What size LED is right for me?

piestasher

Hi everyone, after completing my first grow I am now making a seperate room for flowering which will be led. I'm scroging 4x4 areA. Does anyone have size / brand suggestions? Thanks..... Not super rich!

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Mt experience is if you aint gonna spend much stick with mh/sodium.
High end leds might addyto your yield(if all other factors are correct) but are way more expensive.
Instead invest in good nutes, air conditiong systems in my opinion.
Wattage and size is not the only important factors, cimposition and brand and efiiciency of each led is important too
Good luck :)

The goal is about 50 true watts per sq-ft.
I prefer multiple smaller lights as opposed to one big panel.
Hopefully you are a little rich as LEDs are not a poor man's best solution, IMO.

Major said it perfectly. 50 true watts per square foot is a good starting point. Multiple panels give you multiple point sources of light, decreasing shading and shadows. There are some LED panels that aren't that expensive, I always recommend the older style Mars Hydro panels to those on a budget. You could get 2 of the 600's and 2 of the 300's for around $420. Or you could run 6 of the 300's. That would give you around 50 watts per square foot.

Six MH 300's will set you back about $300 and should provide good coverage (50W per ft) for your space.

Back
Top Bottom