New set up

Tinney

420 Member
I now have a 4x4 tent and am switching to LED's after a couple of cfl grows so I am looking for some advice.
- using a 300W and 450W led's. Is that enough for a 4x4
- what are the best mutes when using LED's?
- first feminised seed grow, what is the normal veg time?
Any other advice for a first time led grower
Thank u

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

f2eebe895e14a00d158b85d18a860fb1.jpg
2066e6434f3bc26ea82675337a517e5f.jpg
10b54cf4c3fd64a742d46570e950d51d.jpg

If u want any help fire away dude

Autoflower420

For flower times, add at least one week to the times that seed banks advertise. You may see plants that take longer, and some that take less, depending on how their genes sorted themselves in the seed. With living things, you never know.

On the LEDs, what is the actual wattage draw from the socket (tru watts)? You want to strive for 50 true watts per square foot or 800 watts in your case.

I always veg at least 3 months to develop a good root system and to train the ladies to produce more branches, and thus, more flowers.

I assume you meant "nutes", not "mutes". I've gotten good results from off-the-shelf Miracle Grow Tomato and their Bloom for flowering. Read the labels, you want something that has trace minerals, as well as the big three: NPK.

You'll really enjoy the added growth that LEDs give you over CFL's. I upgraded 6 months or so ago, but I still supplement the lower branches with CFL's, to get buds all over. I haven't tried creating a level canopy by cutting off the lower branches. It's up to you. Experiment, have fun, learn what your ladies like! :thumb:

Thanks for the advice, how many plants and pot size would you suggest? Also, if anyone has specific strain experience with relief from neuropathy, that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance as I prepare for this grow. I will start a journal when the time arrives.

I figure 2 sq. ft per mature plant, altho they can be trained as wide and low as you wish. A 5 gallon pot is standard, but I have used 3 or 5 gallon kitchen trash bins because they are tall and thin, and use up less floor space. So, figure 8 when they get mature.

The forum for exploring methods of treating various diseases, from pain to cancer are Sweet Sue's journals at these two URLs. One is for general medicinal use and the other focuses on CCO.

SweetSue's Cannabis Oil Study Hall and

The Perpetual Healing Garden - SweetSue's Joyful Return

From my experience , 25-30w per square foot of led wattage is optimal. Now that's actual wattage, meaning the actual wattage that the led pulls from the outlet. Don't get that confused with "equivalent" wattage.

So doing the calculations , if both of your led lights equal around 400-480w. You should be fine. Now I know the p300 draws 175w of actual wattage from the outlet. I'm not sure what the p450 draws out. But like I said 400-480w of led should be fine.

Does the use of LED's change what type of soil I should use?

This my third grow and I was wondering, if I used LST training would 4 plants fit in the space.

4x4 tent, 3 or 5 gallon pots, still trying to decide. Sativa dominate and indica dominate, I appreciate the help

Are there any strains that handle LST or topping better than others?

Back
Top Bottom