Bluter's Happy Home For Hilarious Hempsters

i could start building them again if i really have to. i got all the finicky holders and soldering crap for electronics, and piles of stuff specific for it.

i could start building them again if i really have to. i got all the finicky holders and soldering crap for electronics, and piles of stuff specific for it.
Looking for some work ?:nerd-with-glasses:lol

In sincerity though, it's a great idea to keep some spares around for redundancy. I've never had the head electrical formulas (see? I'm sure I worded that screwy). Though with the new (very old) house coming I'll get to try and remember what my Dad taught me as a youngster helping him. What I remember most was the zap of an error made

i'm rusty as hell frankly. i've got them all written down in a book i had for working on stuff. i'd have to refer to it. i worked on led in another world. a bunch of the knowledge is cross cultural.

you can build cob rigs dirt simple though. some strip systems too. there's only two main ways of wiring the things up. that decision, and the individual emitter consumption, determines everything from driver choice to control.

it's hard knowing what i do about non sponsor lighting. it's a nightmare navigating the vendor and order process though. in most cases i'll happily recommend board sponsors because of it.

i'm rusty as hell frankly. i've got them all written down in a book i had for working on stuff. i'd have to refer to it. i worked on led in another world. a bunch of the knowledge is cross cultural.

you can build cob rigs dirt simple though. some strip systems too. there's only two main ways of wiring the things up. that decision, and the individual emitter consumption, determines everything from driver choice to control.

it's hard knowing what i do about non sponsor lighting. it's nightmare navigating the vendor and order process though. in most cases i'll happily recommend board sponsors because of it.

Oh yeah I was only kidding around about the work, though if the taxman ain't kind enough i may go that route and pester you with some questions, when the time comes.
I'm still light years ( :rofl: ) away from that

if you are interested i'd go have a read through led gardener dot com. led lighting specific forum focused on diy. they have calculators for determining drivers / emitters etc. and some example builds. they have info and stuff on both cob and strip lighting.

quantum board is a bit of an inside game right now, but i hear rumblings they are becoming available as just a board you can diy. there's nothing to them really. just a massive wider strip printed on a bigger piece of aluminum. hopefully married to a decent heat sink.

growmau5 youtube vids were killer for explaining the high power low driven, cob builds that rocketed led white light forward. he's gone corporate and i think most were scrubbed. but if you can find them they are gold. the principles carry forward for any led emitter. only difference is the size of the print..

there's a canadian called the grow doctor, hes got real good info on different mfgrs / chipsets . some diy too i think. last i checked he was a little behind. i'm not sure if he's reviewing newer stuff yet. doesn't pander to brand.

if you are interested i'd go have a read through led gardener dot com. led lighting specific forum focused on diy. they have calculators for determining drivers / emitters etc. and some example builds. they have info and stuff on both cob and strip lighting.

quantum board is a bit of an inside game right now, but i hear rumblings they are becoming available as just a board you can diy. there's nothing to them really. just a massive wider strip printed on a bigger piece of aluminum. hopefully married to a decent heat sink.

growmau5 youtube vids were killer for explaining the high power low driven, cob builds that rocketed led white light forward. he's gone corporate and i think most were scrubbed. but if you can find them they are gold. the principles carry forward for any led emitter. only difference is the size of the print..

there's a canadian called the grow doctor, hes got real good info on different mfgrs / chipsets . some diy too i think. last i checked he was a little behind. i'm not sure if he's reviewing newer stuff yet. doesn't pander to brand.
Yeah I've heard you mention led Gardner and have been on the site, and have it bookmarked. Right now I can't read and study it as it deserves before venturing into trying. I will revisit the site and I the kits at the time, I'm still less than 2 months to the move. Right now I don't think my brain could handle it, sadly that's not an exaggeration, but a side effect of a condition. I've been getting a bit better but have rough patches/days. Right now the room is spinning so I'm going to take a nap. Plants will have to wait

:thanks: for everything!

jungle room is doing well. quick look at last night.

full

they're definitely building. we went through what has left of the big bud with little change, and they started to lose some colour. ramped the feed to 6.5 g / gal.

colour came back and response was good. we've probably plateaued here, and will be pulling back some time in the next couple wks.

got a gorilla glue that is just a bush

full

shows a total indica pheno side that must have been lurking.

full

thick as a brick. these plants have been through 3 defols as well. my other gorilla glue is a sativa pheno all the way.

full

few more pics in a bit. i'm gonna mix up a feed for the clones.

here's a comparison between one of the power plant and my sativa pheno gorilla glue

full

hard to get the whole powerplant in the pic lol :cheesygrinsmiley:

got some cbdream happy as ever

full

these are a super easy grow. i recommend them to any one looking for a 1:1 cbd/thc strain. can do most anything with these, they don't complain and happily produce.

i'm getting to the mid flower point where most start getting trouble in MC. keeping a close watch. we're bringing this grow in on just MC alone now. i'll try get a booster for the clone run maybe.

good stuff with the clones. everyone coming with us is pretty well reversed and pushing new growth.
the first 3 powerplant to go are still the strongest.

full

there's still one hopeful and two more if i push but the 3 strongest are ready now.

the real surprise is the gorilla glue. i only had one as definite til 24 hours ago.
then 4 more figured out it was get on the bus or get tossed .. :cheesygrinsmiley:

full

sweet.

pops and i discussed it, and we agree that 7 in the 2L, or 5 in the 5L, works best for the same canopy cover in the jungle room. it also means we don't need a bigger mixing bucket for feedings .. :p

now with the GG catching on i'll try run the 7. will run the 3 PP that have hooked up already and go with 4 of the GG.
will be the first run in a long time with no cbd plants.

i have 20:1 cbd seeds in the wings, but it may get shelved cause i'm all about 1:1. still have some 1:1 white widow seed i could go to but have always wanted to grow the thc version instead. it will be interesting moving forward.

Looking good mate. Nice one pulling those clones back. Thinking of trying a single coco hempy bucket grow in my 40x40x100 tent soon. You reckon a 3L bucket would be a good size for that?

3L would work great.

clones need an up pot by next wkend. i should trim them up and re pot the tall ones a bit deeper. there is a bunch of odd growth lower down as i revegged them.

3L would work great.

clones need an up pot by next wkend. i should trim them up and re pot the tall ones a bit deeper. there is a bunch of odd growth lower down as i revegged them.
Cheers bud. I'll source a 3L bucket and give it a whirl.

Good to see they pulled through. My GG clones grew a bit funky too as they were a week into flower when I cut them. New growth seems normal now though. Took a little while.

Cheers bud. I'll source a 3L bucket and give it a whirl.

Good to see they pulled through. My GG clones grew a bit funky too as they were a week into flower when I cut them. New growth seems normal now though. Took a little while.

i have 2L and 5L. the 5L is a standard size for a washroom wastebasket.

here's a shot of hempy bucket sizes through the ages and stages lol....

full

i have flowered in all of the black containers. hempy solo cup for seedling or clone. then 1L - 2L - 5L or 20L if you have forever for veg and room for a tree.

you can go from solo cup to any of the 3 black ones. up pot from the 2L or 5L if you run the big 20L bucket.

the corona bottle is for scale.

then there were 8 ...

full

the four i culled this morning all had decent root development. i could have coaxed them if i needed. was time to move forward though.

Nice save on the clones! How often did you have to soak the perlite when you stuck them in? I ask because I had always heard that anything hydro doesn't need domes.

Flower room is looking spear-like! Pops is doing a hellava job in there. :thumb:

Oh yeah, and I built a 13 strip light for the shed with no electrical knowledge at all! Driver, Samsung strips, U and L channels, and some wire. Took a couple of hours to put it together once I had the parts, with help from some LED gurus on the site. :) Build post here.

Oh yeah, and I built a 13 strip light for the shed with no electrical knowledge at all! Driver, Samsung strips, U and L channels, and some wire. Took a couple of hours to put it together once I had the parts, with help from some LED gurus on the site. :) Build post here.

Nice build!

Bookmarked! Thank you!!

Back
Top Bottom