was another member in rdwc i tried keeping tabs on who had worked it out. all i can think of is the avatar lol
edit : i got comfloozled - do you add the monosilic acid as an amendment @InTheShed ?
Indeed it was farside who goes with added Si (in the form of potassium silicate) and then adds cal-mag to get the N boost needed to balance his NPK ratios.

I have just started adding Si (MSA 0-0-0) with my current grow to see if it will help strengthen the stems as well as making my plants more resistant to PM. I get a lot more PM since I stopped adding Si when I stopped using FoxFarms trio. Could also be environmental though!

happens to all sorts of outdoor stuff here.
thanks for clarifying. i thought he had something else in the mix though. i could benefit from having a look.

Indeed it was farside who goes with added Si (in the form of potassium silicate) and then adds cal-mag to get the N boost needed to balance his NPK ratios.

The latest round I have not been adding in any Cal-Mag. Prior grows was 6g Mega Crop, 5ml Cal-Mag, 5ml Potassium Silicate. Now it's just 6g Mega and 5ml Potassium Silicate. Biggest difference I see is that before I would see a very small amount of tip burn (most likely from the extra N from the Cal-Mag). This grow, no tip burn.

And yes, my calculations have each ml of Potassium Silicate adding a hair over 10ppm of Silica.

Isn't that going to vary from product to product? My Stout MSA is just 1.25% Si and others are different.
Dyna-Gro Pro-Tekt, Growtek Pro-Silicate, General Hydroponics Armor Si, and my Faux-Tekt should all be around 10ppm. Advanced Nutrients Rhino Skin and Botanicare Silica Blast are really watered down and are probably more like 1-1.2 ppm per ml.

Wow, this has been so cool to read thru again. I jumped on your journal about page 46 last time to learn about your hempy techniques, I started at page 1 and read thru, but I also got slammed busy and didn’t stay connected. I’m up to page 63 now and digging it. Anyway wanted to drop this off...

May have a solution for your hempy tubs tipping over if that’s enough of a pain to warrant a solution. Plant holders like simple cup holders in your car.... take a same sized tub as your 2 liters and cut top half off, drill drain holes in the bottom. Cut a piece of thick plastic or plexiglass to fit inside your clear overflow tubs. Mount the cut down tub on the plexiglass, use nuts & bolts to avoid sharp screws, insert the plexiglass assembly into the clear overflow tubs, place the plant inside the plant holder and rock on.

Maybe try building one as prototype before going all in, originally thought of using OSB as backer board but wood sitting in water um yeah funky for sure. Tile backer board is heavy too, anyhow you are a smart dude so I’m sure you can tweak it to your hearts desire

Back
Top Bottom