Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

sorta lime colored sea of green

full

oooooohhh .. periscopes

full

:)

naw ... i can do better. this run is being bitchy. fighting low rh

full

that's gonna leave some weight at the table i could use. i roll with it though.
and been riding a rail between hungry and burning up.

full

hungry power plant. can see exactly where a pk boost belongs. few holes in the sticks, hope it fills in. take what i can get, about half way there i think. jungle room blazing in the background.

almost foxtailing gorilla glue

full

when hairy met stoney

full

everyone is riding a rail on 6g / gal mc. fed daily now at 1L each. :cheesygrinsmiley:

oh brother ....

full

these are way overdue for an up pot.
a bunch of idiot crap happened like my car busting again, and they got left to fend for themselves.

full

there is some ph and calcium stuff going that will get fixed with some basic work. i'm going to clean them all up and get them in bigger containers over the next two days.

i've had to be away from the space for a few odd overnights here and there. they've gotten out of schedule.

full

the hempy cup res is now too small to support the plant. it's started eating itself since the dry cycle was left to go too long. won't be hard to reverse. most of the damage is in the older stuff while the plant was revegging.

Nothing that can't be easily sorted. After the start they had you could probably do anything to them and they'd keep on going

i've always been hard on stuff lol

i love them all. but survive or go ... :p

edit : some of my best producing plants have been through the worst. it's not an approach i recommend in any way shape or form. :cheesygrinsmiley:

well all my exe's love me .... but i was a bad boyfriend .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

some of their father's still talk to me like they wish i'd stuck around .. :laughtwo:

drop by anytime.

they're a bit deceptive. i'm hoping they fill in a bit and the interior is a mess.
i usually manage stuff a bit better.

i'm actually up potting hempy cup seedling clones to 2L buckets right now.
gonna see the jungle room tonight. update for both later.

i had to clean up my clones and get them up potted, so here's a quick tutorial on up potting a hempy clone or seedling from hempy cup to a larger bucket.

we'll be cleaning up and up potting this poor looking powerplant clone.

full

it's past due and a bit gnarly because it's a reveg. most seedlings from seed will have a better structure and won't require as much work as a clone cutting will. it's the same process no matter.

cleaned up the bottom and some questionable stuff.

full

get the bottom part of the stem exposed. the lower stuff would get trimmed eventually anyway and it's a good idea to plant the stem a touch deeper at up pot.

choose your hempy bucket for up pot. we're going in to a standard 2L hempy bucket size. i got some pretty ones, but the bucket itself doesn't matter, just the size.

full

get some clean perlite in the bottom. for most bucket types you'll want to fill the bucket about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to the drain hole.

full

this will place the roots near the res and the plant will hook up a bit sooner after up pot. the roots won't wind up right in the res, as the perlite from the hempy cup is still going in there.

i use pre-sifted perlite to get rid of the worst of the small stuff and flour, but i don't wash or do anything special with the perlite. you can see there's still some flour particles left in it on the bucket sides.

i leave the perlite dry during up pot.

to get an idea of where the plant will wind up, you can set the hempy cup inside the bucket at this stage.

now for the weird part. take your clone / seedling and turn it upside down, with the top of the plant inside the new bucket itself.

full

next part is kinda fun.
seems freaky the first few times ... with the plant upside down in the bucket, remove the cup .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

full

just let the loose perlite from the cup fall in the the bucket.

now the showstopper..
flip the plant over and plunk it in the bottom of the bucket. no ceremony.

full

you can move the clone around a bit at this point to position it to your liking. i kind of pat the roots down a bit as well.

then fill with perlite, giving an occasional tamp down.
part way..

full

all done and ready to water in.

full

i leave about an inch and a half to 2 inches from the top. it will rise some when you water the plant in.

now to water it in. first plug up the drain hole.

full

i have these neato orange things. everyone thinks they're made for it. they're syringe caps lol :p
small piece of duct tape does the same job just as effectively. it doesn't have to be water tight.

mix up a big feed at the same or next nute level.
you wanna water them in with full strength nutes. no being timid here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

full

the amount you water in is important. you want a big feed with the plug in.

a good rule of thumb is one half the capacity of the bucket. these are 2L buckets, so every plant gets watered in with 1L. if you don't do it by measure, it's when the perlite just starts to float if watered in by eye. works out to about the same.

then let the plant sit for 20 - 25 min or so before pulling the plug.

full

at this point you'll have a stinking sulky pissed off plant

full

don't worry. by morning they'll be back to their old selves and not give a shit about you again .. :p

full

:)

Can you explain when it would be advantageous to reveg a plant?

i just took them a bit late after flipping. a lot of growers take clones two wks after flip as that is a popular point to do a final defoliation.

Thanks for the tutorial. That will definitely come in handy. Is there much difference in a coco/perlite hempy compared to pure perlite?

not really. i didn't have to pay for the coco.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

i had to move them for a few days. i'm behind on the powerplant feed schedule. they're stretching like they are still in flower.

Thanks mate :laugh: Now thinking I'll have to buy a new bag of perlite so why add the expense of coco to that too? Pure perlite it'll be.

i get my perlite from a garden and landscape supply store. i get 110 ltr bales at a much cheaper rate than buying the smaller bags. if you can source it away from a hydro shop it gets cheaper. $30 worth of perlite will last me a good couple yrs without even re-using the stuff between grows.

Back
Top Bottom