First time

Too young for me to discuss it in the public areas of the forum (guidelines).

It's not, actually. (If you don't believe me, ask Tommy Chong :rolleyes:.) Entrapment in the kind of situation you are thinking of occurs when a LEO, in response to the question, "Are you a {cop / policeman / police officer / law enforcement officer / et cetera}?" answers, "No," or in words that mean substantially the same thing. The same would hold true if the person volunteers this (false) information, unasked. Note that, if the person is answering under duress, or if he/she has a reasonable expectation that his/her life or safety might be threatened by answering truthfully, then lying about it is not entrapment. Kind of like how if the evil mine owner next door holds a gun to your temple and says, "Either you sign over the mineral rights to your property right now or I'll blow your brains all over the wall beside you!" and you do sign... It's not valid.

I realize that the safety aspect isn't relevant in this particular example, but figured I'd include it in the interest of completeness. "For future reference" and all that, lol.

Personally, I'd me more inclined to think that the OP was some kid (minor) that I would be to think he/she might be a cop. Any adult intelligent enough to make it through the police academy (you don't have to be a genius - but they don't graduate actual morons) is going to be at least a little smarter than that, methinks. . . .

I try never to assume when someone mentions the word "entrapment," lol. I'm a little paranoid - no, wait, who am I kidding? I'm so paranoid that my shadow knocks before it follows me into the room ;) .

Back
Top Bottom