First Timer Getting Started

Might want to check out walmart. Ive been able to get 2liters there for 50-75cents on the regular :) Their off brand stuff is even cheaper sometimes!

i went to walmart after seeing this post, the cheapest i could find a 2L for was like 59 cents, but i gotta be honest with you, the quality of the 2L bottle was not as good as the ones i bought for $1. They are very thin and 'collapse' very easily, i buy the $1 bottles at rite aid , they will do the trick!

Yeah all is good! Been real busy with a million other things. Been working on my car, and now we are considering moving. Today I went to 12/12.

SAM_0606.JPG

SAM_06051.JPG

SAM_0604.JPG

SAM_06031.JPG

SAM_0602.JPG

SAM_06011.JPG

Hey Shadow, looking good...

Couple of things I would like to mention, hope you don't mind.

I would leave it in 12/12 till it shows female, then take a cutting or two. No problems taking cuttings the first two weeks in flower. By in flower I mean once it shows its sex. After 2 weeks I would not recommend it. I have done so successfully but it takes forever to root after 2 weeks. I run a perpetual cloning with no mother in my garden. I just take cuttings from the most vigorous females at that time. You will save yourself 2-3 weeks grow time by not reverting back to veg. Save yourself the expense of keeping a mother. No electric or nutes to burn. Just take the cuttings within the first two weeks and you will soon be overun with females.

No sweat, a clone from a clone, from a clone, from a clone and so on.

Just another option, nothing more...

I cut and wait for roots. Once transplanted I wait for vigorous new growth, then I top once and wait again for vigorous new growth. Then into flower they go. I use 11/13 in my flower garden, and I am now running GLR in the veg room. Clones seem to love it as well.

Time from clone (rooted) to flower will vary depending on your methods and environment. I dont consider it a clone till it is rooted. Till then it is a cutting.

2-3 weeks is a good average.

There may be some type of deficiency but I doubt it's calcium. I have very hard water here, and I'm pretty sure that means it's high in calcium.

Thanks for posting your methods. I'll be following them pretty closely. I'll take cuttings as soon as they show me sex. I may consider going back to GLR for the clones to save $ on lights. Have to grab another timer and some type of humidity dome for the clones. May even consider building a small areo cloner so I don't have to move shit around all the time to water.

Those babies are really getting big! It seems to be getting a little hot in your grow space. Anything you can do to get the temp down would be optimal.

It can be too hard as well. Causing lockouts. How well do you know your base water? Not what others are saying but what the water you feed with actually is.

All I really know is that the ppm = 280 before any nutes are added. The Ph is 6.5 and I never mess with it. I have noticed the leaves that the plant does let go turns yellow with brown spots before I yank em or they fall off. They are almost always near or at the bottom.

Thanks for stopping bye vic. I have been leaving the door a little farther open and covering the light with a blanket. It seems to keep the heat down a little better. I need some type of exhaust fan near the top of the chamber.

I've been hesitant on doing any more construction because of the possibility of us moving and needing to rip this all down anyway. I hate the idea of moving but.. This other place is double the size, and I'd be able to dedicate a entire room.
:Namaste:

All I really know is that the ppm = 280 before any nutes are added. The Ph is 6.5 and I never mess with it. I have noticed the leaves that the plant does let go turns yellow with brown spots before I yank em or they fall off. They are almost always near or at the bottom.

Thanks for stopping bye vic. I have been leaving the door a little farther open and covering the light with a blanket. It seems to keep the heat down a little better. I need some type of exhaust fan near the top of the chamber.

I've been hesitant on doing any more construction because of the possibility of us moving and needing to rip this all down anyway. I hate the idea of moving but.. This other place is double the size, and I'd be able to dedicate a entire room.
:Namaste:

Yep that's hard water. Not bad though, here I have seen 500 and 8.2. Usually 380 and 6.7. Ever measure your total alkalinity?

The brown spots sound like a mag deficiency. But I question what are the earliest signs you have seen? It also sounds like a necrotic N deficiency.

Always exhaust from the top most point you can get. Intake low as well.
Double the size doubles everything, from the cost to the work, plan carefully.

I make my size determination based on the lighting I wish to pay for. Reflective walls then to maximize everything I can.

Back
Top Bottom